Pick #233 - Rams select RB Jake Funk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Fair enough we will see, but I like the helmets with "Terps" on them that Maryland Flag is just over the top IMHO and nobody outside the State knows what the hell it is.
State flag baby!!! Go TERPS!!! Fear the Turtle!!! Hell in a Shell!!!
mdua.jpg

Tano

Legend
I can't stand this pick for so many reasons and most of it has nothing to do with Jake Funk, but unless he's the second coming of Norwood Van (special teams) I believe Funk will be cut. Really what does he offer besides a feel good story and Maryland with those ludicrous helmets doesn't make it any better.

Remember when the Rams drafted Sam Rogers from Virginia Tech? Everybody loved him and he was the first one out of the locker room and the first one cut. Funk IMO, offers the same and I just don't get the selection....I will be the first to post it...Funk----
7th round players to me are just drafted UDFA players - maybe you get a diamond but most likely a piece of coal

dang

Legend
“Oww, we want the Funk, give up the Funk
Oww, we need the Funk, we gotta have that Funk” George Clinton

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Welcome to the horns Mr. Funk!

Cool story to overcome two ACLs and finish strong at Maryland. Gotta tip the cap to a guy like that. I do love the underdogs. He sure gets up to his full speed quickly, so he's got enough burst to win a depth chart spot if he can kill it on teams.

Does seem like the kind of guy who would be fine with laying out some FB blocks for the RB. Gonna be fun to see him try to make this roster.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Huh, lived here 50 years and never heard LA being known as the ‘city of lights’.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Huh, lived here 50 years and never heard LA being known as the ‘city of lights’.

City of angels, for sure, though. Maybe that's how they got to 'city of lights'.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Jim Morrison made it the City of Light

Well, I just got into town about an hour ago
Took a look around, see which way the wind blow
Where the little girls in their Hollywood bungalows
Are you a lucky little lady in the city of light
Or just another lost angel, city of night
City of night, city of night, city of night, woo, come on

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I believe the main reason Funk was drafted is to replace Malcolm Brown as Stafford's bodyguard. Akers and Henderson are unreliable at picking up blitz's and at pass pro on 3rd and longs.

First time Rams are 3rd and long, Funk will be in the backfield ready to pick of the blitz. Not Akers. Not Henderson. Funk will be the 1st rookie to see the field.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I believe the main reason Funk was drafted is to replace Malcolm Brown as Stafford's bodyguard. Akers and Henderson are unreliable at picking up blitz's and at pass pro on 3rd and longs.

First time Rams are 3rd and long, Funk will be in the backfield ready to pick of the blitz. Not Akers. Not Henderson. Funk will be the 1st rookie to see the field.

Funk will be our kick returner.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Jim Morrison made it the City of Light

Well, I just got into town about an hour ago
Took a look around, see which way the wind blow
Where the little girls in their Hollywood bungalows
Are you a lucky little lady in the city of light
Or just another lost angel, city of night
City of night, city of night, city of night, woo, come on

Paris - Jim Morrison still lives there.God rest his soul.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Seems to have good vision, down hill runner good lean falls forward.

Rooting for him to make splash.

Anyone got film of him returning kicks?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Seems to have good vision, down hill runner good lean falls forward.

Rooting for him to make splash.

Anyone got film of him returning kicks?

I saw him on the NFL network before the draft.He came across as hungry and willing.Very focused on making a roster.In the video you see how keeps the ball in tight.
This kid from Notre Dame is going to surprise for folks.Turu as well.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's a smooth, strong athlete. It's a shame he's got a couple bum knees. If he can stay healthy I could definitely see him sticking on the roster and maybe carving out a niche with this team.

Wonder how he will look on swing passes and wheel routes. But either way this team really does have some intriguing possibilities on the depth chart with some really nice battles ahead in camp which means the end result should be strong across the board.