Rams “absolutely” want C.J. Anderson back in 2019

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ms-absolutely-want-c-j-anderson-back-in-2019/

Posted by Josh Alper on February 3, 2019

The Rams have a pretty big game to play on Sunday before their attention will turn toward 2019, but one of their hopes once they get to that point reportedly concerns running back C.J. Anderson.

Anderson joined the team for the final two games of the regular season and ran well while Todd Gurleywas out with a knee injury. Anderson has remained a part of the offense in the playoffs as Gurley has played less than he did before the knee injury and Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports the team “absolutely” wants the veteran back in 2019.

Given how well Anderson has done in the offense and Gurley’s history of knee issues that predates his December injury, it’s easy to understand why the Rams would feel that way.

It would also be easy to see a team offering Anderson a bigger role and/or salary than the Rams would be willing to offer a complementary player. Malcolm Brown, who was the No. 2 behind Gurley before breaking his collarbone in December, is set to be a restricted free agent so the Rams will have the ability to hold onto his rights regardless of how things play out with Anderson.

View: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1092084069482053632

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I'd love to see CJ early in the game to pull LB's closer to the LOS and run some early Play Action for chunk plays. Then get him going in the running game and soften things up for Todd in the 2nd qtr and beyond.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
CJ seems to be at a bad age for a large contract....Isn’t he close to the 30yr old brick wall?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He's 28. So, technically he should be in his prime.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ms-absolutely-want-c-j-anderson-back-in-2019/

Posted by Josh Alper on February 3, 2019

The Rams have a pretty big game to play on Sunday before their attention will turn toward 2019, but one of their hopes once they get to that point reportedly concerns running back C.J. Anderson.

Anderson joined the team for the final two games of the regular season and ran well while Todd Gurleywas out with a knee injury. Anderson has remained a part of the offense in the playoffs as Gurley has played less than he did before the knee injury and Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports the team “absolutely” wants the veteran back in 2019.

Given how well Anderson has done in the offense and Gurley’s history of knee issues that predates his December injury, it’s easy to understand why the Rams would feel that way.

It would also be easy to see a team offering Anderson a bigger role and/or salary than the Rams would be willing to offer a complementary player. Malcolm Brown, who was the No. 2 behind Gurley before breaking his collarbone in December, is set to be a restricted free agent so the Rams will have the ability to hold onto his rights regardless of how things play out with Anderson.

View: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1092084069482053632

Good! But, I also like to see the Rams bring back Suh, Saffold, Fowler and Littleton! I know - Probably won’t happen - But, I can dream!!!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm sticking to my thing. I feel like any comment on FA before the Super Bowl is jinxy.

Tomorrow, I got things to add.

Today is all about TODAY!!! and hoisting that Lombardi!!!

For DAVE!!! For Thor!!! For RAMSNATION!!!!!!!!!!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I think we all do but he may be playing himself into a starting job contract.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If there was ever a perfect fit for CJ to continue his NFL career (that sure had the appearance back in November that he was done ) it's right here with Rams OC Kromer's "Classis Outside Zone Running Scheme". CJ has been a workhorse with excellent dividends being paid to the Rams.

Rams invested seriously heavy in Gurley who just signed a 4 year, $57.5 million contract to pay him about $14.5 million a year. TGII will enter his 5th season here shortly & has a ton of mileage on those tires since HS/College & NFL Despite all the claims that TGII is 100 % healthy I believe different. Having CJ here early next season along with Malcolm Brown would be great insurance just in case I am right.

When you review the non starting OL'ers that Kromer has collected through WWC line with him currently to try & groom...I do not see him moving away from OZRS. There was a major reason that WWC 6-2/299 Blythe beat out Massive 6-4/340 lb Jamon Brown.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, but that doesn't matter if you're a cast iron battering Ram :p
I only said what I said, because I think it might be easier to sign him to a friendly deal!

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I only said what I said, because I think it might be easier to sign him to a friendly deal!
I think that getting Saffold, Flowers and CJ is very doable. The one thing with CJ is if he wants to be the #1 back. If that's the case he won't be here.I got a feeling though that he likes this Rams team and he will sign with us.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Sounds like CJ believes it was just unfortunate circumstances that led to him being on the street and someone would’ve called before next season. So yeah, I expect him to take the best deal that comes along. And he already has a ring so it’s not like the rams fulfilled a lifelong dream, if this works out the Rams get a trophy and he gets a nice contract, probably not from the rams.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
in-other-news-92b9yk.jpg

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
CJ is clearly a great fit for our O. Hope he wants to stay, but he might want to start somewhere.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
If there was ever a perfect fit for CJ to continue his NFL career (that sure had the appearance back in November that he was done ) it's right here with Rams OC Kromer's "Classis Outside Zone Running Scheme". CJ has been a workhorse with excellent dividends being paid to the Rams.

Rams invested seriously heavy in Gurley who just signed a 4 year, $57.5 million contract to pay him about $14.5 million a year. TGII will enter his 5th season here shortly & has a ton of mileage on those tires since HS/College & NFL Despite all the claims that TGII is 100 % healthy I believe different. Having CJ here early next season along with Malcolm Brown would be great insurance just in case I am right.

When you review the non starting OL'ers that Kromer has collected through WWC line with him currently to try & groom...I do not see him moving away from OZRS. There was a major reason that WWC 6-2/299 Blythe beat out Massive 6-4/340 lb Jamon Brown.
Ok. I give up. What the fuck is "WWC"? I can't take it anymore.