PFF ranks Ram's defense #22...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bskrilla

Starter
Not sure if this has been posted. I didn't see it anywhere. I can't honestly believe they are serious.

qgFKNHA.png

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That seems awfully harsh toward the interior line, plus JL and Ogletree!

The secondary I get the skepticism after last season... But I'm not buying the rest.

A55VA6

Legend
I can understand the secondary being a concern... but Laurinaitis and Ogletree are basically being called mediocre and wouldn't be starters elsewhere. That's completely false.

And when did our interior line get so damn terrible? This is why I don't pay attention to any of this stuff lol

bskrilla

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Them saying JL and Tree wouldn't be starting on other teams and the 27 ranking for the interior line is what got me. They say that Brockers and Langford are good, and mention Donald but then rank the interior line that low. How?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Brockers + Langford + Donald = the 27th best interior line in the NFL? Damn. When did every other team discover the technology to create multiple clones of Warren Sapp and Merlin Olsen?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Are we able to sue PFF for defimation of character? Or possibly have them admitted to a psych ward for mental retardation? Interior line ranked 27, yet everyone says we have the best line in the league. Key word is "line". Such ass clowns.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Brockers + Langford + Donald = the 27th best interior line in the NFL? Damn. When did every other team discover the technology to create multiple clones of Warren Sapp and Merlin Olsen?

Yeah. It's a crap rating. Kind of blows the credibility of the whole piece.

Alan

Legend
CGI_Ram not reading what I'm reading:
That seems awfully harsh toward the interior line, plus JL and Ogletree!
I've re-read that a couple of times and he's not dissing the interior line at all. Quite the opposite in fact. Read what he says starting with "Adding to the abundance.."

I agree about Tree though. JL to a much lesser extent but he's still at least as good or better than half of the other MLBs.

As for the rest I agree completely. Although that's using last years performance and I'm hoping for big improvements at some of those positions.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
PFF always has been a joke. People see the words Stats and Formulas and they automatically buy in, without questioning how the formulas were derived. I can't believe that people waste their money on that crap.

Irish

Starter
Don't agree with Ogletree at all, but Dunbar and Laurinaitis leave much to be desired. Secondary is very pedestrian.

Ranking might be a tad low, but they certainly aren't much better than that. This notion that our defense is going to cover up any offensive deficiencies is pretty unfounded and not based on any real fact outside of "Man, that Quinn is a beast and Donald is a draft monster!" We are going to have to score at least 24 pts a game on average to be competitive, because this defense really isn't going to hold teams below that.

Alan

Legend
Irish being way too pessimistic:
Ranking might be a tad low, but they certainly aren't much better than that. This notion that our defense is going to cover up any offensive deficiencies is pretty unfounded and not based on any real fact outside of "Man, that Quinn is a beast and Donald is a draft monster!" We are going to have to score at least 24 pts a game on average to be competitive, because this defense really isn't going to hold teams below that.
I don't agree with that. We were ranked 15th last year and our D is better this year. We've had no significant losses on our D and when you add in the new guys we drafted our depth, at the very least is much improved.

In addition, it should only be expected that many of the rookies or less experienced players will be improved this year. I know every team has rookies who will also have improved but of the top 15 Ds, we had the most players with under 3 years experience starting. By a big margin.

Plus Gregg Williams.

I see us as inching towards top 5-10.

Last edited:

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
everyone knows these assholes are a joke forget them. Honest to god even tho the networks like to bash Bradford a lot all the analysts agree the defensive is dangerous

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
All I know is ranking the RAMS defense in the bottom third of NFL team defenses is...ignorant

Why even bother disputing inane blather?

Alan

Legend
OC--LeftCoast with a late night question:
Why even bother disputing inane blather?
Well, for one thing, I'm listening to a concert on my headphones and I can't go to bed until it's over. :)