Rams looking at a QB along with Cotchery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Adam Caplan ‏ @caplannfl
During Jerricho Cotchery's workout today for the Rams, QB Dennis Dixon is scheduled to throw to the veteran WR, according to Dixon's agent.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Thats probably been the most intriguing part of our offseason so far, the search for backup QBs lol.

Im wondering how they will also handle it in the draft. Devaney always looked for 1 in the late rounds or a UDFA every year.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Still scratching my head about Clemons??????? Where has Dixon been lately?

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Ramhusker said:

Well the Jets did let him go after the 2010 season. Mark Brunell was their backup last season.

Dixon has been with the Steelers.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Ramhusker said:

He was the back up in Pittsburgh. Four career appearances (three starts), completed 35-of-59 passes (59.3%) for 402 yards (6.8 YPA), one touchdown, and two interceptions. Also rushed 10 times for 56 yards (5.6 YPC) and another score.

He adds mobility to the back up QB position, which IMO is a big plus. If Sam gets hurt, there's a good chance it was because our Oline was doing a great job. Dixon would overcome some of the deficiency.