New Ram Ramsey fully participates in Thursday’s practice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
that seems like a lot for Trent Williams... and I agree, trading Njoku..AND a 1st for a guy Trent's age isn't very smart..

That's why I'd trade for Scherff now. And yeah, if it required that, I'd give the 2nd. Unfortunately, I think the Trent Williams deal is gonna make it near impossible to get anything done for OL.

I did say that there's very little in FA next year. Scherff is probably hoping to play it out and stay healthy cuz if HE hits FA, he's gonna get paid a damned MINT.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Also, if even close to true, that's a stupid high amount for an LT that hasn't played a full year in 5 years...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
That's why I'd trade for Scherff now. And yeah, if it required that, I'd give the 2nd. Unfortunately, I think the Trent Williams deal is gonna make it near impossible to get anything done for OL.

I did say that there's very little in FA next year. Scherff is probably hoping to play it out and stay healthy cuz if HE hits FA, he's gonna get paid a damned MINT.

Unless someone is presently competing with us for Scherff, Snead might be smart to wait this out for at least the two weeks until the trade deadline. With likely only 10 games left of his career in Washington, his trade value drops each week. Washington might take a 4'th or 5'th round pick with only 8 games remaining, with no chance to re-sign him themselves. jmo.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Unless someone is presently competing with us for Scherff, Snead might be smart to wait this out for at least the two weeks until the trade deadline. With likely only 10 games left of his career in Washington, his trade value drops each week. Washington might take a 4'th or 5'th round pick with only 8 games remaining, with no chance to re-sign him themselves. jmo.

Two things...

1) they KNOW they are going to get a 3rd for him in 2021. So much less than that makes no sense as I think they're okay on picks. I could be wrong, but that franchise doesn't hinge on a 4th rounder in 2020.

2) Scherff is much more likely to deal with us once we've got him in the building. McVay has that magic. This 3 game skid doesn't change that. If we wait and a contender with cap openings in the future loses their starter at OG in a few weeks, we could lose out altogether. I mean if Heaven forbid SF loses a starter, they have the cap room to swipe him up easy.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is why I love to laugh at TST, there isn't a bigger collection of clowns anywhere including reddit which is saying a LOT.

View: https://twitter.com/TurfShowTimes/status/1184216481472667648

Stewart and McLeod have been ok but we haven't missed them with our safety group and none of those corners are any good right now plus they signed for way too much money. Plus we didn't let Peters walk we traded him clown we got something for him as well as comp picks for several of those.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
This is why I love to laugh at TST, there isn't a bigger collection of clowns anywhere including reddit which is saying a LOT.

Stewart and McLeod have been ok but we haven't missed them with our safety group and none of those corners are any good right now plus they signed for way too much money. Plus we didn't let Peters walk we traded him clown we got something for him as well as comp picks for several of those.

Yeah I don't miss any of the guys on that list, really.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Stewart and McLeod have been ok but we haven't missed them with our safety group and none of those corners are any good right now plus they signed for way too much money.

Total joke from TST...only it's not even funny. There's a reason why this is the only football site I visit.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Two things...

1) they KNOW they are going to get a 3rd for him in 2021. So much less than that makes no sense as I think they're okay on picks. I could be wrong, but that franchise doesn't hinge on a 4th rounder in 2020.

2) Scherff is much more likely to deal with us once we've got him in the building. McVay has that magic. This 3 game skid doesn't change that. If we wait and a contender with cap openings in the future loses their starter at OG in a few weeks, we could lose out altogether. I mean if Heaven forbid SF loses a starter, they have the cap room to swipe him up easy.

Good point on # 1, but I don't believe anyone is going to offer up a 2'nd for a guy who becomes a free agent after 10 games. We'll see him in free agency, probably not before. jmo.

Poppinfresh

Rookie
Oookay...you realize that Ramsey wasn't the only trade we made, right? We traded for a solid offensive lineman in Corbett. And we got rid of Peters, who was a major liability.

I'm also not sure that being condescending to a respected moderator is going to get you anywhere.

If Corbett was so valuable, he wouldn't have been dealt for so little. It's another patchwork piece.

As to your last sentence, I'll simply say that I don't consider the social currency of strangers to have particular value to me. I'm not trying to "get" anywhere. If someone likes my snark or doesn't, makes no difference to me. And snark was warranted in that instance, because it shouldn't have been that difficult to see the point I was making. We're going very top-heavy and then will be trying to fill the rest of the team with warm bodies. Very rarely does that work out. More often than not, it looks like the Redskins.

Memento

Name
Jemma
If Corbett was so valuable, he wouldn't have been dealt for so little. It's another patchwork piece.

As to your last sentence, I'll simply say that I don't consider the social currency of strangers to have particular value to me. I'm not trying to "get" anywhere. If someone likes my snark or doesn't, makes no difference to me. And snark was warranted in that instance, because it shouldn't have been that difficult to see the point I was making. We're going very top-heavy and then will be trying to fill the rest of the team with warm bodies. Very rarely does that work out. More often than not, it looks like the Redskins.

