Rams may be having problems with their tenants

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Per Fred Roggin
70836669_10156159133485981_9005146453647032320_n.png.jpg

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH

You know every Giant building project is gonna have cost glitches unforeseen and can only have one boss and when Spanos is sent the new charges he probably has a baby. He can't afford to play with the big boys anyway. Chargers may not afford TP in their new bathrooms. Is'nt the voters in the NFL responsible for picking the chargers? No way can this work right? If not now then at another time the chargers will need to find fans. #RamsHouse

IE Rams

Pro Bowler

Rams, Chargers Reportedly Feuding Over New Stadium
www.thebiglead.com
By Ryan Phillips | Sep 21 2019
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - SEPTEMBER 15: Los Angeles Rams owner Stan Kroenke looks on before the game between the Los Angeles Rams and the New Orleans Saints at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on September 15, 2019 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Sean M. Haffey/Getty Images)
Sean M. Haffey/Getty Images
The Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers will be sharing stadium in Inglewood, California starting next season but apparently all is not well in the relationship. A report Saturday night suggests the two sides may be feuding, with the Rams particularly upset.

Fred Roggin of NBCLAis reporting there is friction in the relationship between the two franchises. The Rams apparently don't believe the Chargers are fulfilling their end of the agreement the two teams signed.

This is happens to be the least surprising story ever.

It's well-known in NFL circles that Rams owner Stan Kroenke and Chargers owner Dean Spanos don't like each other. It's also publicly known that the Chargers have been a massive dud when it comes to selling the PSLs that will help fund their end of construction. Thanks to a hilarious lack of interest, Spanos and company had to wildly reduce the price of their seat licenses.

The Chargers told NFL owners they were projecting to make $400 million from PSL sales in Los Angeles. That number was part of the justification for leaving San Diego, as more money was available in the the nation's second-biggest media market. After being in said market for more than a year, the franchise "adjusted" that projection from $400 million to $150 million. A little quick math shows that's just 37.5 percent of the team's initial projection. That's also $250 million that would not be helping to fund Kroenke's stadium.

The NFL forced Spanos and Kroenke to make nice and sign an agreement for the LA stadium. Despite any puff pieces claiming the two sides are "equal partners" in the venture, we all know that's garbage. The stadium project is Kroenke's while Spanos and the Chargers are basically hangers-on. If Kroenke can show the Chargers aren't living up to their obligations in the deal, things could get really messy.

Kroenke and the Rams would love nothing more than to completely remove the Chargers from the equation and have the Inglewood stadium all to themselves. They were forced into the lease agreement by the NFL and would love to be rid of it. Meanwhile, the Chargers have struggled to make any dent in an LA market that didn't even want them and would essentially be homeless.

We'll see how this plays out, but if this is true, it's yet another sign that the Chargers are and always have been a bad fit in Los Angeles. The NFL has to be questioning why it ever allowed Spanos to move in the first place.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Having an open spot for a team in a state of the art stadium in LA probably has more value to the league long term than Spanos paying cents on the dollar to be there.

dang

Legend
Chargers need to get used to the fact - that everyone considers them renters. Whether is perception or reality doesn't really matter.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Wonder if Spanos realizes that Stan is a hardline negotiator. This is gonna be entertaining.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I’ve never been a big fan of the “Whose house? Rams house!” chant, but now that I see it’s part of Kroenke’s hardline negotiating tactics, I’m starting to like it better...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he can't foot his bill he's fooked in a bad way. This is going to be fun to watch unfold.

oldnotdead

Legend
Spanos is going to be bankrupt if he has to fulfill the lease in it's entirety. Look back in 1999 I did work for a client who was doing NFL surveys and projections of projected fan base and fan interest. Even then all surveys showed the possible fan base for the Chargers was in the bottom half of the league. Bottom line, they had no fans in any appreciable numbers back then so 20 years later that's supposed to improve?

The supposed Battle for LA was all a Charger advertising gimmick that didn't work. Before their move to LA, I was talking to the same friends who still work for the same company, and we both agreed the Chargers had only one place to go if they didn't stay in San Diego. Back then Las Vegas was publicly courting them but they were shunned by Spanos and that is when I knew they were going to sell the team. We both agreed the Chargers would be insolvent within 5 years if not much sooner if they moved to LA. They moved the franchise to LA simply to increase it's value. But that only means something if you intend to sell the franchise.

