Plane carrying KHL team Lokomotiv Yaroslavl crashes.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Among the dead are St. Louis Blues alumni Pavol Demitra and Igor Korolev. This is quite possibly one of - if not the - worst crashes that's involved a sports team, since every member of the team, along with four members of their youth club, were on the plane when it crashed. Only one member of Lokomotiv Yaroslavl (Alexander Galimov) and a crew member survived, and they're both in grave condition.

Other players that were among the dead include Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon (Lokomotiv's head coach), Karlis Skrastins, and Josef Vasicek.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/professional/article_3d13d770-d956-11e0-8956-0019bb30f31a.html

My thoughts? What could I possibly say that would adequately express my thoughts? I watched all of those guys (except for McCrimmon, and I knew him as a coach) play when I was a kid. Guys like Demitra, Korolev, Al MacInnis, Chris Pronger, Jochen Hecht, Michael Handzus, Dallas Drake, Keith Tkachuk, Doug Weight...those are the guys I watched. I watched them play against guys like Salei and Skrastins. That just makes it even more heartbreaking.

Rest in peace...

bluecoconuts

Legend
I loved Pavol Demitra when he was with the Kings, horrible news. It's been a really tough season for hockey with player deaths. Three suicides, and now this.