R.I.P. Walter Becker(Steely Dan)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
What a huge loss for those of us who are Steely Dan fans. Becker, along with Donald Fagen, was half of that wonderful band.
*************************************************************************************
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...n-co-founder-walter-becker-dies-67/629738001/

Steely Dan co-founder Walter Becker dies at 67
Associated Press

wb.jpg

LOS ANGELES - Walter Becker, the guitarist, bassist and co-founder of the rock group Steely Dan, has died. He was 67. His official website announced his death Sunday with no further details.

Donald Fagen released a statement in remembrance of his Steely Dan bandmate. Fagen said he intends to keep the music they created together alive as long as he can with the Steely Dan band.

"Walter Becker was my friend, my writing partner and my bandmate since we met as students at Bard College in 1967," Fagen wrote. "He was smart as a whip, an excellent guitarist and a great songwriter. He was cynical about human nature, including his own, and hysterically funny."

Becker had missed performances earlier in the summer in Los Angeles and New York. Fagen later told Billboard that Becker was recovering from a procedure and hoped that he’d be fine soon.

A Queens native, Becker met Fagen as students at Bard College in 1967 and founded the band in 1972. Steely Dan's debut LP, Can’t Buy a Thrill produced the radio hits Do It Again and Reeling in the Years. The group’s biggest success came with the 1977 album Aja, including the top-20 singles Peg and Deacon Blues.

They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've got a friend who is probably devastated by this news. This guy is a freak for that band.

Kinda funny... and this happens all the time with him.

His girlfriend is a very close friend of mine. He's much older than her too btw. Anyway, his girlfriend loves to play DJ when we're all hanging out. She plays mostly current music for us during our get togethers. This always happens sometime after we all have had a few too many drinks. Our DJ will ask honestly... "Hey, you guys got any requests!".

That's when her boyfriend always screams out "Steely Dan". Then,,, she looks over at him with a real scowl on her face and yells back "HELL NO".
He never gives up though... and she never gives in.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One of my all time favorite bands!

So sad... died while I was on vacation... seeing this today.

My son loves... I mean LOVES them... so glad he liked what I like.

We bought tickets to see them a month ago (the concert is in October). Looks like Donald is still carrying on. It will be sad to not see Walter on the stage.