Philly interested in trading Mychal Kendricks?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stel

Starter
Read a blurb (of unknown veracity) that indicates Philadelphia may trade him before the draft. While short for a LB, the kid can play. Has been mainly an ILB for Philly but I think he has played outside, too. Interesting. I thought he was one of the good young LBs. Maybe just not a fit in Philly's 3-4?

paceram

Pro Bowler
Read a blurb (of unknown veracity) that indicates Philadelphia may trade him before the draft. While short for a LB, the kid can play. Has been mainly an ILB for Philly but I think he has played outside, too. Interesting. I thought he was one of the good young LBs. Maybe just not a fit in Philly's 3-4?

Really like him (And, his brother Eric as well!)! Too bad the Rams couldn't get the Eagles to include him in the Bradford trade (OK - I know that is getting greedy!)!

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Interesting. I'd probably give a 3rd for both him and Evan Mathis in a package deal. Throw in Chris Givens too if they want.

Makes no sense why they want DeMeco Ryans but not Kendricks though.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think Kelly is on a mission to destroy that team and give the finger to that city before he leaves. Philly is a tough city to coach in. Maybe they hurt his feelings.

He traded a previously successful QB for a QB with an injury history coming off an ACL. He traded a top three RB for a linebacker with bad knees. He let his two best receivers go, now he wants to trade his best linebacker and his best Olineman. To top it off he just signed Tebow.

It really seems like he is trying to ruin that team. Consider how desimating that would be to the Rams if our coach traded away similar quality players.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I think Kelly is on a mission to destroy that team and give the finger to that city before he leaves. Philly is a tough city to coach in. Maybe they hurt his feelings.

He traded a previously successful QB for a QB with an injury history coming off an ACL. He traded a top three RB for a linebacker with bad knees. He let his two best receivers go, now he wants to trade his best linebacker and his best Olineman. To top it off he just signed Tebow.

It really seems like he is trying to ruin that team. Consider how desimating that would be to the Rams if our coach traded away similar quality players.
I agree, and you have to think that any semblance of team chemistry must be shot by all of these changes at key positions...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Please fucking let him destroy the team. We need that high second round pick from them, since we're picking at #64.

Personally, I think the only good thing he did was trade McCoy for Alonso. Remember that Alonso had almost 159 tackles, two sacks, four picks, and a forced fumble in his rookie year. If he's healthy, they'd gladly take a top five inside linebacker over McCoy, who was replaced by Murray and Matthews, who both will excel in a two-back system.

Also, trading Mychal Kendricks is one of the dumbest things they could do. With him, Alonso, Barwin, Cox, and Logan, they have a good young front seven. And they have good cornerbacks in Thurmond, Maxwell, and Boykin. I wouldn't take DeMeco Ryans over Kendricks right now. Hell, I'd trade Riley Cooper and draft a wide receiver before I'd trade Kendricks if I was them.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Please freaking let him destroy the team. We need that high second round pick from them, since we're picking at #64.

Personally, I think the only good thing he did was trade McCoy for Alonso. Remember that Alonso had almost 159 tackles, two sacks, four picks, and a forced fumble in his rookie year. If he's healthy, they'd gladly take a top five inside linebacker over McCoy, who was replaced by Murray and Matthews, who both will excel in a two-back system.

Also, trading Mychal Kendricks is one of the dumbest things they could do. With him, Alonso, Barwin, Cox, and Logan, they have a good young front seven. And they have good cornerbacks in Thurmond, Maxwell, and Boykin. I wouldn't take DeMeco Ryans over Kendricks right now. Hell, I'd trade Riley Cooper and draft a wide receiver before I'd trade Kendricks if I was them.

I agree with all of what you said, except about Alonso/McCoy. I like Murray bet LeSean McCoy is the better runningback. And despite Alonso's great production (I had him mocked to the Rams the year he came out but so I do like him), he had. Torn ACL in college, offseason hip surgery, and he injured his knee again. I would take a healthy McCoy over a very good LBer with a serious injury history.

