Pressure41 1.0 Post Combine Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
So before I unveil by mock draft i will go into free agents. Resign Dahl at a cheap 1 year show me deal, thus allowing us to coach up the youth (B.Washington) & rookies. I think we would be dubious to start 3 new interior lineman and expect to hit the season running!

Are so called big signing would be CB Alterraun Verner

Mock Draft 1.0

Rams trade down
w/ Oakland (5th pick overall & 2nd Rd (#36overall, 2nd rd pick in 2015)

1.5) Greg Robinson play him at LG until Jake Long needs replacing

Rams trade down from 13 to 18 w/ the J-E-T-S (for a 3rd Rd pick via Bucs)

1.18) DT Louis Nix Gives us a nasty DT to rotate which Fisher likes

2.4) Xavier Su'a-Filo, G, UCLA Plug future LG who could push Dahl to bench in year 1!

2.12) Dee Ford OLB Auburn 6'2 238

3.5) Deone Bucannon S Washington State 6'1 216

3.11) Tre Mason RB Auburn running backs from Auburn have a history of being special

4.10) JaWuan James OT Tennessee 6'6 324 future RT

5.13) Aaron Murray QB Georgia

6.12) Tre Boston S N. Carolina 6'1 190

7.11) Dri Archer RB Kent State 5'7 175 Kickoff returner stud

Notes: I don't think there was a wr worthy of the 13th spot as I think Evans goes before our pick. Plus I feel our WR group will step up, plus we will be running a more balance offense and I still believe in Brian Quick (don't shoot me folks LOL). Furthermore I just feel this draft will add too the nastiness plus talent to be fighting for a PLAYOFF spot this coming season. I build us a amazing O-Line, gave us a DT rotation to hang your hat on (Spags quote there). Added a OLB to compete w/ Ray Ray. Bucannon will start from day one and destroy people. Back up QB who's better than people think well over 100 tds thrown which is a nice piece of stats in the SEC/NCAA

FisherAndCourt31.jpg

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would want two CB's at least in this draft. I love the attention you gave the OL excellent selections. I would consider DE/OLBer Ford to be gone somewhere in the 20's in the first round to a pass rush starved team. Nice trades!

laramsoriginal

Starter
I like Nix but I would prefer to have HaHa or Pryor at 18. You can find a good rotating DT in the 3rd round.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Only reason I didn't take a Safety in Rd 1 was mainly Fisher doesn't value drafting safeties in Rd 1.. Plus I don't want any excuses getting run on (stronger up the middle w/ Nix & Bucannon)... Add Verner, Nix, Attaochu & Bucannon too our DEF and getting Greg Williams coaching them up is pretty much a lock to be a top 5 DEF next season. Then on O you have taken care of our OL in getting the best LT, LOG and a good RT. Having our future OT's and LOG next year is huge moving fwd. Tre Mason gives our O a different look. Some pop/Splash plays from Mason will helps keep Stacey fresh (plus Bam Bam Cunningham)...

laramsoriginal

Starter
Nix will be a good DT, he struggled with injuries this year but he was healthy for the majority of his time at Notre Dame. Great strength and really nice agility.
Adding a RB like Mason would help out.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Build the trenches and the rings will come!!!

duckhunter

Starter
Well, just don't give lip service to fixing the OL problem. Throw some serious resources at it.

I won't quibble with anyone that grabs some meat for both lines. I love meatheads with the first three picks.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
thanks Duckhunter (great call name by the way) lets get our meatheads and the rest will work it self out. Need great big uglies to win our division. I just feel Bradford needs a OL more than another wr. Bradford will prove it this season imho

crazyhorns

Rookie
Only reason I didn't take a Safety in Rd 1 was mainly Fisher doesn't value drafting safeties in Rd 1.. Plus I don't want any excuses getting run on (stronger up the middle w/ Nix & Bucannon)... Add Verner, Nix, Attaochu & Bucannon too our DEF and getting Greg Williams coaching them up is pretty much a lock to be a top 5 DEF next season. Then on O you have taken care of our OL in getting the best LT, LOG and a good RT. Having our future OT's and LOG next year is huge moving fwd. Tre Mason gives our O a different look. Some pop/Splash plays from Mason will helps keep Stacey fresh (plus Bam Bam Cunningham)...

Fisher doesn't value drafting safeties in Rd 1... I think you forgot 2007 when Fisher and the Titans selected Free Safety Michael Griffin in Round 1?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nix will be a good DT, he struggled with injuries this year but he was healthy for the majority of his time at Notre Dame. Great strength and really nice agility.
Adding a RB like Mason would help out.

