Rams in London

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

14639839_10155205135943484_8214434053906864886_n.jpg

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Cool picture, but I hope we don't see him have to punt on Sunday.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For the first time ever the NFL descends onto Twickenham Stadium, as the New York Giants play the Los Angeles Rams in the 2016 NFL International Series. Kick-off is at 2.30pm BST. <-------- Bull Shit Time Zone?

Tickets are now sold out.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Twickenham-Rugby-Stadium.jpg

Excerpts from:

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/New-York-Giants-Los-Angeles-Rams-Twickenham-Stadium-London-NYC-397307691.html

NFL Prepares for London Game Between Giants, Rams
By Zac Boyer

Twickenham Stadium has seen its share of tackles and tries, field goals and forward passes.

The NFL is about to bring some more, but with a twist.

A sporting event other than rugby will be held at the venue for the first time in its 107-year history when it hosts a game between the Los Angeles Rams and the New York Giants on Sunday.
After playing 15 games over 10 years at Wembley Stadium, the league is slightly broadening its international horizons, moving one of its annual international games to a different London location.

Even for those who have made the trek to Wembley, Sunday's game will provide a different type of atmosphere. Think of it, in American terms, as Lambeau Field meets Wrigley Field.

"Twickenham is definitely a suburban, residential venue, and so it offers a very different experience for fans," said Mark Waller, the NFL's executive vice president for international. "I think it's going to be fascinating and interesting for our fans to give us feedback on how that experience will compare to what many of them will already have seen and known at Wembley."

To prepare Twickenham for Sunday's game, the NFL and the Rugby Football Union had to make a number of significant changes.

For one, with football rosters twice the size of their rugby counterparts, the existing locker rooms will be insufficient. The Rams, the designated home team, will dress in a temporary facility in the Twickenham gym, while the Giants will utilize an adjacent reception hall.

The coaching booths, located just above the access tunnels for rugby games, will be moved to the sixth level to provide coaches with an appropriate viewpoint. Those converted suites also will need to be fitted with replay and communications systems - something the NFL and RFU have been working to install.

Some of those changes will be noticeable to longtime Twickenham attendees. In addition to the goal posts, which were installed last Monday, and the field markings, to be painted later this week, the capacity of the stadium will be reduced from 82,000 to 75,000 for NFL games.

The Rams, who flew through the night after a 31-28 road loss to the Detroit Lions, arrived in London early Monday. Per the terms of their relocation from St. Louis, they will play at least one home game in London every year until their new stadium opens in 2019.

Twickenham-Stadium-rugbypage_0.jpg

JS68237038.jpg

TomMack

Rookie
Great scheduling for the Rams. Two home games in the first eight weeks. Trips to Seattle, Phoenix, Tampa, Detroit and a home game in London. Thanks to the NFL for welcoming L.A. back.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Weather calls for rain. Who would have thunk?

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Did I miss a change somewhere along the line?? Article says Rams are playing every year in London until 2019. I thought Mexico was likely next year and China in 2018.
:bueller:

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Great scheduling for the Rams. Two home games in the first eight weeks. Trips to Seattle, Phoenix, Tampa, Detroit and a home game in London. Thanks to the NFL for welcoming L.A. back.

Think you meant Santa Clara, but yeah total BS.

Patriots get 4/6 games at home, 3 of them in a row.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For the first time ever the NFL descends onto Twickenham Stadium, as the New York Giants play the Los Angeles Rams in the 2016 NFL International Series. Kick-off is at 2.30pm BST. <-------- Bull crap Time Zone?

Tickets are now sold out.
BST ... best sodding time .... you're welcome colonial

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Did I miss a change somewhere along the line?? Article says Rams are playing every year in London until 2019. I thought Mexico was likely next year and China in 2018.
:bueller:
They're playing an International Series game (as the home team) each year until 2019 -- not necessarily in London.

Thought I read somewhere that the 2017 game might be in Germany, but I doubt that anything is set in stone right now.

The 2018 game in China is looking more and more like a logistical impossibility, though -- that'll probably be moved to a different locale (preferrably somewhere that isn't a 12-hour time difference with California).

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Thought I read somewhere that the 2017 game might be in Germany

When London was originally chosen for these international series games, I always thought it seemed a bit harsh on Germany because by the end of NFL Europe most of the teams were based in Germany so I'd have thought that they would be the first choice for games over here in Europe.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
When London was originally chosen for these international series games, I always thought it seemed a bit harsh on Germany because by the end of NFL Europe most of the teams were based in Germany so I'd have thought that they would be the first choice for games over here in Europe.

Agreed -- the NFL should throw some love Germany's way.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
We don't have two consecutive home games once this year. That's fucking bullshit.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
The tailgate meet up has been arranged... anyone going to the game who wants to catch a beer let us know!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
so gutted i couldn't get a ticket...