I too hope that they crash and burn and the Rams get the first pick in round 2 next year.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Glad he's not coaching our team. At some point any team's gonna need continuity with core players in order to sustain success. The nature of the NFL and college football are two entirely different animals, and he'll set a perfect example as to why stability is important in professional leagues.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
It would be a disaster if his crazy moves came together and made a super bowl contender team with Bradford running the number 1 offense in the NFC.

jjab360

Legend
I can't even begin to understand Chip Kelly's thought process. At first he was giving away all his good, young offensive talent because he thinks he can fit anyone into his system and he needed the extra cap space to sign good defensive players. But now he's trading good, young defensive talent, too?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just realized that I will have two favorite teams this year! The Rams and the Eagles opponents each week.

After a couple of years of rooting for the Redskins' opponents - and a lifetime of rooting for the 49ers' opponents?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...bsent-from-start-of-eagles-offseason-program/

Mychal Kendricks absent from start of Eagles offseason program
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on April 21, 2015

mychal-kendricks.jpg
Getty Images

Offensive lineman Evan Mathis wasn’t the only player absent from the start of the Philadelphia Eagles offseason program on Monday.

According to CSNPhilly.com, linebacker Mychal Kendricks was also a no-show at the Eagles facility.

Per Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News, Kendricks had a scheduled trip planned and will join the offseason program soon. Kendricks’ instagram account appears to show him on vacation in Costa Rica.

The offseason workouts are voluntary and there is no penalty for missing the start of conditioning season.

With the addition of Kiko Alonso this offseason, just how the Eagles will work their linebackers onto the field remains to be seen. Alonso, Kendricks and DeMeco Ryans all are capable inside linebackers. Kendricks appeared in 12 games with 11 starts last year for Philadelphia. He recorded 83 tackles with four sacks and three forced fumbles.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I agree, and you have to think that any semblance of team chemistry must be shot by all of these changes at key positions...
Read somewhere that he has no regard for the players and they're treated as commodities, I'll try and find the article link again and post the link...

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Read somewhere that he has no regard for the players and they're treated as commodities, I'll try and find the article link again and post the link...
Sounds very much like a college coach mentality. He's used to working with high roster turnover every year.
Doubt it will work at this level though. Players can get by on athletic talent alone at college level. It requires a hell of a lot more than that, team chemistry included, to be successful in the NFL.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Next year JL's salary takes a big jump while his 'dead money' CAP hit will be reduced. There is also the matter of Hayes & Sims becoming free agents and dealing with Chris Long's huge CAP hit in 2016. At this point i'd prefer to extend Long than doing the same for JL, but we'll see how this season plays out as JL did look more comfortable in a few of those games last season once he got his head around what Williams was trying to accomplish. He also had some not so great games earlier in the year.
Maybe we could kill two birds with one stone trading down our 10 pick for the Eagles 20 pick while picking up LG Mathis & MLB Kendricks, perhaps adding another 3'rd round draft pick as well. Mathis has 2 years left & Kendricks would be on his contract year, but both are quite talented, and each of them have been mentioned as trade bait. Either way, I don't see Laurinaitis going anywhere in 2015.
jmo.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It really seems like he is trying to ruin that team.
No "seems" or "trying" to it...He has completely torn down the team Andy Reid built for his own selfish reasons....

Personally, I think the only good thing he did was trade McCoy for Alonso. Remember that Alonso had almost 159 tackles, two sacks, four picks, and a forced fumble in his rookie year. If he's healthy, they'd gladly take a top five inside linebacker over McCoy
I liked Kiko too, but he played behind one of the best defensive lines ever assembled...Reminds me of what we're trying to do here...In fact, it's the reason I'm so hard on our LB's....Playing behind Brockers, Donald, Quinn, and whoever....Long when healthy, our LB's should be like Kiko...making all sorts of plays...Kiko will not find the going so easy at Philly.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Sounds very much like a college coach mentality. He's used to working with high roster turnover every year.
Doubt it will work at this level though. Players can get by on athletic talent alone at college level. It requires a hell of a lot more than that, team chemistry included, to be successful in the NFL.
Yep, didn't think of it like that, college coach. good call. Why should he be loyal, new kids coming in all the time...