Rams inquiring about ju-ju

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I could be ok with him but Jackson would be my favorite Trojan

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Juju. I think he'll be a good #2 in the NFL. Solid hands, great YAC skills, very physical, and a pretty polished player.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Not a fan. He's a solid wr but not the difference maker the Rams need,especially without a 1st

A55VA6

Legend
I like Juju. I think he'll be a good #2 in the NFL. Solid hands, great YAC skills, very physical, and a pretty polished player.
I agree. I think he'll be a solid NFL WR. I wouldn't mind him in horns!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be a happy guy if Schuster and Adore found their way on to our roster

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He reminds me of Kenny Britt to be honest.. so yeah I would take him. just not sure about using our 2nd round pick on him

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting

This is what I said in my mock that had us selecting him in the second round:
Juju was a very productive WR for the Trojans. At 6'1" to 6'2" 215 to 220 pounds, he's a built to be a possession WR in our scheme. Juju does not possess breakaway speed to win vertically with consistency or the hands to dominate at the catch point like Alshon Jeffery or Mike Evans. However, he is an incredibly strong and physical WR who uses his size and craftiness to bully CBs and create separation. Juju also is an intelligent WR who understands how run routes to create separation against man coverage and find the soft spots against zone coverage. Juju is arguably the best YAC WR in this class using his strength, physicality, balance, and quickness to create yardage after the catch. I think Juju compares favorably to Michael Crabtree and Hakeem Nicks. My biggest concern with Juju is that his physical style of play will shorten his NFL career (like it did for Nicks).

I think the Rams need to get the second round pick right. I'm all for swinging for the fences but not with our first pick this year. I want us to take a great football player. IMO, my mocks reflect that. I have us taking risks on guys like Ahkello Witherspoon, Ishmael Zamora, Jonnu Smith, etc. Those guys are better athletes than football players at this point. But I'm taking those risks in third, fourth, and fifth rounds.(not at every pick, though) But the guys I have us taking in the second round are great football players. They're guys like Forrest Lamp, T.J. Watt, Juju Smith, etc.

I think the smartest thing you can do in the draft is recognize when the juice is worth the squeeze.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Personally would rather grab Zay Jones in the 3rd if available. Guy was born with hands made out of stickum and is as fluid as water.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd love him as a number 2. Seems like a smaller framed Bolden

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
This is what I said in my mock that had us selecting him in the second round:

I think the Rams need to get the second round pick right. I'm all for swinging for the fences but not with our first pick this year. I want us to take a great football player. IMO, my mocks reflect that. I have us taking risks on guys like Ahkello Witherspoon, Ishmael Zamora, Jonnu Smith, etc. Those guys are better athletes than football players at this point. But I'm taking those risks in third, fourth, and fifth rounds.(not at every pick, though) But the guys I have us taking in the second round are great football players. They're guys like Forrest Lamp, T.J. Watt, Juju Smith, etc.

I think the smartest thing you can do in the draft is recognize when the juice is worth the squeeze.

I'm not denying his talent nor am I saying swing for the fences with the 2nd rounder. I just don't think he has a huge ceiling, something you touched on a few posts ago when you said he's a solid #2 wr. In a year full of free agent wrs that are solid #2 WRs I don't think using our top pick on one is the best use of resources. Then there's the fact that if tavon has a bounce back year he's capable of in an actual NFL offense, he'd be the #2 anyway.

I also think we can agree that it's way too early to give up on cooper and/or Thomas as potential long term option after the pathetic offensive coaching/scheme that had to work with in their only season as pros.

Can't say it would be bad to draft a guy with clear talent like juju, I just don't think it's the best option and would be a bit let down tbh. But hey, to each his own

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not denying his talent nor am I saying swing for the fences with the 2nd rounder. I just don't think he has a huge ceiling, something you touched on a few posts ago when you said he's a solid #2 wr. In a year full of free agent wrs that are solid #2 WRs I don't think using our top pick on one is the best use of resources. Then there's the fact that if tavon has a bounce back year he's capable of in an actual NFL offense, he'd be the #2 anyway.

I also think we can agree that it's way too early to give up on cooper and/or Thomas as potential long term option after the pathetic offensive coaching/scheme that had to work with in their only season as pros.

Can't say it would be bad to draft a guy with clear talent like juju, I just don't think it's the best option and would be a bit let down tbh. But hey, to each his own
Just to play Devils advocate, you said that you would rather sign a number 2 wide out than use a second round pick on one. I think it's quite the opposite. Why spend 10 million a year on a number 2 guy when you can draft one with similar or greater upside for more than half the price? From a draft standpoint, finding a number one reciever in round 2 is a bit tough. That's exactly where I'd want to grab a number 2 guy

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
At 6 ft 2 / 220 he has nice size too! I'll be watching him at tomorrow's Combine!! He looks real good so far!!