Ram notes: Quick remains patient, supportive of teammates/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Ram notes: Quick remains patient, supportive of teammates
• By Joe Lyons

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_65b73121-e238-5baa-9744-4a546dff73f2.html

It may have caught some by surprise, but Rams receiver Brian Quick knew he would not be on the active roster for Sunday’s game against the Seahawks.

“We talked about it previously, before the season; I knew what was happening,” the fourth-year pro said following practice and a lengthy post-practice session with the JUGS pass-catching machine Tuesday at Rams Park. “It’s not my call. I want to be out there, but I also want to do what’s best for the team. All I can do is continue to work and make sure that I’m ready when they decide to call my number.’’

In the midst of a breakout season that saw him post career-best numbers in receptions (25), receiving yards (375) and touchdowns (three), the 6-foot-3, 218-pound Quick suffered a severe shoulder injury Oct. 26 at Kansas City and finished the 2014 season on injured reserve.

Following a long and challenging rehab process, Quick has progressed slowly but surely through training camp and the preseason. In 30 offensive plays during the preseason, he did not have a pass thrown his way.

Coach Jeff Fisher said the decision was a numbers issue.

“We had to get to 46 players,’’ said Fisher, who needed more special-teams depth with linebacker Daren Bates (knee) unavailable. “He’s just going to have to be patient. He’s coming. He’s missed a lot of time. He’s coming.’’

Practice squad changes

The Rams made a pair of practice-squad moves Tuesday, signing cornerbacks Brandon McGee and Melvin White and releasing safety Jacob Hagen and cornerback Trovon Reed.McGee, a fifth-round draft pick by the Rams in 2013, was among the final cuts this year after missing all but one day of training camp with a foot injury. He played in 15 games as a rookie, chipping in with 10 tackles and six more on special teams. In 2014, he appeared in just two games before being placed on injured reserve with a foot injury.White, 25, was signed by Carolina as an undrafted free agent in 2013. He played in 30 games, making 17 starts, over the past two seasons before being cut recently. The 6-foot-1, 205-pound White recorded 83 tackles, defended 11 passes and had three interceptions in his time with the Panthers.

Night of wishes

On Monday, linebacker James Laurinaitis hosted the team’s annual Make-A-Wish Night of Wishes. During the program, Laurinaitis let a child in attendance know that his wish to go to the Bahamas and swim with the dolphins is being granted.The Rams surpassed their goal of raising $250,000 on Monday. They have raised more than $2 million and helped grant 400 wishes through the event. Monday’s efforts will help fund wishes for more than 50 children battling life-threatening illness through Make-A-Wish Missouri.“When I was at Ohio State, coach (Jim) Tressel would always send a group of juniors and seniors to James Cancer Hospital and another group to Children’s Hospital and it really helped to keep things in perspective for me,’’ Laurinaitis said. “During that time, I met a few Make-A-Wish kids, including a couple whose wish was to meet an Ohio State football player. And Coach had a few of them out to practice, too.

“It just seemed like a great program to get involved with. To see these kids, dealing with life-threatening illnesses, it’s pretty inspiring.’’

Laurinaitis said this was his sixth year as the event’s host.

“Marc Bulger was in charge my rookie year, but I was involved, too,’’ he recalled. “When Marc retired and they asked me to take over, I was more than happy to. I figured that if I could help get the bigger-name guys on the team involved, too, it’d help us raise that much more money for a great cause. The guys on this team, we have have a lot of high-character guys here, and you really see that during an event like last night’s.’’

Ram-blings

Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald, who finished Sunday’s overtime win over Seattle with two sacks and a career-high 13 tackles, is one of the nominees as the Castrol EDGE Clutch Performer of the Week.Fans can vote at http://www.nfl.com/castrol-edge through Friday at 2 p.m.The Redskins placed starting strong safety Duke Ihenacho on injured reserve with a dislocated left wrist. To fill the roster spot, Washington signed veteran cornerback Will Blackmon, a ninth-year pro who spent the last two seasons with the Jacksonville Jaguars. Washington also cut fullback Ray Agnew (De Smet, SIU Carbondale) from its practice squad.

In another practice squad move, former Ram Gerald Rivers was cut by the Giants. A defensive end from Ole Miss, Rivers spent most of 2013 with the Rams, playing in one game. Since then, he’s spent time with Jacksonville, Miami and Denver.

