PFF Grades for Rams WRs 2019

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Broke down and bought one month of PFF for the express purpose of looking at their pressures stats along with a couple other things I was interested in that they provide. Then I realized why not share some of it as it pertains to the Rams. Note that I believe a lot of their grades on different things are inaccurate (they are not privy to details in assignments, how/whether the team wants routes/blocking/options adjusted for certain opponents or looks, etc, etc), so not putting out any of this as any sort of proof on anything. It's just interesting to look at so take it with a grain of salt.

Including the key so you can see what the different traits mean. Went with the wideouts since ours are commonly held so highly in the minds of the faithful, enjoy.

1588719598610.png

1588719527232.png

1588719821424.png

1588720038662.png

wize1980

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Wize
Thanks. is there anyway we could make this larger? i barely could read it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Browser zoom. They were auto downsized when pasted to the site so can't help beyond that.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
They got everybody's number won't but Robert Woods. Shows how much they pay attention.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
*nods with no real understanding.

"Oh, of course." ~ Me

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
....and to think, some wanted to trade Woods? Also I think Kupp woulda been rated higher if not for those 3 pesky fumbles....

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Thx for posting Merlin, but as you said, PFF doesn't come close to including all the facets that go into being a wr for the Rams to give an acurate grade. Completely worthless analysis going into 2020 IMHO.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
If you don't block or show the will to block on every play you don't see the field. McVay demands WRs to block and block @ a high level. That isn't apart of the grading

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Woods has the 3rd best hands behind Fitzgerald and Godwin, who had 1 and 0 drops respectively, and his YAC and route running rating is among the best. Hopefully, this confirms his value to the team and that he shouldn't be replaced by Jefferson soon.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Woods, Kupp, Jefferson... feels like a combo that could be around a while.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Woods has the 3rd best hands behind Fitzgerald and Godwin, who had 1 and 0 drops respectively, and his YAC and route running rating is among the best. Hopefully, this confirms his value to the team and that he shouldn't be replaced by Jefferson soon.
Woody is excellent, no doubt. Only way they go away from him is if there is some sort of contract impasse because otherwise he is probably the best bargain in the league in terms of second contract guys and impact vs budget.

I also find it interesting how good the hands and route running will be in our top 3 if they hit on Jefferson. Kupp is also among the best at both (the differentiation isn't all that much in spite of how the PFF numbers may look). So if Van can come in and win a job we'll be three deep at plus possession wideouts (for whom hands & route mastery factors in highest).

Goff is going to benefit greatly from that so from there it's about the run game. And if that is there... He should feast on intermediate routes all season.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Woody is excellent, no doubt. Only way they go away from him is if there is some sort of contract impasse because otherwise he is probably the best bargain in the league in terms of second contract guys and impact vs budget.

I also find it interesting how good the hands and route running will be in our top 3 if they hit on Jefferson. Kupp is also among the best at both (the differentiation isn't all that much in spite of how the PFF numbers may look). So if Van can come in and win a job we'll be three deep at plus possession wideouts (for whom hands & route mastery factors in highest).

Goff is going to benefit greatly from that so from there it's about the run game. And if that is there... He should feast on intermediate routes all season.
Maybe next year. I don't see them not giving Reynolds a chance to prove himself this year as one of our top three receivers. Our receiving core is good this year...TALL, precise route runners with solid speed. I think Woods is the shortest of our top 4 at 6'0. People are excited about CeeDee and Dallas but overall our receivers are better.