Rams' free-agent scorecard 1.0/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams' free-agent scorecard 1.0
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/17176/rams-free-agent-scorecard-1-0

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- We are more than a week into free agency and under the old system, we'd be getting ready to dive into the second wave of signings.

Alas, with the advent of the three-day negotiating window, the "second wave" comes pretty much in the second hour of the first day of the new league year. There are, however, some solid players still to be found on the open market but it's fair to assume that the prices have largely dropped.

Clearly, the Rams still have major needs on the offensive line. But 10 days into this, here's where things stand for the Rams:

Staying

TE Lance Kendricks -- The Rams brought Kendricks back on a four-year $18.5 million deal and essentially sealed up their depth at the tight end position for 2015 in the process.

WR Kenny Britt -- Britt signed a two-year deal that with incentives could get him close to $14 million but the real numbers are actually well below that. The contract hasn't yet filed with the league but his first-year cap number is expected to be in the $4 million range.

Coming

QB Nick Foles -- Foles comes to the Rams from the Philadelphia Eagles in the big trade that took place on the opening day of free agency. Jeff Fisher already declared Foles is his 2015 starter.

QB Case Keenum -- In one of the stranger moves of the offseason, the Rams traded a 2016 seventh-round pick to Houston to reacquire Keenum, who was on the Rams practice squad for a chunk of the 2014 season.

LB Akeem Ayers -- The Rams signed Ayers to a two-year deal within the first few days of free agency after Ayers took a visit to St. Louis. He's expected to be the team's strong side linebacker and a movable chess piece for coordinator Gregg Williams to deploy in blitz packages.

DT Nick Fairley -- The Rams inked Fairley to a one-year deal to bolster their interior depth on the defensive line. It's a $5 million with incentives that should give Fairley a chance to prove himself and cash in next year if he performs.

OL Garrett Reynolds -- Reynolds brings the Rams a versatile piece who should offer the Rams some much-needed depth and experience on the offensive line.

Going

QB Sam Bradford -- Dealt to the Eagles as part of the trade for Foles, the waiting and wondering about Bradford's future in St. Louis can finally vanish.

QB Shaun Hill -- The veteran signal caller got a surprising amount of interest in the early hours of free agency and ended up landing a two-year deal to go back to the Minnesota Vikings, where he started his career.

DT Kendall Langford, OT Jake Long, C Scott Wells -- In a series of cost-cutting moves, the Rams let go of all three players. Langford was a pure money-saving move more so than his performance after Aaron Donald claimed his starting job. Long and Wells had gone through injury-plagued years and were eating up too much cap space.

OL Mike Person -- Reynolds' essentially fills the role that Person once had. Person signed a one-year deal with the Atlanta Falcons.

Still out there

OT Joe Barksdale -- The last of the key Rams' free agents still on the market, Barksdale's camp has been mostly quiet throughout the process. The Tennessee Titans have expressed interest but the Rams are still in the mix. If the price drops into range, he could return to St. Louis.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
What about McLeod? Are the Rams gonna bring him back? I was sure he was gonna be back playing FS 2015. Now I'm not so sure since no one is even mentioning him in the Ram's media really.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
What about McLeod? Are the Rams gonna bring him back? I was sure he was gonna be back playing FS 2015. Now I'm not so sure since no one is even mentioning him in the Ram's media really.
We put a 2nd round tender Mcleod. Barring any team willing to give up a 2nd round pick for him, he is on the team.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
We put a 2nd round tender Mcleod. Barring any team willing to give up a 2nd round pick for him, he is on the team.

Ahh cool! I forgot about the tenders right before FA. The D is ready to roll save fore maybe 1 more CB or LB for depth.