R&G Mock #1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Fired: Jeff Fisher, Brian Schottenheimer. Stan decides that yet another losing season isn't good enough, decides to go in a different direction.

Hired: Gary Patterson HC, Doug Meacham OC, Sonny Cumbie QB coach. After losing in the first round of the college football playoff Patterson decides that after 16 years at TCU he's ready for a new challenge, Stan Kroenke gets his guy.

Cuts: Wells (+$3.75m), Langford (+$6m), Long (+$8.75m), Bradford (+$12.985m) total cap saving: $31.485m.

Bring back a bunch of guys, Barksdale, Kendricks, others.

Sign: A top OC, a depth veteran OLB.

Trade: 3 way, the Rams trade their first round selection to Carolina for Cameron Newton, Carolina trade their first round selection and newly acquired Rams first round selection to Oakland for the first overall pick.

Explanation: Rams get their franchise QB, who they would have missed out on with 5 wins through the draft, they believe he can realise his potential behind a competent OL. Carolina, unhappy with Newton's "regression" want more of an original pocket passer and go get Jameis Winston, thus moving from top 5 in my most hated list to number 1. Oakland happy with Carr going forward need the picks.

2nd round: Spencer Drango, OG, Baylor fills the void currently named Davin Joseph.

3rd round: Cody Prewitt, FS, Mississippi, can come in and compete with McLeod for the starting spot.

5th round: Warren Herring, DT, Wisconsin, depth guy to try and compensate for cutting Langford.

7th round: Jared Roberts, K, Colorado State, Greg Zuerlin has been inconsistent.

Starting line up:

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Tre Mason
TE: Jared Cook
TE: Lance Kendricks
WR: Brian Quick
WR: Stedman Bailey
LT: Greg Robinson
LG: Spencer Drango
C: FA signing
RG: Rodger Saffold
RT: Joe Barksdale

RDE: Robert Quinn
DT: Aaron Donald
DT: Michael Brockers
LDE: Chris Long
MLB: James Laurinaitis
OLB: Alec Ogletree
FS: Rodney McLeod (Prewitt?)
SS: TJ McDonald
SS: Mark Barron
CB: Tru Johnson
CB: EJ Gaines

Oh yeah we're moving to Patterson's 4-2-5 D, it's a happy coincidence that we went out and traded for a 2nd SS and have appointed a coach who runs a 4-2-5.

Athos

Legend
I still jokingly call him Scam Newton, but he's now stuck on a horrible offense with a leaky offensive line, no healthy/quality RB for the majority of the season, and his best WR being a rookie.

Size, arm, strength. He'd definitely be the QB for a heavy run-oriented team. In a dream, I'd probably take him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see Carolina making that trade but you never know. However, I'm not a fan of hiring Patterson. Gotta be a really specific type of college coach for me to want you and Patterson isn't that guy.

I also don't know why we'd use a pick on a kicker. Zuerlein gets a lot of unnecessary criticism.