• Former Ram Austin Pettis was among a group of veteran wide receivers working out for the Cowboys on Tuesday. The team eventually made a trade with Oakland for Brice Butler.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Can't wait to get Quick back to see if he can pick up where he left off.It will take time but man what a weapon he can be in our offense with Britt and Cook.We have a nice stable of receivers so I would like to see if Quick will be star before we start losing other Wr.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
It'll be interesting to see who Foles targets as his go-to guy. Love what I saw from Quick last year, but I've always loved Stedman, I think if given the Targets, he's a 1,000+ 6TD WR in this league.

Either way, if Quick continues to develop, we have some very nice weapons.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Let me be clear about fundraising for charities, it's the guys like us, Rams on Demand people, that carry the load for people in need, God bless you all for what you do and what you did for LLS and to the Rams organization for helping us do it.

I live my life, god blessed, I am often going to charities and helping them. We donate our time, treasure, and sweat. My family feeds and houses people and we are not rich by any means.

Fat cat charities are a joke. You raised $250,000 from a group worth 50 billion and you want accolades along with the vacations and yachts you bid on? Please Trumps, get real.

I went to a charity auction and the sponsor and top bidder of a two week Florida Keys vacation for $12,000 owed me $750 as a former unpaid employee and sent his lawyer after me for daring to ask for it (who I told to go fuck himself). Arnold Donald, former executive at Monsanto, former owner of the formula for Nutrasweet. When he realised I was there at a $5,000 table he sent half his crew, all pussies, to ensure I was not there to make a scene. I told his crew I was there out of the goodness of my heart and not to go after a Multi-millionaire who sucked up the glory and vacations for face time with the cameras, but we could go brawl if they wanted because I wasn't alone. I think my 5'2" wife could have taken them. Dude acted like he was the one giving when it was just his name on our money. He clowned it up and took all the glory and gave next to nothing.

When you see a company like Walmart say they gave such and such amount, it is almost always money they got from us and not from their massive profits. We have McDonald houses here supporting some of the best children's hospitals in the world, and, while they suck up the awards and recognition, they are paid for by our donations. My family STILL goes to their fund raisers because they do a great service, but you can bet your ass our name is nowhere in their acceptance speeches or tax deductions. I paid $100 a ticket for a Rams preseason game that was selling online for $2. It went to needy families so, hell yeah, but then it's McDonalds saying THEY gave the funds.

There are people like Aeneas Williams and Kurt Warner that are so freaking real and giving, that will sit for an hour and chat with a sick fan, they STILL come to the children's hospitals and spend time and have fun rooms they pay for and there are the rich that just want accolades, a big gift for their participation, and couldn't care less. Or maybe they care some, but not more than their money?

When my daughter was in the hospital with pneumonia, she met Kurt Warner and had no idea who he was and was STILL so impressed by him she knew his name and was excited to tell us he came. That's amazing.

Rant Over.

I love charity and get more from it than I could ever give, I hope you all do the same because you will never regret it. No matter who you are on the ladder, your time is worth more than your money, and that time will be as good as any you've ever experienced. The best experience I've ever had was convincing a severely mentally handicapped women, who would speak to no one, onto a three wheeled, two seat bike, for a ride. Her laughter is a part of my life now. Every time she passed her nurse, and laughed in joy, her nurse cried.

Have you ever seen The Life of Gump? It was a transvestite just like that one, a former football player, that convinced me to try. You know what she was paid for being there every day and teaching people like me to experience this joy? Nothing.

When you go give of yourself, you might come out exhausted, but you will come out a better person and amazed at what they taught you about life and how hard it can really be. And they can be funny mother fuckers!

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Well, that was random.

Edit- whoops, i missed that section of the article. Carry on.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Here's the thing this year: there are so many good receivers now--who sits?

Marquez is a special teams guy who makes an impact and Reynolds is out. You need him there. And by him being there you have an extra receiver on gameday if something happens to the guys in front of him. But what about the guys in front of him? Austin, Bailey, Britt, Givens. I would have to think that Tavon is always going to be activated. I would guess that Britt is another guy always there. So that leaves you sort of rotating Bailey, Givens and Quick. And really---you don't want to do too much of that because Foles must develop a chemistry with these guys.

I really think that Bailey is going to be there. I think it's more a case of Givens vs. Quick. Givens showed some chemistry with Nick in pre-season and Quick really hasn't had that chance. But once he does--he's a big target and if he picks up where he left off last year and things click with Foles it's going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

It's a nice problem to have. I'm not used to it.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The team eventually made a trade with Oakland for Brice Butler.
I've always said this guy can play....Dallas has found one, and saved him from the Raiders roster.
Ram notes: Quick remains patient, supportive of teammates
• By Joe Lyons

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_65b73121-e238-5baa-9744-4a546dff73f2.html

It may have caught some by surprise, but Rams receiver Brian Quick knew he would not be on the active roster for Sunday’s game against the Seahawks.

