Potentially dumb question: Did the Rams change which side of the field is the "home" side?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Poppinfresh

Rookie
Season tickets came available today. I had been under the impression that the section I bought (section C130) was behind the visitor's bench. But everything I'm seeing on the resale sites for the Bears game (because I simply don't care enough to be the "first" one in my seats vs. the 1800 a seat I can get for that first game) is saying that's the Rams side.

Are the sites wrong, or did they change sides of the field?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting question. I thought the home side was always the side by the press box, which would not be moved. But now that I think about it I don't know if that's true.

But then I think about the locker rooms. Which is probably why it was not changed. Each sideline has its own locker room right?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Interesting question. I thought the home side was always the side by the press box, which would not be moved. But now that I think about it I don't know if that's true.

But then I think about the locker rooms. Which is probably why it was not changed. Each sideline has its own locker room right?
Each sideline I think has two. Rams and Chargers on different sidelines and a visitor lockeroom on each side.

Poppinfresh

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The mystery deepens. I reached out to my STIX rep but, predictably, no response from them yet. Customer service hasn't really been their best trait.

Poppinfresh

Rookie
Found an old diagram in my email from back when they were helping me find where to get seats and to attempt to push me into paying 3 times as much to be one section over. It was definitely visitor's side when I bought them. Thought so, because everything behind the home side had been sold out by that point and I'd have had to go further back. So they definitely switched the sides.

I'd be pissed if I had been paying for years thinking I was getting home side and got switched over to the other one. Personally, I kind of preferred the visitor side because I can only go to like 3 games a year and figured those would resell better, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter here.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did they switch the seats, as in your map got reversed or something? Sounds crazy that they would change the home side.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Found an old diagram in my email from back when they were helping me find where to get seats and to attempt to push me into paying 3 times as much to be one section over. It was definitely visitor's side when I bought them. Thought so, because everything behind the home side had been sold out by that point and I'd have had to go further back. So they definitely switched the sides.

I'd be pissed if I had been paying for years thinking I was getting home side and got switched over to the other one. Personally, I kind of preferred the visitor side because I can only go to like 3 games a year and figured those would resell better, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter here.

The Home sideline didn't switch. Section 130 is the Home sideline and always has been.

One section over from section 130 is the VIP section (basically the 50 yardline area/mid-field)... that's why it's more expensive.

Poppinfresh

Rookie
The Home sideline didn't switch. Section 130 is the Home sideline and always has been.

One section over from section 130 is the VIP section (basically the 50 yardline area/mid-field)... that's why it's more expensive.

I know why it's 3 times as expensive. That was more a piece of snark at how aggressive they were trying to get me to buy those (btw, those still aren't sold out). But I have a diagram here that says it was the visitor's side.

Again, I don't really care - home side is usually worth more. But it's backwards from what I was shown.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I know why it's 3 times as expensive. That was more a piece of snark at how aggressive they were trying to get me to buy those (btw, those still aren't sold out). But I have a diagram here that says it was the visitor's side.

Again, I don't really care - home side is usually worth more. But it's backwards from what I was shown.

You have always posted aggressive snark when it comes to the team. I should have known this was no different. My bad.