PFW's Exclusive Draft Value Chart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Posted April 06, 2012 @ 1:11 p.m. ET
By Nolan Nawrocki
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/0 ... ue-chart-7

[hil]The value board below is based on considerable feedback from NFL teams and projects the league value of players, pinpointing a specific area where players likely will be drafted. It is important to note that these values do not reflect where PFW thinks the players should be drafted or what type of pros they will become[/hil]; that is better reflected in PFW's grades. Each round is divided into three parts: A (early), B (middle) and C (late). Thus, 2B signifies the middle of the second round. Players may be drafted higher or lower based on team needs and fits within certain schemes. The value board may not list the exact number of players in a round as there are actual selections. In some cases, more players are listed than will be drafted, especially in later rounds, because of the very minor difference between late-round draft picks and priority free agents.

[pfwtable][/pfwtable]

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Thanks for posting that X. Good stuff.

Couple of things I found interesting.
1)Rueben Randle being in the first round, ahead of Hill and Wright
2)Cordy Glenn being listed as an OT and being ahead of Decastro and Reiff
3)Zebrie Sanders being so far down(5b)
4)Fletcher Cox as the top DT
5)Travis Lewis and Jared Crick being so low. Id gladly use a 5th round pick on either of them

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Great chart X. Going by that, I'd say if the Rams were to go RB or WR in the 1st round, they'd have to go with DT/LB in the 2nd to get starters. Thoughts?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ramhusker said:
Great chart X. Going by that, I'd say if the Rams were to go RB or WR in the 1st round, they'd have to go with DT/LB in the 2nd to get starters. Thoughts?
Yep. Or vice-versa.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I would love to have Jonathan Martin if he landed in the second round like this chart is saying.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
When I watched the "Sport Science " clips on Blackmon I remarked that the guy who was throwing him the ball was making him look awfully good, hitting him in stride.
If Blackmon is a 1A he owes a lot of it to 2A Weeden

CB Janoris Jenkins is tool of a human being....BUT he's maybe the best cover corner in this draft
and plays the game a LOT like our own Courtland Finnegan.
Jenkins is this drafts "Honey Badger"...that kid will come up and TACKLE!
Claiborne?...not so much. ;)
Jenkins and Kirkpatrick are as good or better than Claiborne. imo

If you watch the clips of Jenkins vs Jones & Green, etc... he plays them HARD.
[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MsHc2hr6nPo[/YouTube]
He's in their hip pocket the entire game!! Jenkins is just AWESOME!!

The list has him going in the 2nd round only due to his "TOOL-ness"...but he may be a good teammate. I dunno.
But the many dope arrests and 4 kids w/3 woman.....don't seem to allow him to focus on just football!
I don't care about the pot too much(i'm for legalizing it) unless it affects his football day job.

I'd be very tempted to draft Jenkins with one of the 2nd round picks....
since Fisher is no longer constrained by 4 Pillars!
btw -
I'm a huge fan of Spags' 4 Pillars, so I'm pushing it by even having the kid on my draft board.
I just feel that a players private life is just THAT....private!
And should not be considered unless it vastly affects a guys ability to do his job.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
SunTzu.v.Camus said:
CB Janoris Jenkins is tool of a human being....BUT he's maybe the best cover corner in this draft
and plays the game a LOT like our own Courtland Finnegan.
Jenkins is this drafts "Honey Badger"...that kid will come up and TACKLE!
Claiborne?...not so much. ;)
Jenkins and Kirkpatrick are as good or better than Claiborne. imo

If you watch the clips of Jenkins vs Jones & Green, etc... he plays them HARD.
[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MsHc2hr6nPo[/YouTube]
He's in their hip pocket the entire game!! Jenkins is just AWESOME!!

The list has him going in the 2nd round only due to his "TOOL-ness"...but he may be a good teammate. I dunno.
But the many dope arrests and 4 kids w/3 woman.....don't seem to allow him to focus on just football!
I don't care about the pot too much(i'm for legalizing it) unless it affects his football day job.

I'd be very tempted to draft Jenkins with one of the 2nd round picks....
since Fisher is no longer constrained by 4 Pillars!
btw -
I'm a huge fan of Spags' 4 Pillars, so I'm pushing it by even having the kid on my draft board.
I just feel that a players private life is just THAT....private!
And should not be considered unless it vastly affects a guys ability to do his job.

