Rams activate OG Brewer & CB Deayon & start Evans @ RT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's be honest here, Evans has been a disappointment so far being drafted in the 3rd round, that seemed from good stock at Oklahoma and played Right & Left Tackle for two Heisman Trophy QB's too. Now even his position coach Aaron Kromer has stated that Evans, has been working on the transition and that is not a glowing endorsement.

UDFA Chandler Brewer on the other hand, got tossed into the fire during preseason at RT and actually graded out well, albeit against the second & third team. So I believe they will start Evans and I'm rooting my Arse for him as we need the Oklahoma alum to produce sooner rather than later.
Whew! I got me another jersey to wear after that @den-the-coach comment! ~Bobby Evans
9TOqJNR.png

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I know this is blasphemy, but in the long run, having a year where they are forced to play these young OL, might not be a bad thing.

It gives them info they will need come draft time in regards how much draft capital or FA $$ that must be spent on the OL.

If they can find a couple of surprise starters or quality depth, that will allow them to maximize their limited picks & cap room this year. That will then allow them to bounce back sooner next year.

Well, at least that is my rational so I can sleep better at night.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Actually leaving for DFW tomorrow for ten glorious days of pure Texas Sunshine.
That may be true, but it doesn't get you out of November....or December, January, and February, March, April....."SONOFA..." ~ den

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I know this is blasphemy, but in the long run, having a year where they are forced to play these young OL, might not be a bad thing.

It gives them info they will need come draft time in regards how much draft capital or FA $$ that must be spent on the OL.

If they can find a couple of surprise starters or quality depth, that will allow them to maximize their limited picks & cap room this year. That will then allow them to bounce back sooner next year.

Well, at least that is my rational so I can sleep better at night.

I share your same thoughts. Even if we did stay healthy on the line all year, we still had big question marks at different spots. Both Guard positions were going to be vacated because Whitworth is gone after this year and Boom probably swings to LT or RT. And Blythe should be a backup or playing Center not guard. So that leaves a lot of needs going into next season. I have some faith we will find a couple of decent players out of last years draft (Edwards and Boom) But the rest of them can go. Maybe Havenstien is just having a bad year. Sometimes it happens. But we really need to kick the tires next year and make sure this is not an ongoing problem. Because people will get fired if it is.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
NateTrewynWisconsin-Whitewater60353135.38rSR
In 2018, Trewyn was named First Team All-American[3] and won the Rimington Award for the top center in Division III.

Yay! Just like Brett Romberg!!

God I hope not.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Maybe Havenstien is just having a bad year. Sometimes it happens. But we really need to kick the tires next year and make sure this is not an ongoing problem. Because people will get fired if it is.

I say next year try him inside at guard, then I think your set as long as Evans can come along.