Rams future QB situation?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Nothing against Austin Davis but personally I would not feel real comfortable if he is the Rams starting QB next season. I do realize all QB's have bad games now and then but I just don't think Davis is the long-term solution. I do appreciate the job he has done the past several weeks (and I hope remains a Ram as a backup) but I do hope the Rams find a better solution (Draft, Trade, Free Agency, A Healthy Sam Bradford, etc) during the offseason

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're killing me with this bold reactionary threads every game day. Take a moment to breath, not every thought that pops in your head needs to be its own new thread. Use the game day thread/chat/vent thread

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Yeah I figured Davis would be exposed eventually. He needs a consistent run game and good O-line to keep good defenses honest. I'm all for keeping him as a franchise backup QB though. As for our future starter, I really hope Fisher has something in store for us this offseason; with the way we're playing, Winston won't be out of reach.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
It doesn't matter who we draft or sign as a QB in free agency for next season as long as the O-line can't block for him. You can have Brady or Manning in their prime back there and it will still be a disaster.

V3

Hall of Fame
I honestly don't think the Rams will lose enough to get one of the top QB's. That's how Fisher's teams work. I sure as hell don't want to trade up for a QB, either. This is why I wanted the Rams to trade down from #2 this past draft to get an extra first rounder this next draft.

Let's draft a QB with our first round pick, play him behind a line of Rookie LG playing LT / UDFA LG / C in his first game / Last season's worst OG / Barksdale then let's shit all over him when we dial up long pass plays every fucking play until late in Q4 and lets do that every fucking year until the end of time (y).

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
^^^^^^^

Yes, yes, yes....

Offensive Line
Linebacker
Corner
Kicker

.....not so sure I'd want to pull the trigger on a QB this draft. Hard to judge a QB with this O-Line and Schotty at the helm.

Irish

Starter
I have said it several times.

The Rams QB of the future is not on this roster, not yet.

You can draft OL in the later rounds. Yes, you need to fix lots of things on this team, but QB is at the top of that list.

A55VA6

Legend
Whether Davis plays good or not, the QB position is up in the air in 2015. For now, we're rolling with Davis.

Next year could probably be a QB competition between Davis, Bradford, Gilbert, and a rookie (preferably before round 4)

lockdnram21

Legend
I honestly don't think the Rams will lose enough to get one of the top QB's. That's how Fisher's teams work. I sure as hell don't want to trade up for a QB, either. This is why I wanted the Rams to trade down from #2 this past draft to get an extra first rounder this next draft.
thats the only option unless we keep losing. i would say trade up and get Winston or Mariota. we are a Qb anda couple line man away. The defense will be fine once Long,Johnson, and Jenkins come back.

SyncMaster

UDFA
Maybe we should draft 7 different QBs. That way when we give up on the next guy we got a head start on doing it all over again.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They just need to take the QB they target when they know he will be there. They're gonna draft one regardless, and probably with the first round pick.

Fish can then get his OL where he usually likes to get them: after the first round.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
They just need to take the QB they target when they know he will be there. They're gonna draft one regardless, and probably with the first round pick.

Fish can then get his OL where he usually likes to get them: after the first round.

As I've said I prefer to go o line first but I'm losing faith in Fisher as the man to do what needs to be done to make this team competitive

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think we're seeing why Davis was undrafted and never made a gameday roster before this season.

He pleasantly surprised us with his moxy. He's a competitor. But he does have limitations. And the rest of the team makes it impossible for someone like him to succeed.

We're not likely to draft Winston. We'll win a couple more which likely puts us out of the top 3. I think you have to be top 3 to draft Winston. Might as well try to improve the talent level for the future and use free agency for the short term.

And the short term is crucial to Fisher and Snead. Another season like this one next year and I don't think they survive it.