Rams 53-man roster predictions: Preseason week two edition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Take your pick: Brian Quick or Nelson Spruce?

• Total voters

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Rams 53-man roster predictions: Preseason week two edition
227364_020717bf6bb7473b9b27616f0ed5d90f~mv2.jpg

http://www.downtownrams.com/single-...roster-predictions-Preseason-week-two-edition

August 18, 2016 | By: Jake Ellenbogen

The Rams made it through week one of the preseason and now they will play their last game in L.A. until week two of the regular season against the Seattle Seahawks. After this game it will be time to cut the roster down to 75. Here is the updated regular season week one roster prediction as of preseason week two.

1.QB1: Jared Goff

2.QB2: Case Keenum

3.QB3: Sean Mannion

4.RB1: Todd Gurley

5.RB2: Benny Cunningham

6.RB3: Malcolm Brown

7.RB4: Chase Reynolds

8.WR1: Kenny Britt

9.WR2: Tavon Austin

10.WR3: Pharoh Cooper

11.WR4: Bradley Marquez

12.WR5: Nelson Spruce

13.WR6: Duke Williams

14.TE1: Lance Kendricks

15.TE2: Tyler Higbee

16.TE3: Cory Harkey

17.TE4: Temarrick Hemingway

18.LT1: Greg Robinson

19.LT2: Darrell Williams

20.LG1: Rodger Saffold

21.LG2: Garrett Reynolds

22.C1: Tim Barnes

23.C2: Eric Kush

24.RG1: Jamon Brown

25.RG2: Cody Wichmann

26.RT: Rob Havenstein

27.DE1: Robert Quinn

28.DE2: William Hayes

29.DE3: Eugene Sims

30.DE4: Quinton Coples

31.DE5: Ethan Westbrooks

32.DE6: Matt Longacre

33.DT1: Aaron Donald

34.DT2: Michael Brockers

35.DT3: Dominique Easley

36.MLB: Alec Ogletree

37.OLB1: Mark Barron

38.OLB2: Akeem Ayers

39.OLB3: Cameron Lynch

40.OLB4: Bryce Hager

41.CB1: Trumaine Johnson

42.CB2: LaMarcus Joyner

43.CB3: E.J. Gaines

44.CB4: Coty Sensabaugh

45.CB5: Marcus Roberson

46.CB6: Mike Jordan

47.FS1: Mo Alexander

48.FS2: Cody Davis

49.FS3: Christian Bryant

50.SS1: T.J. McDonald

51.K: Greg Zuerlein

52.P: Johnny Hekker

53.LS: Jake McQuaide

Notable roster cuts:

Aaron Green, Running back - This is only going to get tougher as the preseason moves along. Green has already looked like a back worth keeping.

Brian Quick, Wide receiver - Still don't see him making the roster. The emergence of guys like Nelson Spruce and hopefully Duke Williams will be too much for Quick to overcome.

Mike Thomas, Wide receiver - Thomas had a couple of drops week one or the preseason and as of right now Nelson Spruce poured on some pressure for the 6th round pick out of Southern Miss. We will see if Thomas can bounce back, if not he could be looking at practice squad stint at best.

Read more...

TexasRam

Legend
I take Fox over Coples. You need a backup run stopper if Brockers gets hurt.

I'd carry Seau over one of the other spots. Especially if he has another monster game vs Denver.

I take Littleton over Lynch by a landslide.

I take Troy Hill over Sensabaugh.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

I'd carry Seau over one of the other spots. Especially if he has another monster game vs Denver.

THIS!

Although I'd rather see Case at QB1 until Goff can dethrone him and consistently.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Real risk in losing Donnal, Seau & Aaron Green trying to sneak them on the practice squad. Mike Thomas probably makes it.

JMO, but with Easley & Coples now on board, and Longacre/Westbrook's return, I'd consider keeping the youngster Seau over 'grandpa' Sims.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Having to choose between Longacre, Seau, and Westbrooks, what a wonderful problem to have. Hope this will apply with our crop of receivers in the near future.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Agree with Seau & Littleton, not sure about Fox. Has Fox been looking better than Cam Thomas, I just can't speak of Fox as I haven't seen enough of him ? Does Fox carry the weight/ability to be a consistent rotational run blocker behind Brock ?

