Pivotal Songs in your Life

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My list is personal and the meaning of these songs may not be the intent of the artist (or it may be). Give us your Top Songs and why. These songs are chronological milestones in my life and not necessarily a ranking.

1. AC/DC Back in Black:
First rock album that I embraced that expressed a difference between myself and my parents. as a teen.

2. Hank Williams Jr.'s "A Country Boy Can Survive."
I am a city boy and I couldn't run a trout line without google. I do have a shotgun and a 4-wheel drive (now). It was my first few months alone in the Navy trying to figure out how to make it under stressful cirumstances. This is a survival song for me when I was 18yrs old and on my own, 2000 miles from anyone on whom I could rely.

3. ZZ Top's "Gimme All Your Lovin."
Actually the whole Eliminator album was when I was starting to feel more secure in the Navy. I ended up liking their older stuff for you ZZ Top purists, but this was my first.

4. Tone LoC's "Funky Cold Medina."
I was aboard ship and I liked to break the mold in which people liked to categorize me. A white boy with Buddy Holly-like birth control glasses who was quiet, all of sudden was rapping Funky Cold Medina among black shipmates. Ha! I am not really a rap fan, but I like the humor of this rap song. Also, Salt -N - Peppa's "Push It" for the same reason.

5. George Thorogood And the Destroyers' "Bad to the Bone."
Working like a fool as a Greyhound Driver, but on my off time it was craft beers and Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk and this song. Don't judge!

6. T-Rex's "Bang a Gong."
The significance of older songs sometimes strike me differently from when they were popular. Although released in the early 70's, this is the song I connect with the 1999 Super Bowl winning St Louis Rams.

7. Aerosmith's "Dream On," and Bachman-Turner Overdrive's "Takin' Care of Business."
I was never good at school and graduated High School by the skin of my teeth. My wife and mine's small business started doing well and she was worried constantly with my being on the road. I was breaking down physically and mentally from overwork by driving commercial vehicles and when I walked away from it, I was done. I loved doing it, but I had a million commercial miles under my belt and my "fun meter was pegged." I tried to write a dystopian novel, but I felt that I didn't have the tools to do it. I felt that even if I had written it, who would buy it from an ex-bus drivin', know nothin', wanna be author? I didn't have the alphabet soup initials after my name, so no one would take me seriously. At least I felt this way, right or wrong.

With more self awareness than I had as a kid, I exerted the work ethic I had gained over my life and attacked University and put no limitations on myself. Well, I found my limit in internediate level Computer programming and Calculus II. I wanted to become an actuary and now that was done. I remembered an early American History teacher telling me that I should consider a major in History for which I saw as a money loser. I wanted to be an actuarial pro that wrote fiction on the side. I realized that with my interests in family geneaology and the lack of knowledge of their place in the city's history in which they lived in the early 1900's, angered me. No one knew who they were and they were a large family in the hey day of the town. They were lost in the dust bin of history and I determined to raise their memory from the dead and so I would get degree(s) that would help me do that. I am near the end and the above songs helped me to succeed beyond anything I ever thought I could do when I was a kid. I listened to the above songs many times when I was tired of University or feeling like giving up.

Ok, now you know a little more about me. What is your story along with your pivotal songs?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My first break-up as a teenager happened while “Faithfully” by Journey was on the radio. I still can’t listen to that song. You don’t know angst and depression until you’ve been dumped by the only girl you ever loved.

Probably could have stopped cheating on her, but that’s beside the point. It hurt like hell.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My first break-up as a teenager happened while “Faithfully” by Journey was on the radio. I still can’t listen to that song. You don’t know angst and depression until you’ve been dumped by the only girl you ever loved.

Probably could have stopped cheating on her, but that’s beside the point. It hurt like hell.
That's great!

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When we fell in love "Hello its me." was playing in the background. It became our song. When she walked out of my life many years later " Same Old Lang Syne." Was playing. Had just come out. Both songs still tear me up.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Come on man how do you expect us concert going burnouts to remember lol.

Thunderstuck.Ac

Heroes, Bowie.

Baby please don't go. Nugent.

Mexican Blackbird and Pearl Necklace. ZZ Top.

Under Pressure. Bowie Queen.

Oz was Off the Charts for years.best concert was Crazy Train Rhodes and the Bassist came out of jail like cells,rocking and Oz came off a chair going Huhha Hun, All aboard ,them the musicans all started rocking.