“We talked about it previously, before the season; I knew what was happening,” the fourth-year pro said following practice and a lengthy post-practice session with the JUGS pass-catching machine Tuesday at Rams Park. “It’s not my call. I want to be out there, but I also want to do what’s best for the team. All I can do is continue to work and make sure that I’m ready when they decide to call my number.’’

In the midst of a breakout season that saw him post career-best numbers in receptions (25), receiving yards (375) and touchdowns (three), the 6-foot-3, 218-pound Quick suffered a severe shoulder injury Oct. 26 at Kansas City and finished the 2014 season on injured reserve.

Following a long and challenging rehab process, Quick has progressed slowly but surely through training camp and the preseason. In 30 offensive plays during the preseason, he did not have a pass thrown his way.

Coach Jeff Fisher said the decision was a numbers issue.

“We had to get to 46 players,’’ said Fisher, who needed more special-teams depth with linebacker Daren Bates (knee) unavailable. “He’s just going to have to be patient. He’s coming. He’s missed a lot of time. He’s coming.’
Can't wait to get Quick back to see if he can pick up where he left off.It will take time but man what a weapon he can be in our offense with Britt and Cook.

But what about the guys in front of him? Austin, Bailey, Britt, Givens. I would have to think that Tavon is always going to be activated. I would guess that Britt is another guy always there. So that leaves you sort of rotating Bailey, Givens and Quick. And really---you don't want to do too much of that because Foles must develop a chemistry with these guys.
Brian Quick is Still our best wr....After Cook...IMO....He's an asset every game he's on the field. He draws the tough db's and allows the other receivers to work against the #2 or #3 db's...If healthy, he needs to be on the field....
I hate pointing fingers...But we clearly have 3 QUALITY wrs...and for some reason, people wanna put some of them on the bench for potential..

lockdnram21

Legend
Here's the thing this year: there are so many good receivers now--who sits?

Marquez is a special teams guy who makes an impact and Reynolds is out. You need him there. And by him being there you have an extra receiver on gameday if something happens to the guys in front of him. But what about the guys in front of him? Austin, Bailey, Britt, Givens. I would have to think that Tavon is always going to be activated. I would guess that Britt is another guy always there. So that leaves you sort of rotating Bailey, Givens and Quick. And really---you don't want to do too much of that because Foles must develop a chemistry with these guys.

I really think that Bailey is going to be there. I think it's more a case of Givens vs. Quick. Givens showed some chemistry with Nick in pre-season and Quick really hasn't had that chance. But once he does--he's a big target and if he picks up where he left off last year and things click with Foles it's going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

It's a nice problem to have. I'm not used to it.
Britt or Givens should be sitting. U can't sit the best receiver we have.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Britt or Givens should be sitting. U can't sit the best receiver we have.

I think it's really a question of getting Quick time with Nick. I think that may be playing a part right now. Once they establish some timing together and IF Quick is truly healthy--I'm sure he'll be back out there. It's a good problem to have. I remember the drought years at WR. I think that's over.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My hope is Quick can be eased back in starting this week, so he's good to go against the Steelers in week #3!

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
he obviously isn't ready. you think they're gonna make a beast sit if he could contribute?

Exactly, and based upon lengthy his injury recovery and recent comments by Fisher, I doubt we will see him back to "break-out" form until mid season, even if he returns this week. I think he was indeed becoming our best WR when he went down. Hopefully, he'll regain that form again, but it won't happen tomorrow.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think it's really a question of getting Quick time with Nick. I think that may be playing a part right now. Once they establish some timing together and IF Quick is truly healthy--I'm sure he'll be back out there. It's a good problem to have. I remember the drought years at WR. I think that's over
Now this is an exaggeration, okay....But imagine, say we had Julio Jones, and he was coming off an injury...and was deemed healthy enough to play, do you sit him out a week to establish timing instead of playing him with Foles?

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Now this is an exaggeration, okay....But imagine, say we had Julio Jones, and he was coming off an injury...and was deemed healthy enough to play, do you sit him out a week to establish timing instead of playing him with Foles?
If I have Julio Jones he's playing. I HOPE Quick can be that good. And I'm sure he'll be playing soon.