They were made a very serious offer of over $1B to sell while in San Diego, by an investor group who wanted to keep the Chargers in San Diego. Dean Spanos scoffed and said he could double the value of the franchise by moving to LA. A month later he did.

Kroenke has the juice to force the Spanos family to sell or fulfill the contract. IMO that is where this is heading. It wouldn't surprise me if the Chargers played only one season in that stadium under the Spanos family. They can only draw about 12K Charger fans to their current games how do they intend to support the franchise and meet their financial NFL commitments? Nepotism is rampant in the Charger organization. This is how the family makes it's living. It wouldn't surprise me if next year or the year after the NFL forces the sale of the franchise.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is truly the funniest, most understated situation in the world. Spanos is hated by everyone, including the fan base in San Diego. He’s blindingly unaware, or just doesn’t care, that he and his team are the NFL’s beggars. He and his family constantly wear the 1970’s polysester tan leisure suit to every NFL black tie affair, because they are grasping at what the rich kids have. Pathetically funny because I hate them for horning in on what the Rams have in LA, and so I constantly want to grind their face into the dirt (schadenfreude and all that....)

I am getting tired of them, because they don’t belong in our place. Go away, Chargers. I am tired of hating you, because you are that guest that doesn’t get adage that ANY guest that stays at your house over 3 days, starts to smell like spoiled fish...and it’s been a few years!

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH

www.thebiglead.com
By Ryan Phillips | Sep 21 2019
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - SEPTEMBER 15: Los Angeles Rams owner Stan Kroenke looks on before the game between the Los Angeles Rams and the New Orleans Saints at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on September 15, 2019 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Sean M. Haffey/Getty Images)
Sean M. Haffey/Getty Images
The Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers will be sharing stadium in Inglewood, California starting next season but apparently all is not well in the relationship. A report Saturday night suggests the two sides may be feuding, with the Rams particularly upset.

Fred Roggin of NBCLAis reporting there is friction in the relationship between the two franchises. The Rams apparently don't believe the Chargers are fulfilling their end of the agreement the two teams signed.

This is happens to be the least surprising story ever.

It's well-known in NFL circles that Rams owner Stan Kroenke and Chargers owner Dean Spanos don't like each other. It's also publicly known that the Chargers have been a massive dud when it comes to selling the PSLs that will help fund their end of construction. Thanks to a hilarious lack of interest, Spanos and company had to wildly reduce the price of their seat licenses.

The Chargers told NFL owners they were projecting to make $400 million from PSL sales in Los Angeles. That number was part of the justification for leaving San Diego, as more money was available in the the nation's second-biggest media market. After being in said market for more than a year, the franchise "adjusted" that projection from $400 million to $150 million. A little quick math shows that's just 37.5 percent of the team's initial projection. That's also $250 million that would not be helping to fund Kroenke's stadium.

The NFL forced Spanos and Kroenke to make nice and sign an agreement for the LA stadium. Despite any puff pieces claiming the two sides are "equal partners" in the venture, we all know that's garbage. The stadium project is Kroenke's while Spanos and the Chargers are basically hangers-on. If Kroenke can show the Chargers aren't living up to their obligations in the deal, things could get really messy.

Kroenke and the Rams would love nothing more than to completely remove the Chargers from the equation and have the Inglewood stadium all to themselves. They were forced into the lease agreement by the NFL and would love to be rid of it. Meanwhile, the Chargers have struggled to make any dent in an LA market that didn't even want them and would essentially be homeless.

We'll see how this plays out, but if this is true, it's yet another sign that the Chargers are and always have been a bad fit in Los Angeles. The NFL has to be questioning why it ever allowed Spanos to move in the first place.

