Rams draft winners & losers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jefferson will start, along with Woods and Kupp in our base formation. Bank it
So they signed DJax and drafted a speed guy after McVay non stop talking about adding speed and the speed guys don’t start? Ok banking on McVay lying to us about wanting speed.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's where your argument goes off-the-rails. The cap and Dead-$ are real things and can't be completely ignored.
There is no argument. The Rams have shown that they arent concerned with dead money, 40 mill last year and they went on a playoff run despite their QB and DT being hurt. So this off season, they're eating another 40 mill in a reduced cap year. And they dont sweat it.
You might, but that isnt the point that was made.
Yup, the Rams do things different than other teams, and until it backfires, they should not be doubted.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Couldn't the Rams trade Kupp or Woods next year? Like a salary dump, in exchange for a 5th or 6th round pick?
They are still on the hook for the dead money though, that cant be traded because its already been spent. Like Signing bonus monies paid out and just being written off, or restructure monies.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Jefferson will start, along with Woods and Kupp in our base formation. Bank it
I don't see it that way but we'll see.

Woods Kupp DJax
Higbee
Akers
These are the 11 personnel base starters IMO.

Jefferson & Henderson first guys in on rotation/matchup/situation. First TE off the bench? Idk.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
There is no argument. The Rams have shown that they arent concerned with dead money, 40 mill last year and they went on a playoff run despite their QB and DT being hurt. So this off season, they're eating another 40 mill in a reduced cap year. And they dont sweat it.
You might, but that isnt the point that was made.
Yup, the Rams do things different than other teams, and until it backfires, they should not be doubted.
I agree the Rams do things differently. The way I would put it is that dead cap did not keep the Rams from moving on from players and contracts when they felt it was necessary.

I would not say the Rams don't sweat the dead cap space. It's a really big liability that limited their options this year to resign guys on the team or sign new free agents.

The dead cap space is the elephant in the living room for the 2021 roster. Naturally, the Rams don't admit this in public. But the elephant is still there. Fortunately it's lumbering on elsewhere next year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree the Rams do things differently. The way I would put it is that dead cap did not keep the Rams from moving on from players and contracts when they felt it was necessary.

I would not say the Rams don't sweat the dead cap space. It's a really big liability that limited their options this year to resign guys on the team or sign new free agents.

The dead cap space is the elephant in the living room for the 2021 roster. Naturally, the Rams don't admit this in public. But the elephant is still there. Fortunately it's lumbering on elsewhere next year.
Just the same as trading away all the 1st round picks.
It isnt an issue to them, until it is

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
End of season: we better address the oline.

Goff is traded: it was 100% the olines fault.

Draft day.: What??!!@ no olinemen!!??

Day after draft: no way to grade the draft until 2 years out.

Two days after draft: We drafted :insert players name here: replacement

3 days after draft: continuous talk trying to convince ourselves that our oline is awesome.
Time will certainly tell, and I’ll leave it at that

One thing is 100% certain, the absolute weakest link in our pass pro is gone

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I don't see it that way but we'll see.

Woods Kupp DJax
Higbee
Akers
These are the 11 personnel base starters IMO.

Jefferson & Henderson first guys in on rotation/matchup/situation. First TE off the bench? Idk.
I think they will limit DJax’s snaps to keep him fresh and healthy. He may line up to open games, in which case you are right, but I think Jefferson will see more playing time than DJax myself

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Time will certainly tell, and I’ll leave it at that

One thing is 100% certain, the absolute weakest link in our pass pro is gone
Yep, if they are correct, moving Corbett to C and Evans to OG might be the interior improvement they needed.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s a little-old-thing called sub packages
Got it! The only free agent signing on offense was DJax and our first pick in the draft was Tutu but McVay means he only wants speed in sub packages got it. It's part time speed he's talking about.