CAMP REPORT RamBalls Aug 1 camp report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
It was good to get down here and talk Rams football and life with @VeteranRamFan and @bubbaramfan.

My biggest take away from today is the Defense. Ramsey wasn't out there but they still looked very good. Now the grain of salt, Wolford got the 1st team reps, I'm confident Stafford will make the O better than Wolford did today. IMO the Rams should start looking a bit more seriously into QB2. Wolford isn't terrible, but I think an upgrade can be found.

Cam Akers looks like he isn't thinking about his achilles. Nifty feet in traffic, a crack is enough for him to get at least 3 or 4 yards.

Atwell had a good practice, made some nice catches and caught some punts. Need to see him return punts in game action to determine if he can beat out Powell on PR.

T Lewis looked good and appeared confident in his knee, no brace. He is a 3 down OLB, he can drop into coverage and break a TEs ribs. He can rush the passer and he can hold the edge and force the run out of bounds or cutback into BWags.

As soon as I started looking for BWags, he showed up. Making several plays in the backfield and a pick six with AD clearing him a path to the endzone. He is going to take this D to the next level!

Jacob Harris is a big dude, a redzone weapon at the least. Harris and Benny Sko need to maximize their opportunities while Van is not out there.

The team spent a lot of time doing 11 on 11. Probably over an hr and a half.

Kupp made some nice catches as expected and had 1 drop that I saw. Didn't focus much on Kupp since Stafford wasn't in on team drills.

ARob1 is possibly the biggest FA steal of this off-season. The Rams got him cheap for what he adds to the O.

Rochelle looked good when I watched him.

I'm sure @bubbaramfan will cover the OL in his report. My only input about the OL is that as the Rams have done since McVay was hired, lots of moving guys around in different positions and combinations.

This team gets it! The players protect each other but still get some good contact, usually ending with the players still on their feet, not on the ground.

The TC setup has evolved over the last 7 camps. Loved the seating for ADA.

Hope the spacing made this easier to read as it seems a bit long on my phone.

sloramfan

Starter
ya i liked the double space,,,easy read...

and lots of info... good report...

thanks..a bunch...

go rams

slo

dang

Legend
I generally don’t count on rookies to contribute much their first year but I honestly feel the Rams got 2 very good CBS and an OG that may contribute significantly this year. Add Rochelle, a healthy TLewis, a healthy Tutu, even better EJII, a woken Blanton/Hopkins duo and a ready for prime time Noteboom - and this will be quite a year for the young guns.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I generally don’t count on rookies to contribute much their first year but I honestly feel the Rams got 2 very good CBS and an OG that may contribute significantly this year. Add Rochelle, a healthy TLewis, a healthy Tutu, even better EJII, a woken Blanton/Hopkins duo and a ready for prime time Noteboom - and this will be quite a year for the young guns.
If all that happens.. that’s a will be a HELL of a team.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Great report and thanks. :thumbsup1:

Re: wideout I am starting to think Harris is odd man out. It's sad, given his upside. But if McVay goes and gets Odell you gotta keep the guy who gives us returns over him. Long way to go and all that of course. Just a real uphill battle ahead for him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not this year. My time off for knee replacement burned a lot of PTO so I had to cut my trip short. But I plan to get back down there next yr.
Bummer about the knee. Hope it went well. My wife just had triple fusion surgery on her back. I'm looking to stay away from hospitals for a long time.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bummer about the knee. Hope it went well. My wife just had triple fusion surgery on her back. I'm looking to stay away from hospitals for a long time.
The knee is doing great. I can't believe how little pain I have now. But I will wait as long as I can before doing my left knee.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah. My sister decided to hold off on the second knee. She said that since her new knee has pretty much healed, the other knee also isn't bothering her as much. Hope you have that same experience.