PFT "State of the Franchise" LA Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Not sure I am gonna fall for this one...

dang

Legend
Look at the Court Jester taking up for the Rams a bit. The Fool on the Hill remains the same.
Day after day
Alone on a hill
The man with the foolish grin is keeping perfectly still
But nobody wants to know him
They can see that he's just a fool.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Look at the Court Jester taking up for the Rams a bit. The Fool on the Hill remains the same.
Day after day
Alone on a hill
The man with the foolish grin is keeping perfectly still
But nobody wants to know him
They can see that he's just a fool.
We're definitely going to roll up for the Mystery Tour this year though.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Omg the nonsense.

"They lost Gurley and Cooks! What are they gonna do?!"

Gurley had 900 yards rushing. Cooks had 300 yards receiving. Yeah huge production there.

"They lost Wade!"

Rams haven't had a top ten defense in years , including under Wade.

"Somebody's gotta fall behind on this division!"

Mcvay was 1 field goal away from sweeping the Seahawks two years in a row. He's never lost to the Cardinals. And he was 2 blown 3rd and 13s away from beating the niners. Now we're chopped liver.

Whatever. This is where we need to be. We were to accustomed to respect last year. Let's get back to earning it.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
looks like florio waited for the reddit rams off season recap to do this. They posted it yesterday and this comes out today lol.

oldnotdead

Legend
This guy has a well documented bias against the Rams. He invents issues where there are none. This just one of many times he disgraces himself by proving he doesn't base his "evaluations" on real research. He's been wrong so often I wonder why people even take him seriously I for one certainly don't. When the Rams win the division he will forget this piece and simply hope no one digs it up. I can't even begin to listen to his crap because it's normally nonsense and a waste of time.

looks like florio waited for the reddit rams off season recap to do this. They posted it yesterday and this comes out today lol.

Yeah, that is the level of his information and research.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
WARNING RANT AHEAD.

These guys dads should've shot them on the sheets. They talk like without Gurley and Cooks were a bottom tier offense. Sure they made some plays last year but most of the time they were a non factor and we still had a winning record and were one missed field goal, two 3rd and 16s and the refs screwing us in Pittsburgh away from the playoffs.

And the loss of Phillips is not going to kill us like these guys make it seem like. Then they contradict themselves by mentioning the Ravens and Tampa losses. Wades D had 55 points put on them by TB, 45 by the Ravens and 44 dropped on us by a struggling Cowboys team. I for one won't miss the inconsistent defense at all. Also why do these guys act like the 2019 niners were the first team to have a running back by committee? I hate the Saints almost as much as i like the Rams but I thought Kamara and Ingram were better but that's just my opinion.

I will agree with them on going 10-6 or 11-5 and maybe we don't win the division but I'm not counting the Rams out. But now suddenly we're number 3 or 4 in the division according to them. We've had both Seattle and Arizonas number since Mcvay showed up and it hasn't even been close with the Cards. Only time Seattle has beaten us in the last 3 years is by 3 points or less.

As for our first three games being tough I'll give them that but Dallas has new coaches as well and will be going through the same shit with an off season like this one. Bills will be tough with that defense and Philly isn't better than the Rams so I'm not worried about them. The travel being a factor is an understandable concern but I'm not counting this team out for that reason.

All the players we lost were additions by subtraction in my opinion. Gurley, Talib and Cooks were made of glass. Weddle and Matthews are washed. Peters wasnt a good fit. Littleton was decent but the more i watch his tape the more I realize letting him go was the right call. He can be replaced. Greg the leg is an exception and I'm sure we will miss him sooner or later. NRC might not be addition by subtraction but I think he can be replaced. Might miss him a bit at first.

I will admit I don't expect a superbowl run this year but what I am looking for this year is if Mcvay can keep us above water and headed in the right direction by either taking back the division or making the playoffs for hope in 2021 and I think he will.

GO RAMS!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I guess this is clip-and-save.

I had to stop before 1:30 as it felt like grade school level deep thought.

“Jared Goff has gum in his hair and Cam Akers was picked 2nd to last in dodgeball. For those reasons, I don’t like the Rams”

The Ramowl

Starter
Feels like the opinion of someone who stopped watching football in December 2018.

