Rams add Aaron Donald to the active roster and waive Jamil Demby

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Okay, I need some help understanding something.

Why, oh why, is a promising although semi-developmental young OL player like Demby cut and yet they keep Brandon Allen as the 3rd QB although he’s been sooooo underwhelming?

Again, I trust Kromer utterly on OL matters, but this smacks of McVay’s prioritizing. Is McVay THAT high on Allen? Here again, I trust McVay utterly. I’m just trying to understand, you know?

I’m still scratching my head here, tbh.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Okay, I need some help understanding something.

Why, oh why, is a promising although semi-developmental young OL player like Demby cut and yet they keep Brandon Allen as the 3rd QB although he’s been sooooo underwhelming?

Again, I trust Kromer utterly on OL matters, but this smacks of McVay’s prioritizing. Is McVay THAT high on Allen? Here again, I trust McVay utterly. I’m just trying to understand, you know?

I’m still scratching my head here, tbh.
I think it screams that McVay doesn't have a clear cut backup so he's hedging his bets a little on a position of need.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
43, Either that or Demby was not as ready as we all thought. Not really understanding going into first game with just 7 OL, 3 QB's and $ RB's, one of which cant play.

Hram

UDFA
It’s possible scaffolds proclivity for injury when playing outside was mitigated after the second shoulder injury.

Maybe he could take over at tackle for a number of games if needed.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
49ers going to be looking for o line help after this game

That’ll suck if he ends up there

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
49ers going to be looking for o line help after this game

That’ll suck if he ends up there

Doubt he would have been waived if the Rams felt he was ready or nearly ready to provide game day help

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Wasn't impressed by Demby in preseason. I think the Rams will probably sign Manuel on Tuesday and drop Allen.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
43, Either that or Demby was not as ready as we all thought. Not really understanding going into first game with just 7 OL, 3 QB's and $ RB's, one of which cant play.

To be fair I don't recall anyone here thinkin he was anywhere near ready Bubba. That Raider game was fugly when they tried him at RT, and he wasn't much better on the interior.

Rams must think another team will snap up QB Allen if they cut him. And conversely that Demby is safe to move to the PS.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To be fair I don't recall anyone here thinkin he was anywhere near ready Bubba. That Raider game was fugly when they tried him at RT, and he wasn't much better on the interior.

Rams must think another team will snap up QB Allen if they cut him. And conversely that Demby is safe to move to the PS.
Wut? ~ 49ers w/2 injured Olinemen

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wut? ~ 49ers w/2 injured Olinemen

Yeah I'm not any happier about Demby being cut than anyone else here tbh. I think 2 backup vet QBs is idiotic. Just my take. But whatevs, we'll see how things go.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Did Demby make it to the practice squad? I haven't seen any news on that. Or I missed it.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Yeah I'm not any happier about Demby being cut than anyone else here tbh. I think 2 backup vet QBs is idiotic. Just my take. But whatevs, we'll see how things go.

Carried 2 Backup QB’s all of last year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Carried 2 Backup QB’s all of last year.

We could cite examples of teams doin all sorts of things. I just don't agree with all of them. Not like it matters or anything to the Rams of course lol.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe Demby just wasnt good enough at the end of the day .. i know at times 6th rounders make the 53 some even make the starters list and have a long healthy career .... but i bet you right now up and the length and breadth of the good ols USA there are many 5th 6th and 7th round picks wondering what to do with the rest of the lives

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Kromer: "Jamil Demby, being a later-round draft pick, playing at a small school like Maine — he had the furthest to go. But what he shows you is more potential to be a multi-faceted player. Obviously, we play all these guys at a lot of positions in training camp and the offseason to try to find out what’s best for them, and try to get them ready for whatever’s needed. And that was a little bit tougher for him, because he’s been a left tackle his whole life — what he’s always done. And so, he’s got a lot of developing to go"

This is plenty of an explanation, he just didn't cut the mustard at the end of the day, he was too far down the pecking order, and too low down on the developmental ladder. It doesn't sound like they would have suited him up this year anyway.