Pro Day Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I haven't seen a thread to discuss Pro Day numbers. Baylor had their Pro Day today, and Ishmael Zamora had a big day:

I think he has a Josh Gordon-like tool-set. I'd jump on the guy in the 4th round. He's raw but freakishly gifted. There are definitely character concerns that might keep the Rams from picking him, but I'd take the chance.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Ive been avoiding watching the dog video. Is it really bad? As a dog lover im to scared to watch it. The Mixon video was enough for me not to want him on the Rams either.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Zamora definitely has upside and talent not sure McVay can pick a guy like him in his first draft when they are competing for LA market share

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
No way in hell do I want that asshole on my favorite team. I don't care if he becomes the best receiver in NFL history. I don't want to be forced to cheer for him.

Besides McVay's is changing the culture. Zamora doesn't fit with that plan.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not interested in going back to the three pillars approach. Every team needs a few talented assholes.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm not interested in going back to the three pillars approach. Every team needs a few talented assholes.

I prefer more of the four pillars than what Fisher ran. There aren't too many bad eggs on the Patriots and they are all hardworking team oriented players. The few that are jerks either get shipped out, cut or aren't invited back.

GSOT didn't have many assholes either. I think that character is a contributing factor to team success.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I haven't seen a thread to discuss Pro Day numbers. Baylor had their Pro Day today, and Ishmael Zamora had a big day:

I think he has a Josh Gordon-like tool-set. I'd jump on the guy in the 4th round. He's raw but freakishly gifted. There are definitely character concerns that might keep the Rams from picking him, but I'd take the chance.

Wow. Incredible numbers. Maybe we can get him to visualize DB's as dogs.

Seriously, I'm a big time dog lover, so this would be a tough one. I don't know the details, but yeah.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler

I dont mind taking chances on some players with minor off the field (aka like Higbee) issues but woman beating and animal beating I cant get behind. He does look incredibly talented though.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
As many have mentioned, I'm an animal lover and would never want an animal beater on this team. For me, there's underlying issues in that. PASS

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I prefer more of the four pillars than what Fisher ran. There aren't too many bad eggs on the Patriots and they are all hardworking team oriented players. The few that are jerks either get shipped out, cut or aren't invited back.

GSOT didn't have many assholes either. I think that character is a contributing factor to team success.

GSOT had Leonard Little. Patriots have had some questionable dudes on their team too.(ex. Corey Dillon)

Wow. Incredible numbers. Maybe we can get him to visualize DB's as dogs.

Seriously, I'm a big time dog lover, so this would be a tough one. I don't know the details, but yeah.

I grew up with dogs and still have three. I hate what he did, but he's not being drafted to be my best friend. He's a football player.

I'd take prime Ray Lewis on this team in a heartbeat, and he was no angel. I think building a foundation is important, but you need some guys with an edge to them to avoid having a team that is too soft.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
GSOT had Leonard Little. Patriots have had some questionable dudes on their team too.(ex. Corey Dillon)

I grew up with dogs and still have three. I hate what he did, but he's not being drafted to be my best friend. He's a football player.

I'd take prime Ray Lewis on this team in a heartbeat, and he was no angel. I think building a foundation is important, but you need some guys with an edge to them to avoid having a team that is too soft.
I get what you are saying, but it's a PR nightmare in a City like L.A. I do want to win though. I think Ju Ju would pair up nicely with Woods. We have a lot of needs still.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get what you are saying, but it's a PR nightmare in a City like L.A. I do want to win though. I think Ju Ju would pair up nicely with Woods. We have a lot of needs still.

If he turns into a top WR and stays out of trouble, nobody will remember or care.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If he turns into a top WR and stays out of trouble, nobody will remember or care.
I hope that guys like this do learn from their mistakes. I really do.

Hey, you should do an all criminal past/value mock. Might be fun.