This information should be enough to stop any future person from risking his money on something that has Spanos' name on it. They will be in court soon and those who don't pay rent get evicted. Spanos probably can't afford the interest on what he owes already and you know it's growing by the second as this project will hit many more expensive snags before it's completed and Spanos won't even know till he gets the bill. NFL will have to eat a big part of this in my guesstomation. This sucker will make RAMS a 5 Billion dollar team when it's done. That number keeps growing. I remember when it was 3 and 1/2 Billion. Can't wait to spend whatever it takes to watch MY RAMS play in SoFi stadium. I hear Coaches and players like the practice facility just where it is and it's neighborhood. Team looks like it could be solid for 5 years at current leadership and their extension. This can't end well for the chargers name,team,fans,reputation and history. I thought Madame Ram was bad. #Facepalm. After my stroke and A-Fib discovery. my days are very limited to hope to see this event in person. I'm so Blessed to have fallen in Love with this team and it's history almost 60 years ago and after the move to St. Louis and World Championship who would have thought I'd live to see the Blue and White HORNS play again in the Collesium? It's been a dream come true. A miracle in how it all went down and whats being built. Sorry it's like me with my legal team in litigation against an insurance company after a Cat 5 storm. They hate paying what it costs at todays prices and new codes to rebuild what once looked like my pictures show. We after a year are winding it down to them paying up. They want to avoid a jury trial in the city that experienced the nightmare firsthand as their jury. It's a contributing factor in my stroke in my opinion. I love the law when it works for you. I wonder what leg the Spanos' think they have to stand on?

oldnotdead

Legend
The Spanos family got chased out of the development business in Modesto and elsewhere because of their sketchy dealings. Whoever buys the franchise will have to move it. The only place is back to San Diego. Fans in SD don't hate the team, they hate the owner. Under new ownership they will be welcomed back.

You know the Chargers have to be bleeding money. I don't think they have paid their $465M relocation fee and that gets split up among the other owners ($15M each). Time for the NFL to call in their note, along with Kroenke and repo the franchise. Put it up for auction, and if anything is left after the wolves are done feasting, then the Spanos family can have that.

Before the Chargers left SD they were averaging a final net profit of around $65M each year. The franchise was valued at about $1.1B. The greed of the Spanos family assumed that their bottom line income would rise proportional to the franchise value.....huh??? Even a high school accounting student can see the stupidity in that. The Packers were close in value to the Chargers but since the Chargers had a sweetheart stadium deal they netted more money each year, as the Packers own their own stadium. The Packers average between $35M - $40M in net profit each year.

Eli Broad offered to buy in a 35% ownership and build the Chargers a stadium in the City of Industry where he owns 600 acres. He would foot the entire costs of a state of the art stadium as his buy in. Dean Spanos rebuffed him.

So Dean Spanos understood the astronomically huge costs he was assuming, including the costs of moving and the huge relocation fee. Yet he assumed they would make more money? He didn't believe all the marketing studies done since 1999 saying the Chargers had no fan base in LA. The Raiders were shown to be in the top 5 in those studies. Yet Dean assumed he could charge astronomical prices for seats and have no problem filling the stadium. After all, they averaged almost 60K in attendance in SD. LOL

Any half wit businessman would do at least a modicum of research before making a costly move of that sort. He sabotaged every stadium deal in SD to give him his out of town ticket. His own words he stated that he was more than confident that at least 50% of the Charger fan base would drive 3 hours to see games in LA. He actually faked studies showing that publicly and to the NFL.

IMO Eli Broad would be in the running for buying the team. He's wanted a team since 1998 and he has 600 acres and deep pockets to build is own stadium in the City of Industry. The only real fanbase the Chargers have is in Orange County and the Inland Empire. That along with only being 90 minutes from Carlsbad gives them a start of a fan base. Plus if Spanos is gone so is the sewage smell and SD fans might support the team.

Karma is a bitch Dean. Time to put on your Bozo costume and run around honking your horn to try to get people to be fans. Hell even Mark Davis is laughing at you. He got you focused on Carson, the old 1999 expansion team site, while he stole your Vegas deal. When he did that I laughed my butt off for days. Now he's thinking about taking on an ownership partner to pay his debts. LOL why would anyone (Broad) do that when they can wait and probably get 100% of the franchise later.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Compounding problems for the Chargers... fans see this... so more “potential fans” only see a franchise destined for relocation.

Thus, less fans.

The Chargers will end up elsewhere. It’s only a matter of when.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I had an evil thought that I won't put up, but yeah...hehehehehe....