Post Football Therapy: St. Louis Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
By Colin J. Liotta NFL.com
Published: Feb. 17, 2015 at 06:01 p.m.

Post Football Therapy

The 2014 season is in the books. For many fans, it was a rough one to watch. To help leave that season behind, we've got some reasons why 2015 will be a much better year for those teams that were left licking their wounds instead of hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

Another season, another losing record.

It seems to be the norm now in St. Louis with the Rams, but don't worry, sunny days are ahead... warm, Southern California sunny days maybe, but sunny nonetheless.

There's no hiding the fact that the Rams are one of the teams (if not the team) favored to move to Los Angeles. After all, owner Stan Kroenke is part of the team looking to build a new NFL stadium in Inglewood, Calif. So, unless he is looking to move the Colorado Mammoth of the National Lacrosse League out to the West Coast, things could get awkward fast in St. Louis.

But let's forget about that for now, Rams fans. This is an article that's supposed to help you look at the bright side of things! So here we go.

The Defenders

The Rams' offensive struggles have been a key sticking point in recent years, so it's easy to overlook what they've done on the other side of the ball. The Ramsdefense is on the verge of becoming one of the best in the league. In 2013, the Rams finished third in the league in sacks with 53, but finished tied for 13th last year with just 40. Don't forget, though, that they were without defensive end Chris Long for 10 games.

With Long back in the fold, the Rams will have one of the toughest defensive lines to deal with in 2015, especially when you factor in Robert Quinn and Defensive Rookie of the Year Aaron Donald. Quinn, at just 24 years old, has 40 sacks in the past three years, and Donald finished last season with nine. Plus, you have James Laurinaitisand Alec Ogletree patrolling the field at the linebacker position. If the Rams can find some stability at the quarterback position, they could easily threaten the Seattle Seahawks for the NFC West crown.

And speaking of quarterback...

Return of Bradford

Guess who's back... back again... Bradford's back... tell a friend.

That's right. Sam Bradford is coming back in 2015 (at least that's what the Rams are saying right now). That may seem like depressing news for Rams fans given that Bradford has played just seven games over the last two years due to two ACL tears in his knee, but it might not be as bad as you think.

First of all, the Rams' quarterback situation last year was embarrassing. The quarterback duo of Austin Davis and Shaun Hill made the Cleveland combo of Hoyer-Manziel look like Montana-Young. While Davis put up some big numbers from time to time, you knew he wasn't the franchise quarterback ready to lead your team for the next 10 years (although I'm sure many fans were hoping Davis was going to be Kurt Warner 2.0). Hill has been a journeyman his entire NFL career, and unless the Rams fall head over heels with a quarterback in the draft, Bradford is going to be your man under center heading into next season.

But that's all right. First of all, he's had the ACL in his knee repaired twice now, so third times a charm, right? Plus, Bradford put up some decent numbers prior to his injuries. In 2012 he finished the year with 3,702 passing yards to go along with 21 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. The following year, Bradford started seven games before getting hurt against the Carolina Panthers in Week 7 and threw for 14 touchdowns and just four interceptions during that time.

While Bradford's health is the main question mark for the Rams heading into 2015 (aside from their future in St. Louis) he's the best option going forward, even if he is just a stopgap. If Bradford can be a solid game manager and let the defense do their thing, the Rams could find themselves back in the postseason.

Dr. Tre

Even if your quarterback situation is touch and go right now, you have to be happy with the young running back you have in Tre Mason. The Auburn product finished his rookie season with 765 rushing yards and four touchdowns in just 12 games. Decent numbers for a rookie, but what was more impressive was that the Rams were 4-0 in games where Mason had 18-plus rush attempts, including wins over the Seahawks and Broncos. Look for the Rams to rely heavily on Mason next year as Bradford eases back into the offense. Based on how Mason played this year, he'll be up to the task.

There you have it, St. Louis fans. I know the postseason feels like a lifetime ago, but this team has all the pieces necessary to be a legitimate playoff contender next season. So enjoy 2015 because... well...

Just enjoy it, ok?

Colin J. Liotta is a Digital Features Editor at NFL.com. He's also a lover of comic books and abides by Dr. Egon Spengler's warning not to cross the streams. You can follow him on Twitter@TheSportsHero.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I know the writer thought he was being creative but its "Tre La Soul" not "Dr. Tre". Tre's dad is Vincent Mason from De La Soul (top left):
37526_de_la_soul_-_3_feet_high_and_rising_a.jpg

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
That's right. Sam Bradford is coming back in 2015 (at least that's what the Rams are saying right now). That may seem like depressing news for Rams fans given that Bradford has played just seven games over the last two years due to two ACL tears in his knee, but it might not be as bad as you think.
I'm not depressed.

I have tempered expectations for last year because of this and other factors, but I'm not depressed.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know the writer thought he was being creative but its "Tre La Soul" not "Dr. Tre". Tre's dad is Vincent Mason from De La Soul (top left):
Sure he wasn't playing off of "Dr Dre"?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I got the pun, I just think "Tre La Soul" is a bit more appropriate what with him being the son of a DJ
That's good research. I never knew that.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
That's good research. I never knew that.

I've been thinking it'd be fun to photoshop Tre and GRob onto the album cover, but I'm not sure who the 3rd Rams player would be... Saffold?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I've been thinking it'd be fun to photoshop Tre and GRob onto the album cover, but I'm not sure who the 3rd Rams player would be... Saffold?
Dude on the bottom looks like Cook, so...

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
@-X- Idk if you have listened to much De La Soul, but this is one of my favs. They sample the whistle from the end of "Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay" by Otis Redding and a great part from "Peg" by Steely Dan

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
@-X- Idk if you have listened to much De La Soul, but this is one of my favs. They sample the whistle from the end of "Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay" by Otis Redding and a great part from "Peg" by Steely Dan

I like it. Sounds like a mix of Tribe Called Quest and Kid N Play.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I like it. Sounds like a mix of Tribe Called Quest and Kid N Play.

Yeah. I love socially conscious hip-hop and rappers who in general just have a positive message. My favorite group of all-time is OutKast:

Just straight funky, southern vibes. Great instrumental with a harmonica solo by Andre 3000's step-dad.

Mind fucking fusion of hip-hop, rock, soul with 2 rapid-fire verses. I still to this day can't believe this song came out in 2000.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah. I love socially conscious hip-hop and rappers who in general just have a positive message.
Yeah, you and me both. Gangster rap makes me wanna puke. Pussies with guns. Gee, how badass you are.
I do like Outkast too. Tribe and Fugees used to my favorites. Love me some Lauryn Hill.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Yeah, you and me both. Gangster rap makes me wanna puke. Pussies with guns. Gee, how badass you are.
I do like Outkast too. Tribe and Fugees used to my favorites. Love me some Lauryn Hill.

I can tolerate gangster rap, but I have to be in the right mood. I like Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, 2Pac, 50 Cent to name a few, but I'm not sure if those guys are strictly gangster rap.

Love me some Lauryn Hill too :love:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I like everything this guys says. Ease Sam back in slowly. Let our (hopefully improved) OL open lanes for the TreBennyZack attack and win with ground game and a stout D until we are ready to open up the passing game. Ahh, the smell of optimism is in the air......

Oh, and I liked Del La Soul and Tribe as much as anyone, but also loved me some N.W.A. and Scarface back in the day!!