Rams chat with Jim Thomas: 8/20/15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
It's kicked from the 23, making it the equivalent of a 33-yard field goal. It's interesting that some teams _ Raiders included _ are working on their 2-point conversion plays instead of kicking extra points.

I just watched the Packers drive down the field, score a TD and go for and get a two point conversion.

Just thinking out loud here, but if a team scores a TD and two point conversion on it's opening drive, doesn't that sort of force their opponent to go for two on their next early scoring drive?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
that was kinda fun....JT is straight forward....Top 5 defenses do NOT give up 100 ypg...on the damn ground....no way...

You are not giving context to the 100 ypg on the ground,stat...Complicated Williams defense started to click after the 8th game last year, because the team started to get it. It would be fait to look at games 9-16 ypg on the ground...Which I think that I will...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok...from me looking at stats from games 9-16, Rams opponents had 189 rushes for 675 yards gained. The Yards per carry was 3.57 per carry average....84.38 yards allowed per game. 4 TD's allowed on the ground..

Is 84.38 yardage allowed per carry, mean a Top 5 Defense?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Ok...from me looking at stats from games 9-16, Rams opponents had 189 rushes for 675 yards gained. The Yards per carry was 3.57 per carry average....84.38 yards allowed per game. 4 TD's allowed on the ground..

Is 84.38 yardage allowed per carry, mean a Top 5 Defense?

I always felt yards per carry was a better indicator than total yards. 3.57 is pretty good for a defense. If we're trailing in the 4th quarter we're likely to give up more rushing yards than if we're leading. Teams won't throw as much. They want to run time off the clock.

Its the same for teams who have leads most the time. The opposition doesn't have time to run so they throw more. Which obviously mean less rushing yards. Total yards can be misleading. What our defensive yards per carry for the first half of the season?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I always felt yards per carry was a better indicator than total yards. 3.57 is pretty good for a defense. If we're trailing in the 4th quarter we're likely to give up more rushing yards than if we're leading. Teams won't throw as much. They want to run time off the clock.

Its the same for teams who have leads most the time. The opposition doesn't have time to run so they throw more. Which obviously mean less rushing yards. Total yards can be misleading. What our defensive yards per carry for the first half of the season?
Not sure..I am consumed by homework right now for University, or I'd look!