Predict the Secondary

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Who do you see making the team in our secondary in 2014?

CB:
- Jenkins (Outside starter)
- Johnson (Outside starter)
- Joyner (Slot starter)
- Gaines (Dime back)
- Reid
- Roberson
- McGee

S:
- McDonald (Safety #1 starter)
- Alexander (Safety #2 starter)
- McLeod (1st guy off the bench, maybe swaps for Alexander on passing downs)
- Davis
- Bryant

So Daniels, Woodard, Cunningham, Pointer, Jarrid Bryant are all out. Leaves us 7 corners and 5 safeties, which seems vaguely OK...

Thoughts?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Im hearing Bryant may not be ready for training camp. If thats the case probably a practice squad canidate. I dont see them keeping that many DBs especially because I think Joyner will be playing some saftey as well slot corner. My best guess is

Jenkins-outside starter
Johnson-outside starter
Joyner-slot starter and saftey in base package
McGee
Gaines
Reid(give him the edge over Roberson If he can return kicks)

S:
Mcdonald- Starter
Joyner/Alexander/McLeod (I think will all be playing some saftey in differnt packages)
Davis

I think they will only keep 10 or 11 that would be my 10 if they kept 11 it would be between Roberson and Matt Daniels.

STLINI

UDFA
12 seems kind of heavy to me. I would say Bryant goes to the practice squad or injured reserved if he can't get back. Then I would say that Reid/Roberson/McGee are battling it out for the last 2 CB spots. Special Teams ability will be big for these guys.

If Daniels can show to be fully recovered from his injury, he'll give Davis a run for his money.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I agree that they are highly unlikely to keep 12 DBs.

That being said, Jenkins, Johnson, Joyner as the "starters" at CB. with McGee and Gaines competing for the "dime" Spot. If you consider Joyner as a hybrid, (CB/S) then you may be looking at it coming down to Woodard or Roberson for that 11th spot. IMO, I don't expect to see Reid stick around. I just think there is too much rust to shake off after missing as much time as he has missed over the past couple of years. PS written all over him.

At Safety, I think its McLeod's spot to lose, (they really seem to like him) along side McDonald obviously. Bryant could land on the PUP List, as his injury would preclude him from participating in Training camp, That could work to their advantage, in that he would be a "free roster spot" for what could be up to 6 weeks into the season. At which point they would have to choose to activate or IR him.

That leaves Alexander and Davis With Alexander missing virtually all of the OTAs, I would expect him to be behind the curve entering training camp, otherwise, I could see him challenging McLeod.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
I don't know if they'll keep any of Roberson, Reid, Woodard or Pointer, at least not for an active 46.

Jenkins, Johnson, Joyner, McGee, Gaines, McDonald, McLeod, Davis and Alexander seem like the picks to me. Given Joyner's versatility why not use that roster spot for depth at other positions?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I don't know if they'll keep any of Roberson, Reid, Woodard or Pointer, at least not for an active 46.

Jenkins, Johnson, Joyner, McGee, Gaines, McDonald, McLeod, Davis and Alexander seem like the picks to me. Given Joyner's versatility why not use that roster spot for depth at other positions?

Pointer is already gone,, he was released in the offseason.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I could see Fisher going with only 9 DB's if rookies Joyner & Gaines prove they can play multiple positions like Nickle/Dime & deep safety. If not I look for pure 2nd yr CB Woodard to win that 10th position due to the fact that Fisher will have added 3 rookies to the master roster already ...his one full season with the Rams last yr helping out much, with ex Gator rookie CB Roberson if fully healthy coming in @ #11.
CB's
#1-Johnson
#2-Jenkins
#3-McGee
#4-Gaines

Safeties
#1-McDonald SS
#2-McLeod FS
#3-Joyner SS/FS/Nickle/CB
#4-Alexander SS
#5-Davis FS

On Bubble/ 10th DB