Projecting one future first-time Pro Bowler for each NFC team: Cooper Kupp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
To read the whole article click the link below.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...future-firsttime-pro-bowler-for-each-nfc-team

Projecting one future first-time Pro Bowler for each NFC team
By Gil Brandt

LOS ANGELES RAMS: Cooper Kupp, WR, second NFL season.

Kupp -- who accumulated more receiving yards at Eastern Washington (6,646) than anyone in the history of college football, including Jerry Rice -- gets open and catches everything. If the Rams throw enough this year, Kupp could haul in 90 passes.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7KgomEwJo8

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I actually hope that doesn't happen. The 90 catches I mean. Because IMO for this offense to transition to a unit that can step it up in the playoffs they will need to offer more threats to a defense than a RB and some wideouts. And if they get the increased production by the obvious position (TE) where they need it, I doubt there's enough opportunities for Kupp to haul in 90.

And that would be a good thing. Dependency is a bad deal come playoff time, where teams get their top toys taken away.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Defense stops opposing offenses = more offensive snaps for Rams. Would love for him to have 90 receptions. That's 5-6 catches a game. 25-30 catches evenly distributed among 5 players a game sounds great.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Defense stops opposing offenses = more offensive snaps for Rams. Would love for him to have 90 receptions. That's 5-6 catches a game. 25-30 catches evenly distributed among 5 players a game sounds great.
That’s some Snazy math. I concur.

A rising tide lifts all boats. I say two of the following four hit 1,000 yards: Cooks, Woods, Gurley and Kupp. With chances being in that order.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually hope that doesn't happen. The 90 catches I mean. Because IMO for this offense to transition to a unit that can step it up in the playoffs they will need to offer more threats to a defense than a RB and some wideouts. And if they get the increased production by the obvious position (TE) where they need it, I doubt there's enough opportunities for Kupp to haul in 90.

And that would be a good thing. Dependency is a bad deal come playoff time, where teams get their top toys taken away.
Only a little more than a catch a game from last year.
Goff finished at 62% comp last year, he finishes 67-68% comp that makes up the difference right there

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-top-nfl-secret-superstars-on-offense

The NFL's secret superstars on offense
BY NEIL HORNSBY

COOPER KUPP, WR, LOS ANGELES RAMS

The archetypal slot receiver, Kupp burst on to the scene as rookie last year in a way that may belie the term “secret.” So why include him here? Well, he’s hardly a household name in the way Wes Welker was and frankly, whatever reception he did receive, it probably didn’t do his performance justice.

Our 17th-rated receiver last year (78.3 grade), he excelled in nearly every capacity except drops. His drop rate of just over 10 percent was more than double what we saw during his time at Eastern Washington so if we can put that down to rookie nerves, let’s focus on the positives.

10 tackles broken or avoided was good for eighth-best among wide receivers and that led to a yards-after-catch per reception of 5.9 (good for 10th in the NFL). With Brandin Cooks joining the ranks in LA and another year of scheming under Sean McVay’s belt, expect Kupp to perform even better in 2018.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Dependency is a bad deal come playoff time, where teams get their top toys taken away.

Fair point, but I could also argue that the lack of targets with players not getting significant targets during the regular season could make an impact in the postseason with the lack of film the opposition has on them.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams success will be depend on spreading the ball around, the running game and play action.

Rams have so many weapons no team can key on any one aspect of the offense. Gurley running the ball, screen plays and lining him up in the slot or even as a wr. Cooks, Woods, and Kupp in the slot, Cooper Reynolds and Thomas to mix it up. Only lacking position is TE. Hogbee needs to prove he can go up and get the ball in traffic.

If there is any one player that's gets the most touches it will be Gurley.

Going to be tough on DC's to game plan the Rams. With a healthy Zuerlien I can see the Rams leading the league in scoring again.

jjab360

Legend
Kupp will almost certainly have a big year with Cooks taking the top off. Watkins was a "deep threat" last year in that we consistently ran him deep but he was just never able to get on the same page with Goff like I think Cooks will be able to. Gurley will benefit from this as well and Woods will get his regardless with his and Goff's chemistry.

No way that Kupp drops as many balls either with those rookie jitters out of the way.

Ram65

Legend
I don't see Kupp as a Pro Bowl player and it doesn't matter. Too many options in the Rams offense will limit his targets. Look for the ball to be spread evenly around to Woods, Cooks and Kupp. Gurley could see a slight reduction as Rams don't want to nor have to burn him out. The TEs will get a little more attention. With a modest increase in production Kupp could get 75 catches and approach 1000 yards.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I would like to see Saffold attend his first pro bowl.

Now your talking,unles Copper Kupp is an All Pro special teams guys.

Roger is an excellent call. Copper Kupp is the 3rd guy as a WR. He sometimes has trouble separating? I think Kelly & Everett will get some good touches to help out during the season.