Rams draft picks pre-draft rating, overall and by position

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
This is per draft scout website. They seem to be pretty middle of the road, no wild claims from what I can tell, these rankings were from before the draft.

Austin 13th overall 1 WR

Ogletree 31st overall 4 OLB

Mcdonald 112th overall 6 S

Bailey 81st overall 10 WR

Jones 100th overall 3 C

McGee 164th overall 20 CB

Stacy 199th overall 17 RB

Overall seems a value draft in terms of landing guys about where they projected (at least accourding to this site).
I had stated before I didnt want the Rams to draft Barrett Jones. This had more to do with WHERE I saw him going in mocks to us. I saw both the #22 picka and a second rounder being used for Jones. Seeing where we got him I think it is a great value.

Austin; immediate upgrade to the WR and KR positions.

Ogletree; immediate upgrade to OLB and adds an exciting playermaker to an evolving D

McDonald; dont know much about him. Not as hyped as some of the other names but seems a solid prospect. The Rams may be looking for a S to just not give up big plays deep figuring the CB play reasons to be very good as does the pass rush.

Bailey; Super excited about this pick. The site I looked at the most had him rated as the #10 WR in this years draft. I think he may be better than that. A big upside. Good chance the Rams landed two of the top 7 or 8 WRs in this years draft and got a great value with Bailey.

Jones; Love this pick where they drafted him. In reality the Rams replaced Turner with a bigger, more physical, stronger, nastier, more versatile "Turner". For a team with quesitons about Oline depth, this was a great pick.

McGee; Know nothing of him.

Stacy; Again, know nothing of him, but, I did see where this was the first Vanderbilt RB drafted in the first seven rounds since 1981....kinda cool I guess. I think the Rams see him as a power back/short yardage guy. They have speed with Richardson and Pead. They have a young guy in Ganaway. Now they added a bowling ball.