Rams Media Fallout Week 9

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Some thoughts:

I think that we will hear a lot this week about how vulnerable the Rams are, how their secondary is a bit weak and how pressure on Goff can affect the offense and even that they are an "overrated" team. I don't know how an NFL team that is 8-0 and has beaten teams like the Seahawks, Chargers, Vikings and Packers can be "overrated" but there are those who really believe that. It's like they look at the Rams like they are watching some carnival game and are watching people fail at tossing a few baseballs into a basket and say: "Heck, I can do that. It isn't that hard." And then they try and fail. Winning is everything. At the end of the day it is all that matters. Good teams do it. Bad teams do not.

No one will talk about the fact that the Rams have the last "bye" in the league(along with the Chiefs), that their "home" games are not always HOME games, that they just came off three road games including playing in two of the toughest places in the NFL(Seattle and Denver) that the team they played was coming off a bye week healthy and that they have a HUGE target on their back by being the last undefeated team. Playing the Rams right now is every team's personal mini Superbowl. Everyone wants to be the one who takes down the baddest gunslinger. It will be the highlight of their season. The Rams will get every team's very best.

But the Rams have taken those shots these last few difficult weeks...and they won.

The Patriots barely beat the Chiefs and suddenly the Patriots are everyone's favorite but the Rams win close ones and they are "overrated".

Are the Rams perfect? No. But no team is. And their record? That IS perfect.

This will be a tough battle next week. It will take an unbelievable effort to win the game. And yet--how can you count the Rams out? They find a way. They just seem to find a way. We will see.

The other thing I want to mention--and I know this won't be popular--is how much I hate fantasy football. I am sick of hearing about how Gurley should have scored for fantasy reasons. Gurley did the right thing. Period. The only players I worry about are the guys with horns on their helmets. I understand that betters and fantasy guys may be a bit upset but I could care less. This is good coaching. This is smart playing.

Hey--I wanted Gurley to run it in as much as the next guy--and this score could easily have been 36-27 and not look quite so close. But I get WHY they did it--and that was smart. Why risk a missed extra point and a Rodgers miracle throw? Smart. Winning football.

So I expect the fans of other teams to say certain things and the media to say certain things. And just wait until the Rams do lose that first game--they will drop to 3 or 4 in power rankings and dismissed as a frauds. I won't believe it and the Rams fans won't believe it and most of all the Rams players won't believe it. To heck with the likes of Skip Bayless. This is a special team. I'm enjoying it.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i just hate every rams win (and what they are doing this season) always come with some sort of caveat .. the first three weeks of the season it was all about how we didn't leave the state of California..then it was yeah but team xyz arent good then we go and have a couple of tough close games and we arent as good as people think .. blah blah blah

i hear our Run D is a weakness ,,and yeah while its not steel curtain good ,,no one has exploited it enough to beat us
our TV studio crew over here (which includes rob "out of a job" ryan Takeo "no ring no neck" Spikes and Shaun "i won a superbowl ring with bears" gayle ) kept harping on how bad Goffs stats were on 3rd down (last in the league) and yet here we sit at 8-0 because he and the rams offense are so freaking good on 1st and 2nd down

if the chiefs were 8-0 everyone would proudly proclaim they were the best team in the NFL and no caveats .

i dont expect us to win every game but i do expect once we lose ,, every smug pundit will throw around told ya so's

but i really badly want to beat the saints .. those pricks have run the score up on us the last few times (even in fucking pre season ) ... please for the love of god let us beat the pants odd the saints

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i just hate every rams win (and what they are doing this season) always come with some sort of caveat .. the first three weeks of the season it was all about how we didn't leave the state of California..then it was yeah but team xyz arent good then we go and have a couple of tough close games and we arent as good as people think .. blah blah blah

i hear our Run D is a weakness ,,and yeah while its not steel curtain good ,,no one has exploited it enough to beat us
our TV studio crew over here (which includes rob "out of a job" ryan Takeo "no ring no neck" Spikes and Shaun "i won a superbowl ring with bears" gayle ) kept harping on how bad Goffs stats were on 3rd down (last in the league) and yet here we sit at 8-0 because he and the rams offense are so freaking good on 1st and 2nd down

if the chiefs were 8-0 everyone would proudly proclaim they were the best team in the NFL and no caveats .

i dont expect us to win every game but i do expect once we lose ,, every smug pundit will throw around told ya so's

but i really badly want to beat the saints .. those pricks have run the score up on us the last few times (even in freaking pre season ) ... please for the love of god let us beat the pants odd the saints
Didn’t the Rams beat the Saints last year in LA?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some thoughts:

I think that we will hear a lot this week about how vulnerable the Rams are, how their secondary is a bit weak and how pressure on Goff can affect the offense and even that they are an "overrated" team. I don't know how an NFL team that is 8-0 and has beaten teams like the Seahawks, Chargers, Vikings and Packers can be "overrated" but there are those who really believe that. It's like they look at the Rams like they are watching some carnival game and are watching people fail at tossing a few baseballs into a basket and say: "Heck, I can do that. It isn't that hard." And then they try and fail. Winning is everything. At the end of the day it is all that matters. Good teams do it. Bad teams do not.

No one will talk about the fact that the Rams have the last "bye" in the league(along with the Chiefs), that their "home" games are not always HOME games, that they just came off three road games including playing in two of the toughest places in the NFL(Seattle and Denver) that the team they played was coming off a bye week healthy and that they have a HUGE target on their back by being the last undefeated team. Playing the Rams right now is every team's personal mini Superbowl. Everyone wants to be the one who takes down the baddest gunslinger. It will be the highlight of their season. The Rams will get every team's very best.

