(Poll) So who is the odd man out now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So who is the odd man out now?

• Keenum

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Foles

Votes: 84 90.3%
  • Mannion

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters

baconandbread

Let's get the Karty party starty
...what do you think the compensation for your choice will be? I think Mannion...we don't need two young QB's on the roster and they may be able to pull off a 4th for him.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
it will be either Foles or Keenum, which ever one they can get the most for. Foles has a higher upside but Keenum is cheaper. Im hoping for a 3rd but it will probably be a 5th.

Ram Man

Rookie
I've said before that Keenum will be the one most likely to be gone before the start of the regular season. He's the only one with any value at all.

Regardless, now that the Rams have made the draft pick trade, it hurts their negotiating position in trying to trade their existing QB's. Other teams now know the Rams have no real interest in any of the QB's on their roster.

The trade for the #1 pick also says a lot about how much the Rams like Mannion.

baconandbread

Let's get the Karty party starty
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
While I think Foles is the most logical choice, I don't think someone will give up more than a 6th or 7th, he probably has the least value of the three...really hope I'm wrong :)

Last edited:

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I think it's Foles......
He just seems to have imploded.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Keenum is way too valuable as a starter/backup. Let's see if Wentz will actually be able to start this season. Besides, no one's gonna trade more than a 6th for Keenum so why bother trading him with his value as above.

People are valuing these backup QBs way too much. Foles, with his base salary, actually makes him even less desirable in a trade so I think the best you get is a 7th (hell, even with a better salary I don't see him getting better than a 6th). Mannion, depreciation is a b*tch. Anyone thinking we could trade him for one round less than we got him is crazy. I'd say Mannion for a 5th, definitely a 6th is a possibility.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Keenum is way too valuable as a starter/backup. Let's see if Wentz will actually be able to start this season. Besides, no one's gonna trade more than a 6th for Keenum so why bother trading him with his value as above.

People are valuing these backup QBs way too much. Foles, with his base salary, actually makes him even less desirable in a trade so I think the best you get is a 7th (hell, even with a better salary I don't see him getting better than a 6th). Mannion, depreciation is a b*tch. Anyone thinking we could trade him for one round less than we got him is crazy. I'd say Mannion for a 5th, definitely a 6th is a possibility.
Agree.
Teams know Foles hits waivers at some point. Rams might get the most value for him during camp if another team losses a QB. They keep Keenum.
Mannion is the wildcard. Will they keep 3QB's on the 53 is the question. I'm sure they'd like to keep his a long term backup, but if there's a player at another position they really wan't to keep or injuries somewhere else they might need his roster spot for another position.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Foles to Dallas or Kansas City for a 5th....Keenum & Mannion will be excellent back-ups for Carson Wentz!
275353188001_4844158731001_vs-570e6c1ee4b0036e17551e24-782203293001.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yep, Foles is going to be traded SOON to allow the Rams another chance to draft a passing game weapon. Our QB room will look like...

Wentz>Keenum/Mannion

or

Goff>Keenum/Mannion

Rams suddenly are going to have a very nice QB room.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
We could trade either guy at this point, they are both under contract for basically only this season as it is.

A55VA6

Legend
Foles. Trade him for a draft pick.

Keenum is still a good option to have in case something goes wrong. ;)
Mannion is still a guy we can develop.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Keenum isn't going anywhere. Fisher loves him, he knows the offense, he can still be groomed while being the #2, has more experience than Mannion and the rookie coming in.

Foles is the obvious choice.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Other teams now know the Rams have no real interest in any of the QB's on their roster.

That's a bit over the top. We can't even say they are planning on starting a rookie. I suspect Fisher is being honest when he said not having a QB competition last season was a mistake and I don't see him making that mistake again.

Keenum, at this time, is the only valuable QB2 even if the rookie started. Mannion may be able to win that role, but it has yet to be seen. I see Foles as odd man out myself. His potential is zero comparatively.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
I don't see them getting anything for Foles. He may be cut after the draft, so why would anyone in their right minds pay anything for him. I don't see the Rams keeping him as their backup. Who ever they draft has to win the job plus we don't know what Mannion is.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
it will be either Foles or Keenum, which ever one they can get the most for. Foles has a higher upside but Keenum is cheaper. Im hoping for a 3rd but it will probably be a 5th.

This. I think the Rams will keep sitting on Mannion in hope of raising his value.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I vote Mannion because of Foles' salary( he's gone in 2017) is not attractive for being a questionable backup and Keenum is now the safety valve. I think Mannion may bring a 5th round pick or maybe the Rams can move up in the draft using a pick and Mannion. But the question will be why the Rams were willing to give up so much draft capital for a new QB when Mannion was there.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Foles, There is no future here and he has proven that beyond a shadow of a doubt!
The others all have a use or an upside.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While the economics can change based on trade offers, I think Mannion is safe - he is the only QB on the roster who is under contract for more than 2016, so he will at least be a cheap backup. Keenum is the best starting option on the roster - and Fisher will want a solid backup for the rookie. However, his money is not guaranteed, and the 1.75 million Foles is yet to receive is. But I suspect they will get whatever they can for Foles, although it may not be until training camp or at least close to it, and it may only be a conditional 2017. And if nothing is offered, they could keep Foles around in case of injury until later in training camp.

If Denver offers enough for Keenum, especially before or during the draft, the thinking could change. I think the Rams would take pick #63 for him now, or even several mid round picks to allow holes to be filled.