If you tell me after W10 of 2018 the Todd Gurley is leaving, I massively drop the Rams in the power rankings. After the season Gurley had this year, this is not a power rankings drop at all. Cooks hasn't had the production we hoped, not a big drop either. Weddle hasn't been great. We needed change at ST (except Johnny Hekker, of course)
Except for Littleton and Fowler who have been really productive, we haven't lost that much actually. The FO has looked at things under pragmatic light and taken decisions that make sense.

I believe we have a better roster overall than in 2017.

i'll admit there is uncertainty as how this team will do, but 23rd is way too low, because I really don't see us finishing 7-9/6-10 (what 23rd means), we are at the very least middle of the pack at 8-8. I personally believe we'll be at 9/10 wins with a potential surprise.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, Mike Florio has not been a fan of the Rams for a while and does not like Jared Goff, so you have to factor that in, but it's fair IMO because of the division. Florio states if the Rams were in other divisions, they would be rated higher and the Rams have more question marks then the other teams in the division.

Look, I believe Seattle could be on the demise, but I also can understand the questions they have come up with and again Florio has not liked anything lately...Chris Simms was better until he called John Johnson, Joe Johnson, so there was that.

Overall, we need to have thick skin and this year so many things can happen with COVID as you could lose several players just like that. Agree with Florio if the NFL makes the Rams fly back to the West Coast and their trip east against Philadelphia & Buffalo will be an issue and does not seem like a level playing field, if that is the case, but most of us knew the Rams could be rated lower this year and now we just have to deal with these type of assessments moving forward.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Omg the nonsense.

"They lost Gurley and Cooks! What are they gonna do?!"

Gurley had 900 yards rushing. Cooks had 300 yards receiving. Yeah huge production there.

"They lost Wade!"

Rams haven't had a top ten defense in years , including under Wade.

"Somebody's gotta fall behind on this division!"

Mcvay was 1 field goal away from sweeping the Seahawks two years in a row. He's never lost to the Cardinals. And he was 2 blown 3rd and 13s away from beating the niners. Now we're chopped liver.

Whatever. This is where we need to be. We were to accustomed to respect last year. Let's get back to earning it.
You forgot the bogus game changing scoop and score at Pittsburgh lol, all 3 instances, on the road, the Rams outplayed the oppo yet went 0-3

Spot on Cooks and Gurley contributions last year, they went 9-7 despite of

They made good points on losing certain players, to me, Fowler or GZ may hurt the most, Littleton and Matthews were totally exposed vs the Ravens, even tho both have value, an NFL LB can not under any circumstances be a liability vs the run, or he presents a point of attack

Liberator

Pro Bowler
If you tell me after W10 of 2018 the Todd Gurley is leaving, I massively drop the Rams in the power rankings. After the season Gurley had this year, this is not a power rankings drop at all. Cooks hasn't had the production we hoped, not a big drop either. Weddle hasn't been great. We needed change at ST (except Johnny Hekker, of course)

The biggest thing we will lose from Gurley is his blocking and IQ IMO.

oldnotdead

Legend
If you look at the schedule if played as it is right now, this team is good enough to go undefeated. But realistically with a lot of moving parts and no OTAs and preseason to speak of (actual scrimmages with other teams are better than preseason games but that isn't allowed this year), I can see this team no worse than 12-4. But I have a very realistic opinion that we will go 13-3. This team is built to win the division.

This defense can stop SF run game and force Jimmy G to win it against a very good secondary. IMO Jimmy is a sitting duck facing this pass rush. The same with Seattle where the wildcard is always Wilson. But if the D is disciplined he has shown the Hawks can be beaten. I think their own defense has taken a bit of a downgrade. Murray will have to show he can do more than one read and run. But this d-line is built to get after him and that's when he makes mistakes.

The Rams are a complete team. Only SF comes close to matching it but they have holes. They will miss Buckner who was good against both run and pass.

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know... I kind of agree with the video. In the end, they both agree the ceiling for the Rams is probably 10 or 11 wins and a #5 playoff seed with a floor of about 7 wins. O-line is a big question mark but the team has some big time players that can change a game like Donald, Ramsey, Kupp, Woods, etc.

I think Sims talked Florio out of his 23 ranking by the end there. That dude is still a fool.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Florio and Simms, eh? I'm glad that I didn't watch; I don't want to give them the satisfaction and views.