(Poll) Will the Niners Experience a Super Bowl Hangover?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Will the Niners Experience a Super Bowl Hangover?

• Hell yes. What kind of question is that when you know the answer?

Votes: 49 72.1%
  • No. The Niners are built to last. Jimmy G. is the shyte!

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Not only will they miss the playoffs, but the suck ass Cardinals will place above them!

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I haven't been watching too much sports media after the Super Bowl, but I remember how the 'experts' screeched that the Rams were falling off a cliff after a Super Bowl loss, but nary a word about a Niners teams that choked so hard with a 10 point lead and 9 minutes left in the last Super Bowl, only to lose. Time for avote, and explain why you voted that way.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
I answered hell yes, but I’m honestly not that confident. The west will be a blood bath this year. Their SB hangover may come in the version of a few close losses that doom their season...

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I answered hell yes, because I couldn't answer the second option due to the Jimmy G jock sniff.

But honestly, they are built pretty well, especially on defense. I think the biggest thing that will work against them (beyond their increased expectations) is the first place schedule. That definitely affected us last year (one of several things, of course).

I really want them to suck, but they'll likely be pretty good again. We just have to be better. Better than last year and better than them.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Is the Super Bowl hangover real? How past losers have fared next season, what it means for the 49er

History suggests that the 49ers' road back to the Super Bowl may be daunting. Only eight teams in NFL history -- the 1971 Cowboys, '72 Dolphins, the '73 Vikings, the '87 Broncos, the 1991-93 Bills and the 2018 Patriots -- have returned to the Super Bowl the year after losing the Big Game. And out of those teams, only the '71 Cowboys, '72 Dolphins and '18 Patriots were able to hoist the Lombardi Trophy a year after being on the short end of the Super Bowl scoreboard.

While getting back to the Super Bowl has proven to be a daunting task for the Super Bowl runner-up, simply making it back to the playoffs is also not a guarantee, as several recent runner-ups have failed to qualify for the postseason the year after playing in the Big Game.

Here's a look at how the previous 10 Super Bowl runner-ups fared during the following season....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ared-next-season-what-it-means-for-the-49ers/

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Jimmy G gets exposed and I think they will struggle. I can see them drop a game to each division rivals. They're not going to be surprising anyone this year. The target is on their back now but it will still be a dogfight playing them within the division.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
They should be so lucky.

As we all saw, SF does not have a franchise QB who can pull out a win in desperate circumstances against a formidable opponent.

I think we might have one in Goff.

Next year or two will tell.

This years "bottom of the barrel" OL gives Goff a pass

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am still considering ~ flv
@flv

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jimmy G string and the Niners, homer

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Once upon a time I had one rum and coke too many. Not only did I have a hangover but I couldn't think of a rum and coke for the next 10 to 15 years without getting queasy. That's what I'm hoping this hangover is like for the 9er's.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
If their OL falls apart and they decide to barely ever run the ball they will.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Damn right the Whiners are going to drop to the bottom of the barrel. I'm hoping that Kyler Murray has a Wilson-like game against the Whiners and Hags...and a shitty game against us.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sorry had to answer no, they are too good on the offensive & defensive lines and somehow none of their Assistant Coaches were poached.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We need to beat them straight up when we play. Just do that and everything else will take care of itself.

Stuff their run game and take advantage of their weak run defense. Play action and take shots. The recipe is good still and nothing has changed on that front we just need the players to do their jobs.

TexasRam

Legend
When healthy the Rams went toe to toe with the Niners.

The Niners losses at WR and DT were significant and they expect to fill them with rookies.

If Sherman stays healthy I see 10-6, otherwise 7-9.