Plenty of good players have been dealt for nothing. Aqib Talib was dealt to us for a fifth round pick. Danny Amendola was plucked off a practice squad for nothing.

And I mean "getting somewhere" by not insulting a mod or, failing that, being respectful to another human being. Just because it's the internet doesn't mean that politeness should be shafted to the side. And honestly, I've seen mods who are less chill than the ones here. You'd get banned faster than you can say "snark", were it up to them.

As to what you're getting at, it doesn't mean that it won't work out. It just means that we have to be smart about the salary cap, free agency, and the draft. I trust this front office to do this.

jap

Legend
SonOfBum: "Jalen? Meet Mr. David 'Long Island' Long. Besides being our shutdown CB, your job is also to train this young fellow to be just like you. He is going to be your constant Shadow for the next few years."

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This team is losing their minds.

What a ridiculous trade. All that draft capital for ANOTHER massive cap hit, and an ego of equal proportions. Great...

Our offense has real issues. How long before Ramsey starts calling Goff out?

Memento

Name
Jemma
This team is losing their minds.

What a ridiculous trade. All that draft capital for ANOTHER massive cap hit, and an ego of equal proportions. Great...

Our offense has real issues. How long before Ramsey starts calling Goff out?

All that draft capital and cap hit for the best corner in the game, you mean?

I want to ask people a question: would they have rejected Neon Deion if he was traded to us? He was an elite corner with a similar issue to Ramsey in that they both want(ed) money.

Now, Ramsey and Sanders play differently: Sanders was able to return and had better ball skills, while Ramsey is bigger and more physical. But the confidence that they're the best? The coverage skills? Very similar. Ramsey even idolizes Deion and picks his brain for advice.

Our offense is going to get fixed, but with Talib on IR and Peters being Peters (and later traded), we needed a cornerback. And they got the best. I don't see the problem, especially with Wade, who kept Peters under control, who has related to damn near every defensive player he's coached.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Good point on # 1, but I don't believe anyone is going to offer up a 2'nd for a guy who becomes a free agent after 10 games. We'll see him in free agency, probably not before. jmo.

The point would be to immediately extend him. We'd be allowed to talk to his agent prior to the trade, so we'd know if he would be willing to extend with us. If not, no trade. Pretty simple.

This is why I'm not REMOTELY worried about Ramsey. He's going to pass a physical and then be extended. Might take a few games to iron out all the wrinkles, but for 2 1st round picks, you KNOW they already have a framework in place and an agreement in principle or the Rams wouldn't have done it.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
We are so lucky to have a front office that sees what the Rams need and then goes for it and makes it happen. I for one am very excited to see how this season plays out and I would not have said that before yesterday. Go Rams, I'll be at the game in Atlanta Sunday thanks to my wonderful daughter.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Historically, trading away serious capital for a top-tier defensive back has not paid off. As a matter of fact, the only one that comes to mind as one that did work out was Champ Bailey. Most of these trades (Revis, Peters, et al) fare poorly.
Who are the others?

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
We are so lucky to have a front office that sees what the Rams need and then goes for it and makes it happen. I for one am very excited to see how this season plays out and I would not have said that before yesterday. Go Rams, I'll be at the game in Atlanta Sunday thanks to my wonderful daughter.

I did tell you to have faith, didn't I???

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Who are the others?

Actually, Revis bounced around like Cooks did because teams didn't want to keep paying, but he was playing well... no one was gonna look good on that Tampa D when he was there, but even to the end /w the Jets, iirc, he was more than solid.

Point is that we're getting Ramsey pre-peak. If he plays as he's capable of playing, I think he'll make the pro bowl every full year he's here. Depending on how many snaps he gets, he may make it this year...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I imagine this will be the same concept as when Jenkins was our corner. Have Ramsey man up on their primary receiver while you run zone or man with the defense and roll coverage to the other side when you have to.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've mentioned this before... but my local (Orlando) morning sports talk radio show is now broadcasted up to Jax. Because of that... there were some jag fans calling in this morning about the trade from up in Jax. Normally... there is very little in the way of participation from Jax residents.

Anyway... they are PISSED. All of them. Their main point was that you don't come across players like Ramsey very often. HOF level talent rarely finds it's way onto any team. When it does though... you have to do whatever it takes to keep it. You just cannot afford to let it go because the chances of HOF talent coming back onto your team is always slim-to-none (no matter how many draft picks you collect). I agree with that completely. Being an Orlando Magic fan has taught us O-Town peeps that lesson the hard way. Those HOF level talent guys WILL go on and get their rings in most cases... and your team is left with slim hopes and a lot of misery.

They are disgusted with their owner and their front office (Coughlin). There is a dark cloud hanging over that franchise's fanbase right now. Very dark.