PressureD41 Mock Draft 1.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Okay I'm going to give this a shot, so feel free to tear it apart if need be, so without further a do, Lets Go!

My Thoughts:
Despite all the freakin ODJ trade talk, I'm going to focus on BPA while attempting to fill holes. We get a future LT to groom which I think is huge! Add 2 Edge Rusher's that can be rotated in year 1...Added 2 interior OL that I think can be starters in 2-3 years. Big fan of Cole at OC... Pitt WR has a skill set I think we could use on the outside..Added a TE a jack of all trades type that can hold onto the football so Higbee is on notice...Found our FS Davis replacement....Any lastly we took a chance on a RB w/ the thought to push for our #3 spot and be weapon out of the back field and push Cooper on Sts

1.23 Connor Williams LT Texas

In Indianapolis at the NFL Combine, Williams notched 26 reps on the bench press and a 5.05 second 40-yard dash. He also recorded a 34.0” Vertical Jump, 112” broad jump, 7.83 second 3-cone drill and 4.63 second 20-yard shuttle.

Scrap Williams’ injury-riddled 2017 tape and go back to his sophomore year. That season he was utterly dominant and allowed only four pressures all season. Not many true sophomores are capable of the level of play we saw from Williams in 2016, as he flashed all the tools necessary to be a high-level tackle in the NFL.

3.87 UCHENNA NWOSU, USC Edge Rusher

Flashes the athletic traits and speed off the edge that teams will be looking for but the overall tape is very uneven. Nwosu may not have the edge strength to handle run downs, however, if he tests well at the Combine as expected, teams may fall in love with his burst and eyeball a future role as a designated pass rusher.

4.111 HERCULES MATA’AFA, WASHINGTON STATE Edge Rusher

Mata’afa played a grand total of seven snaps this season outside the tackles, but tipping the scales around 250-pounds, the Washington State defender will have to end up there in the NFL. It’s intriguing that he still racked up double-digit sacks from the interior – often blowing past guards and centres at the snap with his lightning quick first step

4.135 MASON COLE, MICHIGAN OC/OL
Projects to OC

Cole played both tackle and center at Michigan, but never quite mastered either. He’ll be on the interior in the NFL, where that cross-training could be seen as a positive. Cole also hails from a creative, pro-style run scheme at Michigan that should translate well at the next level.

Taylor Hearn, G, Clemson

Draft Prospect Outlook:

Phone-booth power blocker who wins with point-of-attack strength and a sound foundation. Struggles when stationary and faces a counter move. Mobile getting to second level.

College Recap:

Hearn redshirted his freshman season in 2014. He came to Clemson from Williston, S.C. as a three-star recruit according to the 247Sports Composite. As a redshirt freshman in 2015, he played in 14 games and recorded 180 snaps. As a redshirt sophomore, when Clemson won the national championship, Hearn started all 15 games and was tied for second on the team with 32.5 knockdowns.

This past season, Hearn was named a permanent team captain. He started all 14 games and had 29 knockdowns. He had two knockdowns while playing all 70 snaps against Alabama in the All-State Sugar Bowl, and was named team offensive player of the game for his efforts. - Anna Hickey, Clemson247

6.183 Jester Weah, WR, Pittsburgh 6-3/210

It took a while for Weah (wee-ah) to earn the playing time necessary to make a name for himself with NFL scouts, but the size/speed combination, body control, and solid hands he displayed during his junior year opened some eyes. He started seven of 13 games played, averaging 24.2 yards on his 36 receptions (870 yards), which ranked second in the nation. His 10 touchdowns were third in the conference, as well. His production as a senior dipped as the team's passing game declined, however (41-698, four touchdowns). The Wisconsin high school All-State pick (38-799, touchdown as a senior) and sprint champion (indoor 55-meters, outdoor 100 and 200-meter) redshirted in 2013, but did not catch any passes in 2014 (eight games played) and 2015 (nine games).

6.194 CHRIS HARNDON, TE Miami "Its All About the U"!

Herndon's athletic ability will flash on tape, but his college production was pedestrian and he's still very raw. He has TE2 potential if he can improve his upper body strength and hand placement as a blocker. While Miami used him as a "run after the catch" option, NFL teams may lock in on his ability to threaten defenses on the second and third levels. Herndon has exciting athletic ability, but there is still plenty of room for improvement before he becomes a factor in the NFL.

6.195 Siran Neal, S, Jacksonville State

Neal is a small-school prospect who scouts said impressed them durign the fall. The senior is a quality run defender and some coverage skills. Playing cornerback, he totaled 39 tackles with 11 passes broken up, a forced fumble and an interception in 2017. As a junior, he recorded 80 tackles with 11.5 tackles for a loss, .5 sacks, four passes batted, one forced fumble and an interception.

Jacksonville State had Neal playing corner, but scouts say that for the NFL, he projects to safety as he is kind of tight. However, he is a physical and aggressive defender who would fit safety well. They think Neal could be at least a good backup and special teams contributor. He helped his draft stock by having a decent week at the Senior Bowl.

6.198 Martez Carter, RB, Grambling State

One of the most underrated prospects in a deep running back class, Carter has been a dangerous, explosive weapon for the Tigers throughout his career. A versatile player who can score every time he touches the ball, Carter has been a productive playmaker as a runner, receiver, and in the return game.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like it a lot and think it's a good outcome for the Rams. The only thing I'd like to see is adding an ILB instead of the TE. I know everybody wants to add one but IMO the ILB is a much bigger need than a TE. Good work though I like adding Williams if the best edge guys are off the board in the 1st.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@OldSchool ya I think some Edge guys like Landry etc get taken before us, which pushes OT to us. Plus I liked the two guys in NWOSU & MATA’AFA both got that 1st step to bend and get around the corner. I think we can still add another ILB in the free agency period or add one right after the draft. Needed those OL and I think McVay still not happy w/ his TEs thus adding another one. Call it a hunch as we attempted to add bengals Eifert

Last edited:

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Read up on Williams, Miller and McGlinchy last nights, the scouts all said best case average LTs and in McGlinchy'' case projects better at RT.

Not a good LT class at all. I too think it is very important to get a LT to replace Whit just not sure it is any of these guys.

BTW the scouts we're very high on Landry right now. He has one move speed rush and they knocked him on a bunch of issues. I will say all the scouts I read had a ton of good things to say about Evans and Vander Esch unfortunately not the highest priority need.

In the end we will get the most bang for our buck at #23 with using it to trade for OBJ unless a miracle happens and Edwards becomes available the scouts absolutely love him way more than Smith, but neither will be there. And your pick of Nwosa is a fantastic pick if he lasts to the third round. I watch every USC game and he is always around the ball. I believe he is one of the steaks in the draft. People constantly talk about Smith he is just as good.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
@Malibu Ya I just think there was enough of a good thing for Kromer to develop in Connor. I love my two Edge Rushers I taken. I think they project perfectly for Wade's D. Thanks for your thoughts

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
If we end up e/ ILB Evans from Bama, it would be the future captain and stud inside guy. Just not sure he lasts to 23.