Last edited:

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Seau over Simms all day long
Littleton over lynch
Troy hill over sensabaugh
Green over Chase
And my surprise is Quick over duke or marquez

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler

What? Fox is listed at 6'4 259 that's not a run stopper. Coples is transitioning to DT and is 6'6 290. Rams haven't had a backup NT in years I don't think they are too concerned about having a backup there.

I don't think Duke makes it. He is probably the easiest WR to slip onto the practice squad because of his checkered past and he has consistently run behind Thomas this Off season.

Despite his poor preseason performance the coaches seem to really like Thomas because he and Quick have consistently been the outside WRs with the second unit, combine that with draft pedigree, so I think he makes it.

What's with all the Lynch hate? He isn't getting cut he is one of our better special teamers and started last game with Barron out. I don't see any UDFA beating him out.

Due to cap ramifications, Sensabaugh isn't getting cut this year, however he is near the top of chopping block next year.

Seau has played well, but not better than Longacre. IMO At most the rams keep 5 DEs and the backups Westbrooks and especially Simms behind the starters are in pretty good shape.

fearsomefour

Legend
I am keeping Quick.
Letting Coples go,
Not starting Brown or Goff,
Quinn, Hayes, Longacre, Seau are my DEs
Donald, Brockers, Easely, Thomas are my DTs with Westbrook as a guy who can fill either roll

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
ster game vs Denver.

Littleton yes, but they won't cut Sensabaugh, keep Hill and move Mike Jordan to PS.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Real risk in losing Donnal, Seau & Aaron Green trying to sneak them on the practice squad. Mike Thomas probably makes it.

JMO, but with Easley & Coples now on board, and Longacre/Westbrook's return, I'd consider keeping the youngster Seau over 'grandpa' Sims.
Thats OK, Imma be a Tight End anyway!
~Simms

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Just nitpicking but under Andrew Donnal author says that he leaves because Battle isn't going anywhere, which is just after he talks about why Battle would be cut in the full article. I'm sure that is a holdover from last week though.

- I like that he kept Chase Reynolds.
- I don't think Duke has shown enough to justify a spot for him at this point (I'm rooting for him though).
- Interesting that he has Joyner as CB2
- Hill over Mike Jordan for me.

Other than that I agree mostly. Great read

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am keeping Quick.
Letting Coples go,
Not starting Brown or Goff,
Quinn, Hayes, Longacre, Seau are my DEs
Donald, Brockers, Easely, Thomas are my DTs with Westbrook as a guy who can fill either roll
I am totally with you with one exception....on Quick.(y) Your right on target with this proposed DL.

I wonder if Seau could play LB like his uncle.
I would think he could play OSLB'er post for both the 9ers & the Tards in their 34 defense.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I wonder if Seau could play LB like his uncle.

While he mostly played DE at Nevada, he did play some LB. In fact, he was expected to be a day 3 draftee as a 3-4 pass rushing LB. I like him where he is, and unless he's practiced some at LB with the Rams, it's probably too late to be considered for a LB spot. jmo.

fearsomefour

Legend
I am totally with you with one exception....on Quick.(y) Your right on target with this proposed DL.

I would think he could play OSLB'er post for both the 9ers & the Tards in their 34 defense.
I get it with Quick.
Britt, Austin and Cooper are pretty clearly the top three guys.
Our WR corp has been so thin everyone is giving Spruce a roster spot based on one good half.
With those four and the difficulty of learning the WR spot....another rookie to go with Cooper and Spruce? Not thanks. Marquez was a ST whiz and maybe that sixth WR spot is designated to that guy for that reason.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Im going with 26 on O, 24 on D.
Adding Donnal to the OL, giving them 10. Think Kush could be in trouble due to his poor snaps at times. Maybe Rams pick up another C after final cuts.
Subtracting Williams or Spruce from WR, carrying 5. Spuce needs to prove he is healthy or its Williams.
Agree on RB TE QB.
Agree on DL
Adding a 6th LB and subtracting Bryant.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just nitpicking but under Andrew Donnal author says that he leaves because Battle isn't going anywhere, which is just after he talks about why Battle would be cut in the full article. I'm sure that is a holdover from last week though.

- I like that he kept Chase Reynolds.
- I don't think Duke has shown enough to justify a spot for him at this point (I'm rooting for him though).
- Interesting that he has Joyner as CB2
- Hill over Mike Jordan for me.

Other than that I agree mostly. Great read
this is indeed last week's I am behind in sharing these to my loyal readers here so as of now I am working on a week 3 preseason 53-man now