Ponce De Leon Lighthouse

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The seas were jacked yesterday, so the wife and I went booze cruising instead of fishing... there's never a problem catching a buzz in the intercoastal. I took this pic with my phone. Ponce De Leon lighthouse. I believe it's the second tallest lighthouse in the US.

2012-03-03145843.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Cool. I don't think the seas are going to be any better today either. It's windy as hell down here.
Maybe just sit in the harbor and get lit? :p

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah windy as hell, and now it's cold... 59 this morning,,, it was 87 degrees yesterday.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ah, so that's what all this rain is about. Cold front moving through. "Cold." :sly: Whatever.

I guess I'm too close to the equator though, because it didn't get chilly down here (yet).

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Ha ... "cold". I know.

I'm freezing when it gets below 70.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Quick question for ya'll. I'm getting married this summer and the in-laws are sending us to Panama City Beach for our honey moon. You guys have any tips on what to do for a good time in that area?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Warner4Prez said:
Quick question for ya'll. I'm getting married this summer and the in-laws are sending us to Panama City Beach for our honey moon. You guys have any tips on what to do for a good time in that area?
For your honeymoon? Hmm. If you leave the hotel room, I'm going to be SUPREMELY disappointed in you, Benny. :lol:

As far as what you can do there, you can visit the winery (if you're into that sorta thing), the beach (obviously), a water park, the zoo, and I think there's like a trip you can do/take to see Dolphins and possibly swim with them. There's some other stuff to do there too. Race city (if it's still there) is pretty cool. Go-karts, indoor mini-golf, games, etc. Again, I'm not sure how much time you'll have for all that though.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I stayed there a few years ago.

Calm beaches.

There was a bar right on the beach that kicked ass. Flo-Rida was there on a Friday night... open-air set up on the beach. They have bands there all the time.

The whole city is set-up for tourists. You'll have no trouble finding things to do. Everything is close by.

I was able to set-off mortar style fireworks right on the beach by the high-rise condo we stayed in. Bought the fireworks right up the street from where we stayed. Those things are illegal down here in Central FL. For good reason too,,, I fired one off in the sand ,,, turned to run,,, tripped and bit the dust face-first in the sand. It's not easy to get up quickly in loose sand. My nephew was only a baby as he watched me scramble to safety right before the mortar shot out. One of the first things he ever talked about in his life.... after he finally finished laughing.

You'll have a great time.