POSTGAME NOTES: Rams vs. Packers (8-16-14)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
- The Rams fell to the Packers 21-7, pushing their all-time preseason series results to 3-2, in favor of the Packers.

- QB Sam Bradford played the entire first quarter, leading the offense for two drives. He completed nine-of-12 passes for 101 yards, and one touchdown for a rating of 127.4.

- Bradford spread out his targets which included WR Tavon Austin and TE Lance Kendricks who each had two receptions, while WR Brian Quick, RB Zac Stacy, TE Cory Harkey, TE Jared Cook and WR Kenny Britt had one a piece.

- Quick made his second consecutive start of the preseason and caught a 41 yard reception from Bradford on the second drive of the game.

- Kendricks connected with Bradford for an 11 yard touchdown reception.

- The majority of the running back duties were shared by Zac Stacy (six carries for six yards), Benny Cunningham (five carries for 24 yards) and Rookie Tre Mason (12 carries for 30 yards). The trio totaled 21 carries for 60 yards. Rookie Trey Watts had three carries also for 19 yards.

- Rookie DE Ethan Westbrooks notched the first sack for the Rams this preseason with a takedown of Packers QB Scott Tolzien for a loss of one yard.

- Rookie CB LaMarcus Joyner helped cause Packers RB DuJuan Harris fumble, the fumble was picked up by Rams S Cody Davis and returned eight yards.

- QB Shaun Hill completed one-of-nine passes for 14 yards and two sacks. Hill played the entire second quarter and one drive into the third.

- QB Garrett Gilbert took over on offense starting on the second drive of the third quarter. Gilbert completed three-of-six passes for 32 yards.

- Rookie DE Michael Sam sacked Packers QB Matt Flynn for a loss of 10 yards.

- LB Phillip Steward registered a sack on Flynn for a seven yard loss.

- According to press box statistics, Joyner led the team in tackles with six (five solo).

paceram

Pro Bowler
- The Rams fell to the Packers 21-7, pushing their all-time preseason series results to 3-2, in favor of the Packers.

- QB Sam Bradford played the entire first quarter, leading the offense for two drives. He completed nine-of-12 passes for 101 yards, and one touchdown for a rating of 127.4.

- Bradford spread out his targets which included WR Tavon Austin and TE Lance Kendricks who each had two receptions, while WR Brian Quick, RB Zac Stacy, TE Cory Harkey, TE Jared Cook and WR Kenny Britt had one a piece.

- Quick made his second consecutive start of the preseason and caught a 41 yard reception from Bradford on the second drive of the game.

- Kendricks connected with Bradford for an 11 yard touchdown reception.

- The majority of the running back duties were shared by Zac Stacy (six carries for six yards), Benny Cunningham (five carries for 24 yards) and Rookie Tre Mason (12 carries for 30 yards). The trio totaled 21 carries for 60 yards. Rookie Trey Watts had three carries also for 19 yards.

- Rookie DE Ethan Westbrooks notched the first sack for the Rams this preseason with a takedown of Packers QB Scott Tolzien for a loss of one yard.

- Rookie CB LaMarcus Joyner helped cause Packers RB DuJuan Harris fumble, the fumble was picked up by Rams S Cody Davis and returned eight yards.

- QB Shaun Hill completed one-of-nine passes for 14 yards and two sacks. Hill played the entire second quarter and one drive into the third.

- QB Garrett Gilbert took over on offense starting on the second drive of the third quarter. Gilbert completed three-of-six passes for 32 yards.

- Rookie DE Michael Sam sacked Packers QB Matt Flynn for a loss of 10 yards.

- LB Phillip Steward registered a sack on Flynn for a seven yard loss.

- According to press box statistics, Joyner led the team in tackles with six (five solo).

I did not see the game but Shaun Hill going one-of-nine seems to be a little disappointing/disturbing!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sean Hill did not play well and he was putting Way, Way too much air under the ball. His throws looked more like punts.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Sean Hill did not play well and he was putting Way, Way too much air under the ball. His throws looked more like punts.

I'm not gonna blame much on the QBs. None of them had time to do anything. The o line was getting dominated all night long. Bradford had decent protection but the backups had no chance.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'm not gonna blame much on the QBs. None of them had time to do anything. The o line was getting dominated all night long. Bradford had decent protection but the backups had no chance.
Yup, and Davis seemed to have the worst of it. It was down right ugly. He didnt even get a chance to make a case for himself today with the constant sacks and pressure.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Yup, and Davis seemed to have the worst of it. It was down right ugly. He didnt even get a chance to make a case for himself today with the constant sacks and pressure.

When Fisher mentioned wanting Zack Martin right after drafting Robinson I kinda scratched my head. Tonight I saw why. Our depth is bottom feeder.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
When Fisher mentioned wanting Zack Martin right after drafting Robinson I kinda scratched my head. Tonight I saw why. Our depth is bottom feeder.

Ditto. Seemed like overkill at the time, now it seems like a brilliant strategy. Hopefully next draft they grab some linemen throughout the draft. I would not be surprised to see a few new faces after the cuts begin and they grab some players cut from other teams. Beside center and joseph, the depth is scary.

I will say though, the point CoachO brought up, a few were played in positions they didnt play hardly, if any during camp. I believe thats what he said, if wrong my bad. I have a buzz going so yea.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Why didn't Bond play? I thought he was doing good in camp
He did play and played fairly well with the second unit.

They came in after the scoring drive. And played well into the 2nd half. Hooey was at RT. Bond - RG. Barnes - C. Robinson - LG. Person - LT

lockdnram21

Legend
He did play and played fairly well with the second unit.

They came in after the scoring drive. And played well into the 2nd half. Hooey was at RT. Bond - RG. Barnes - C. Robinson - LG. Person - LT

Aw ok he should have played with first unit. Robinson LT, Bond LG, Wells C, Joseph RG, Barksdale RT.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Aw ok he should have played with first unit. Robinson LT, Bond LG, Wells C, Joseph RG, Barksdale RT.
He has only taken reps at RG throught out the past 2 weeks at camp. The problem was they asked a 299 lb Mike Person to play LG rather than leaving Robinson there. Person is much at OT. And now is officially the 3rd Center.

lockdnram21

Legend
He has only taken reps at RG throught out the past 2 weeks at camp. The problem was they asked a 299 lb Mike Person to play LG rather than leaving Robinson there. Person is much at OT. And now is officially the 3rd Center.
I see why they put Robinson at LT. He's going to eventually be our LT so they wanted to see. I don't think he did to bad. He had the sack and 1 hurry. Besides that I think he was solid

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I see why they put Robinson at LT. He's going to eventually be our LT so they wanted to see. I don't think he did to bad. He had the sack and 1 hurry. Besides that I think he was solid

Yep, the guy moves freakishly fast for a 6'5" 330+ lb. guy. If Boudreau can truly coach him up, then we have an elite LT since Pace