I don't know about Jenkins. He had to go to the University of North "THUG" Alabama just to finish out his college playing days. He might be better than Claiborne but having to keep a body guard on him 24/7 to try and avoid NFL suspensions might be too much of a distraction. Besides, I think we are hurting for DT and OLB much worse than CB.

Ramhusker said:
I think we are hurting for DT and OLB much worse than CB.

no doubt! I'm in agreement. I do agree that we are in desperate need for DTs & OLBs...many of them!
Just thinkin BPA kinda thing regarding Jenkins and we have no CB opposite Finnegan other than a rookie Murphy
(Fletcher will be PuP'd until late in the season).

If, ONLY if, Jenkins issues are reasonably not football related(he's a good teammate/not a selfish turd, etc....
his value for the 2nd round would be off the charts and worthy of consideration. imo

However, I doubt he falls past the Bengals with their TWO 1st round picks! ;)

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
SunTzu.v.Camus said:

Jenkins has personal issues that go well beyond drugs and women. He also got arrested for a fight(the police actually had to taser him). Punched a guy on the field at UNA too.

He is similar to Finnegan only in skill, not attitude. Finnegan is a great off the field guy and plays aggressively but doesnt cross the line.

We have scheduled him for a predraft visit but IMO he wont make it to the second. A lot of teams have taken him off their boards or dropped his grade because of his personal issue, but some team will be stupid enough to ignore that stuff and draft him only on talent.

Ramhusker said:
yea go with brockers!!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I agree with most of the chart. i have already argued Cordy Glenn, and had Massie as a steal in the third, which is where a lot of services had him when I did my mock. This is how I set up my board when I do a final mock the day before the draft usually, so I can chart the needs and values as the draft goes.

Based on this board. I would draft.

1. WR Justin Blackmon. Kalil is gone, it's who I really want. Richardson is gone.
2a. OT Bobbie Massie. He still looks like he could possibly be a future LT starter with some work, but could step in a RT immediately.
2b. DT Kendall Reyes. Thought he would be gone at this time. If he is, bring on the Ta'amoooo, or Thompson.
3. LB Michael Kendricks. Gives us 3 quality starters...bam, went a long way to fixing that group.
4. RB Bernard Pierce. Jackson's eventual replacement. Pierce, who showed good hands at the combine, could add a little sizzle to the running game.
6. S Brandon Taylor. Very productive safety in all areas of the field. He's fast and physical.
7a. LB Tank Carder. A steal here.
7b. DT Nicolas Jean-Baptiste. The Rams make a man out of him.

Remember, I based this on this chart. I don't think it would fall like that, but man, I'd be happy. Thoughts?

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
DR RAM said:
I agree with most of the chart. i have already argued Cordy Glenn, and had Massie as a steal in the third, which is where a lot of services had him when I did my mock. This is how I set up my board when I do a final mock the day before the draft usually, so I can chart the needs and values as the draft goes.

1. WR Justin Blackmon. Kalil is gone, it's who I really want. Richardson is gone.
2a. OT Bobbie Massie. He still looks like he could possibly be a future LT starter with some work, but could step in a RT immediately.
2b. DT Kendall Reyes. Thought he would be gone at this time. If he is, bring on the Ta'amoooo, or Thompson.
3. LB Michael Kendricks. Gives us 3 quality starters...bam, went a long way to fixing that group.
4. RB Bernard Pierce. Jackson's eventual replacement. Pierce, who showed good hands at the combine, could add a little sizzle to the running game.
6. S Brandon Taylor. Very productive safety in all areas of the field. He's fast and physical.

Remember, I based this on this chart. I don't think it would fall like that, but man, I'd be happy. Thoughts?

I would love that draft, my only question is what would our starting OL be.
Saffold, Turner ?, Wells, Dahl, Massie ?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
DR RAM said:

It would be hard to argue that draft.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Cullen Bryant said:
DR RAM said:

I would love that draft, my only question is what would our starting OL be.
Saffold, Turner ?, Wells, Dahl, Massie ?

Saffold, Smith, Wells, Dahl, Massie,=.

Smith's last chance and the perfect spot to prove himself. I think he could succeed here.