My song,Diary of a Madman,never got much attention, but it's me.

Queen who wants to live forever,great band. Never could watch after Freddie passed, just like Ac when Bon passed.

Angus was 1 Hell of a showman and energy ,off the charts.

Springsteen, his concerts lasted hours,Thunderoad was my song.

Floyd the Wall, this that etc etc,I'll take Mother and the whole wall album.

Like I've posted before been to hundreds, need to stop.

O Neil and Jam Keep on Rocking in the Free World, Neil made the concert,Jam just plays standard stuff. While Neil gives the real show.

Gotta give Props to Neil, very very bad back like Clapton, but he comes to play like a 20 year old.

Just the beginning lol.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone

Mine was Don't stop believing.

Perry and Neal were Fing Awesome.

Lord now I'm thinking of Europa because Neal was Carlos's back up in Santana.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm younger than you old SOB's, So the world was a little different.

I grew up with Rocker style parents. They would get together with their friends, throw parties with a cloud of pot smoke in the house and Quiet Riot and the likes on the radio. So, I've always had a love for 80s hair bands. But never got into anything earlier.

I was on the Original Rams Forum on their old website. I was 15-16 years old 2000 or 2001. One of the posters name JimmyRam mentioned a song, "Solsbury Hill"-Peter Gabriel. I got on Kazaa and downloaded it. An hour later I listened to the song that changed it all for me. To this day, this is my favorite song. It opened my mind to 60's and 70's music. It changed completely what I thought "Rock and Roll" was.

Then, there is the breakup song. My first serious GF. About two years worth of relationship I guess. I caught her fucking a Sheriff....punk ass MF. Lol...well about that time I heard Kenny Roger's "I Can't Unlove You". Still shake my head when I hear it.

The Outfield-"Your Love" was the song that takes me back to some of the best years of my life, with great friends, parties and fun.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
1. My introduction to "American" music back in 2000.

2. Introduction to the rap scene circa 2001

3. Starting watching WWF/WWE and introduced to rock around 2003

4. One of the last rap songs I ever liked, around 2006

5. Became a Swiftie as a college freshman 2007/2008

6. The show Vikings came around in 2011 and started liking Wardruna

7. Marvel and other movies really started taking off and introduced me to classic rock...2012-2018

8. My love of movie original scores grew, and is now my primary choice of music

fearsomefour

Legend

That first getting dumped is a special kind of angst.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That first getting dumped is a special kind of angst.
lol. It really is, man. And then you see her dating some other dude, and they're being all affectionate and shit. And then you start thinking about that dude sexing up your woman, and you're like, "Welp. Guess I have to fucking kill people. This is my life. I'm a killer now."

fearsomefour

Legend
lol. It really is, man. And then you see her dating some other dude, and they're being all affectionate and shit. And then you start thinking about that dude sexing up your woman, and you're like, "Welp. Guess I have to fucking kill people. This is my life. I'm a killer now."
“I wish I had a choice but I clearly don’t.
Oh hey, who’s that new girl?”

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
hilatious...lol

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
1970. Cecilia Simon and Garfunkel. The first record I ever purchased. Also the only 45 I would ever buy.

Nights in White Satin, Stairway to Heaven. One or both of these songs would be the last songs played at the high school dances. Since I was one of the few guys who would "fast" dance with the girls, finding a partner for these two was pretty easy.

Like a Rock. Bob Seeger. Came to be my personal song. Whenever life would throw shit at me, I will play this in my car/truck and sing along and life didn't seem to be so bad anymore.

How do I live without you? LeAnn Rhimes. Yeah, not the Trish Yearwood version. My wife's and my song. With my wife being a pilot we spend about 15-20 days a month separated, so the time we spend together used wisely.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Nice Post Loyal.

Raptor mentioned Nights in White Satin, awesome.

I would go to my Grandmothers house after Grandfather passed and we would listen to Live At the Red Rock by the Moody Blues.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In The Air Tonight —- Phil Collins
Black —— Pearl Jam
Moving In Stereo —- The Cars
I’m In The Mood —- Robert Plant
Wicked Games —- Chris Isaac
I Can Only Imagine —- Mercy Me
Straight Outta Compton —- NWA
Numb —- Linkin Park

Another 50 or so...I love music