Pretty Happy/Excited About The Rams Offseason So Far!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
With the signings of Weddle, Fowler, Bortles and Matthews I think the Rams are off to a really good offseason so far!! Can’t wait to see if they can add any more quality players through Free Agency or Trade before the Draft! And, Then I am keeping my fingers crossed that they can fill some of their needed positions (OL, CB, LB, etc) with their Draft! Seems like with Sean McVay and Les Snead there is NEVER any IDLE/BORING Times with the Rams!!!

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Yea a lot of short-term deals which makes sense b/c of future, big obligations. But it will also be very interesting again next off-season who we bring back and who we let go, as well as the impact on comp picks for following drafts!

Count me on board for DL help in round one, either Lawrence/Simmons/Tillery. Would love a big boy like Lawrence!

Going to be fun next month! I don’t expect much more happening for us other than the Brown situation and maybe another vet addition in Groy from Buff.

We’ll see !!!! GO RAMS

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
With the signings of Weddle, Fowler, Bortles and Matthews I think the Rams are off to a really good offseason so far!! Can’t wait to see if they can add any more quality players through Free Agency or Trade before the Draft! And, Then I am keeping my fingers crossed that they can fill some of their needed positions (OL, CB, LB, etc) with their Draft! Seems like with Sean McVay and Les Snead there is NEVER any IDLE/BORING Times with the Rams!!!

I'm not sure i'd list LB as a 'needed' position any longer, although if someone were to fall into our lap as a BPA, would still pounce. I would also be fine if we sat on what we had and were done with both ILB & OLB acquisitions as we need to turn our desires toward other positions which lack depth. Money is already tight and we have open slots to fill at DT, DE, and OG, we risk losing 2 starting CB's following the 2019 season, even more depth on the OL, & two of our three TE's may soon be history. Goff, Brockers & Fowler will also be entering into free agency with Whitworth likely retiring. The Rams have their work cut out for them ...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I definitely don't love every move, but overall the Rams did get better at safety, linebacker, and backup QB. And the biggest holes (DL & interior OL) are strengths of this draft from a depth perspective. DL is absolutely sick. Interior OL is deep with lots of options.

Not entirely sure about ILB but I trust the Rams and honestly they might not be done yet with bargain options in FA, let alone using late round and UDFA types in droves to try to find a diamond if they need to.

And personally I'd like to see them improve TE depth/competition. But that's not a popular opinion and maybe I'm off base we'll see.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh and btw of note is that the two additions to the defense are high end motor and locker room types. A big departure from last year's signing of Suh, who was not a high motor or locker room type during his Dolphins tenure and wasn't for most of his tenure with us.

IMO when it comes to the long in the tooth types, that stuff is more and more important because your chances of getting your money's worth is much greater.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
IMHO, this offseason isn’t nearly as exciting as last year YET.

Last year was just insane. Peters, Talib, Suh, Cooks... amazing.

Weddle Bortles and Matthews don’t stack up to last year’s haul... yet.

We’ve also lost FOUR 10M-per-year guys in Saff, Joyner, Barron, and Suh. (Saff was the most painful to lose). While I agree with the Rams’ decision to not overspend to retain those four, still, that’s a lot of talent to lose.

I have all the faith in the world that McSnead will build a championship quality team in 2019, but there are still significant holes to fill. Rams really need to score big on their first 3 picks (1st, 3rd, 3rd) in this draft.