Positives from Bengals Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
A friendly reminder - the vent thread is open and available for ranting.

It wasn't as bad as the vent thread makes it out to be, of course. A number of positives in this game:
  • The Rams had his best 3rd down game in a while, converting 6/15, a very reasonable 40%.
  • He had 73 yards passing on 3rd down. Evenly spread among 4 quarters - no garbage yards to speak of.
  • Average distance to go on 3rd down was 7.7 yards. Shorter distance than Chi, Min, and Cle games. Longer than SF and Baltimore, though.
  • Foles had 3rd down completions of 16, 15, 14, and 12 yards. Easy to forget these.
  • I got what I asked for - Foles scrambled and tried to make a play on 3rd down rather than dumping it off for minimal gain. Of course, it turned into a pick 6. My bad. But overall, I'll take our 3rd down production compared to the previous 5 games.
  • Foles was 30/46 overall, his best of late.
  • Completions were made to 11 different receivers.
  • Austin was targeted 6 times, had 6 receptions. Tre Mason 7/7. We haven't seen a lot of this.
  • Got to see Manion and he looked fine. Don't care how good his numbers were, the defense was in prevent mode, but he looked the part.
  • Only 1 sack in the game. Remember we are playing 5th stringers in their 3rd positions of the year due to injuries.
  • Overall, we had equal number of 1st downs (19), only 31 fewer yards (346) and only 14 seconds less in time of possession than the Bengals. And this was with 3 turnovers.
All I'm saying is this game was better than the past 5 in many ways. I saw improvement in the passing game.
I've been very sick for the last week with the Flu, and this makes me feel 1000% better! Thanks!!
I'm hoping to be 100% By this Sundays game, in case they need me to come off the bench!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
A friendly reminder - the vent thread is open and available for ranting.

It wasn't as bad as the vent thread makes it out to be, of course. A number of positives in this game:
  • The Rams had his best 3rd down game in a while, converting 6/15, a very reasonable 40%.
  • He had 73 yards passing on 3rd down. Evenly spread among 4 quarters - no garbage yards to speak of.
  • Average distance to go on 3rd down was 7.7 yards. Shorter distance than Chi, Min, and Cle games. Longer than SF and Baltimore, though.
  • Foles had 3rd down completions of 16, 15, 14, and 12 yards. Easy to forget these.
  • I got what I asked for - Foles scrambled and tried to make a play on 3rd down rather than dumping it off for minimal gain. Of course, it turned into a pick 6. My bad. But overall, I'll take our 3rd down production compared to the previous 5 games.
  • Foles was 30/46 overall, his best of late.
  • Completions were made to 11 different receivers.
  • Austin was targeted 6 times, had 6 receptions. Tre Mason 7/7. We haven't seen a lot of this.
  • Got to see Manion and he looked fine. Don't care how good his numbers were, the defense was in prevent mode, but he looked the part.
  • Only 1 sack in the game. Remember we are playing 5th stringers in their 3rd positions of the year due to injuries.
  • Overall, we had equal number of 1st downs (19), only 31 fewer yards (346) and only 14 seconds less in time of possession than the Bengals. And this was with 3 turnovers.
All I'm saying is this game was better than the past 5 in many ways. I saw improvement in the passing game.
I like it.

On the day, Austin had 10 offensive touches for 96 yards and somewhere Schotty cried.
Mark Barron led the team in tackles with 10 (seven solo), so the absence of Ogletree doesn't have such a big sting.
Zach Hocker is a beast. Did you see that PAT? He could knock a gnat off of a water buffalo's ass from 60 yards out in swirling winds.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
why are you yelling at me through your computer screen
I'm Not!! Don't take it that way!! I Always print in Bold Font! Ask anyone!!
You've been around long enough to notice that! I'm just saying you are wrong about what happened in the Play!!