Nix is a 3-4 NT imo. Those are the teams he has 1st round value to. Doesn't have enough ability as a pass rusher to offer it to a team like us. He's strong as hell with violent hands but he doesn't offer a lot as a pass rusher. In a Vince Wilfork or Damon Harrison type role, he has a lot of value. But that's not what we run on defense. We need a guy that can get off blocks and get into the back-field. Nix is the type of guy that eats up multiple blockers and clogs the lanes. He's not a good scheme fit for us.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well, just don't give lip service to fixing the OL problem. Throw some serious resources at it.

I won't quibble with anyone that grabs some meat for both lines. I love meatheads with the first three picks.

Maybe I should use BLUE below...

Lip Service? Hey they resemble that ! The Rams went out & dragged in a bunch of Lip Service candidates (Wavier Wire Contingent) #1-Shelley Smith WWC from Texans, #2-Chris Williams WWC from the Bears, #3-Ty Nsekhe WWC from the Colts, #4-Brandon Washington WWC from the Eagles, #5-Joe Barksdale WWC from the Raiders, #6-Mike Person WWC from Seattle & #7 Tim Barnes WWC from the Ravens. Come on duckhunter that's a lot of hard work there.

Fisher & Snead have had 17 draft selections in the last two drafts & they even drafted two OL'ers on the last day of both drafts that's says something does it not. Its not the Rams fault none of those two drafted OL'ers made any positive help for us? You might be upset more about the NINE (9) first & second day draft selection that were used in 2012/2013 none going to the OL even though the OL was not doing well...well there was all that work ongoing with the WWC's.

To complete & fully paint the full picture of the amount of heavy lip service put into this current Ram OL look no farther than the heavy cap fund investments put into three well seasoned vet Ol'ers...Wells, Dahl & Long ...its not the Rams fault that all these three Ol'ers have been on the IR four times in 2012/2013 or all three have undergone five surgeries 2012/2013 or all 3 have ended their 2013 season unhealthy & out due to injury in 2013. Hey injuries are a part of the NFL so I am told lucky we had those WWC's!

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Fisher doesn't value drafting safeties in Rd 1... I think you forgot 2007 when Fisher and the Titans selected Free Safety Michael Griffin in Round 1?

come on dude thats a one off...How many drafts has Fisher done a draft (around 20) your case is one??

but to be fair he's a case to back your point
Other board:

mars

So the last 2 days, Burwell and Strauss on CBS Sports 920/InsideSTL.com have talked to these 2 guys in extensive segments regarding the draft, the Rams position in the draft, and what the Rams should do.

BOTH agreed the Rams need to come out of this one way or another with one of the elite OL prospects. They were both fine with any of the combinations involving Watkins/Evans & Matthews/Lewan/Robinson, in any order.

Some other notes about the interviews:

- Charles Davis has Matthews rated as his #1 OL prospect over Robinson. Thinks he is more polished, and a better overall tackle.

- BOTH agreed on separate days that after the top-3 OL, there is a pretty big dropoff to the next tier.

- Of the top 2 safety prospects, Brooks said Clinton Dix was the best fit for the Rams because his skills were different than what we already have in McDonald, and the blend could be formidable.

- Comparing Watkins to Evans, they both said it's not a fair comparison. Different types of receivers. They said Watkins is a catch & run receiver, and Evans is the physical go up and get the ball receiver. Both are elite prospects, Brooks leaned Evans toward being more a "pure" traditional #1 in the NFL.

- Comparing Robinson to Matthews. Both said what we already know. Robinson is NFL ready to run block at the next level. And in our division, that would be really valuable. he is nasty, mean, and controls the LOS. As I said earlier, Davis went on to say that he thought Matthews was the best prospect at OL, his #1 rated OL.

crazyhorns

Rookie
come on dude thats a one off...How many drafts has Fisher done a draft (around 20) your case is one??

but to be fair he's a case to back your point

Fisher and company had 16 drafts with the titans and oilers. In those drafts they did not have a 1st round pick in 2004 and 2001. Fisher drafted 2 QB's, 2 WR, 2RB, 4 Defensive Lineman, 2 CB, 1 FS, and 1 LB.

So lets go with your logic and look at Fisher history of drafting. Since Fisher only selected a Linebacker in one of those past drafts the chances he would take a Linebacker in the 1st round would be slim right..... Wait a minute did the rams select a Linebacker in the 1st round last year. I do not feel that we should dismiss that Fisher and company will ignore the Safety position in this years draft base on his draft history. To be honest I hope the Rams finally address this position with some talent it's been a position ignored for way too long.