But the Rams have taken those shots these last few difficult weeks...and they won.

The Patriots barely beat the Chiefs and suddenly the Patriots are everyone's favorite but the Rams win close ones and they are "overrated".

This will be a tough battle next week. It will take an unbelievable effort to win the game. And yet--how can you count the Rams out? They find a way. They just seem to find a way. We will see.

The other thing I want to mention--and I know this won't be popular--is how much I hate fantasy football. I am sick of hearing about how Gurley should have scored for fantasy reasons. Gurley did the right thing. Period. The only players I worry about are the guys with horns on their helmets. I understand that betters and fantasy guys may be a bit upset but I could care less. This is good coaching. This is smart playing.

Hey--I wanted Gurley to run it in as much as the next guy--and this score could easily have been 36-27 and not look quite so close. But I get WHY they did it--and that was smart. Why risk a missed extra point and a Rodgers miracle throw? Smart. Winning football.

So I expect the fans of other teams to say certain things and the media to say certain things. And just wait until the Rams do lose that first game--they will drop to 3 or 4 in power rankings and dismissed as a frauds. I won't believe it and the Rams fans won't believe it and most of all the Rams players won't believe it. To heck with the likes of Skip Bayless. This is a special team. I'm enjoying it.

Every week, things change. The one constant is that the Rams have found a way to win through the offense, the defense, and the special team units for 8 straight games. THAT is why we beat the Packers. We don’t have a game on the schedule like ARod vs the LA Rams or Brees vs the Rams or Cousins vs the Rams....I’ve heard how “lucky” we were for that fumble and it’s recovery by Malik on ST. Really? Were we lucky on all of the no call offensive holdings on AD, Suh, and Brockers? I remember a slam to Goff that probably should have been a penalty. The point is that we can make excuses all day about the outcome.

The Los Angeles Rams lined up for 60 minutes against a well prepared, rested team, and won the game. Period.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny parallel, all year long I heard how the Red Sox weren’t that good, they had weaknesses and record was built on beating soft teams.
Right @Boston Ram ?
Congrats brother

Q729

Legend
Some thoughts:

I don't know. I've always said the Patriots are overrated and teams let them off the hook all the time with dumb ass mistakes at the wrong time. But nah, I'm "just a hater" lol.

Didn’t the Rams beat the Saints last year in LA?
Yeah but I wanna beat them again
Lol. That's like my thinking with the Niners streak. Sure the overall series is close, but I want to run off 17-straight wins for true payback. Hell, 18 straight wins.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Funny parallel, all year long I heard how the Red Sox weren’t that good, they had weaknesses and record was built on beating soft teams.
Right @Boston Ram ?
Congrats brother

Thanks buddy, but I was kind of right......Steve Pearce and Nathan Eovaldi were trade deadline guys lol and werent around all year.

I really dont understand the narrative though that the Rams havent beaten anyone this year. Denver in Denver, Minnesota, Green Bay and Seattle......Good wins IMO.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
We play the Dolphins??? Shit...I wish we came back and played the Dolphins after the bye. Unfortunately we play the Lions.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No worries mates the Los Angeles Rams are 8-0 and I believe they are getting the respect, keep in mind, this is only the second year of winning, if they go on to win a Super Bowl, perspectives change and sometimes not for the better as they don't see the obvious.

I guarantee the game coming up will be the toughest challenge as the Saints can run the football plus they have a good defensive line to put pressure on Goff. Playing in New Orleans is very difficult, but IMO, the Rams should be able to run consistently on the Saints and that is what they must do, but Alvin Mentian Kamara is as electric as Gurley so it will be quite a challenge.

Hopefully the Rams can sure up the middle of the OL as there were some issues there and need to limit the mistakes in the secondary over the top. Also I believe the plays are there for the TE's., McVay just needs to come back to them more plus with Cooper Kupp back that can make a world of difference, huge game that can also determine home field advantage.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
Some thoughts:

The reason you hear the "Rams are overrated" or "the Rams haven't played anyone good" yet still is because everyone wants to be the guy who got it right. Everyone wants to be the guy who called their loss or implosion or whatever. If the Rams go 19-0 or something no one is going to remember who said they were not going to win game 9 or 10 or whatever. It's just people trying to get clout.

fearsomefour

Legend
The reason you hear the "Rams are overrated" or "the Rams haven't played anyone good" yet still is because everyone wants to be the guy who got it right. Everyone wants to be the guy who called their loss or implosion or whatever. If the Rams go 19-0 or something no one is going to remember who said they were not going to win game 9 or 10 or whatever. It's just people trying to get clout.
Plus, they are not a perfect team, the team has some holes.
Honestly, I find that very exciting. The team is young and is in a solid cap position.
The team has some issues and is 8-0.
This really should be the second year of sustained winning.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This video ticked me off. "So they're 8-0 but let's talk about the Packers here." :mad:
also all three were confident the saints have our number another reason i want to beat them

Poppinfresh

Rookie
. Really? Were we lucky on all of the no call offensive holdings on AD, Suh, and Brockers?

This is the one that gets me. These pundits keep saying the D is underperforming, but none of them point out how almost EVERY PLAY one of our front 3 is in a headlock without a flag.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor