Peyton Manning goes to...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
So what's everybody's best guess?

I think the most probable destination is Arizona.
He'll get to play indoors and in a dry climate (good for his neck), they'll most likely run whatever offense he wants, he'll get to throw to Larry Fitzgerald (and probably Reggie Wayne). They may not be ready to win this year, but give it a year or two and they could be dangerous (which sucks since they're in the west, but what are you going to do).

Less likely scenario;
Peyton Manning signs with Denver.
John Elway is able to part ways with Tebow without the fans storming Mile High. Tebow is traded to Jacksonvile for their first round pick (saving that franchise) which Denver uses on Trent Richardson. Everyone wins.
Again, highly unlikely but interesting.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think Miami is going to do whatever they can to land him, but it appears Manning isn't really a big fan of being a celebrity. He likes to live and walk in anonymity (as impossible as that may be). I guess what I'm saying is, Miami will get him if they can, and if it's up to them. If Seattle is equally as aggressive, Manning might want to go there and live out his days in less limelight.

superfan24

Starter
I'm gonna go Kansas City. Not a sexy destination, but the place I could see him most likely going to.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm gonna pick Washington. Seems like they're the team that always makes these types of signings. Offseason Super Bowl champs!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
as Marshall Faulk said, it will be an AFC team, as Manning family does NOT want one bro knocking off other Bro's road to a SB. Same reason why Eli did NOT got to AFC (Chargers). That means Fins look likely.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
I think Miami is going to do whatever they can to land him, but it appears Manning isn't really a big fan of being a celebrity. He likes to live and walk in anonymity (as impossible as that may be). I guess what I'm saying is, Miami will get him if they can, and if it's up to them. If Seattle is equally as aggressive, Manning might want to go there and live out his days in less limelight.

Miami was his first visit, so you have to think they are the leaders to land him.

My gut tells me he goes to Arizona or DC. Arizona has a stud WR, warm weather, and a dome. DC may throw crazy money at him.

The fact that Denver has apparently contacted him makes me think they maybe the "mystery" team that called the Rams about the #2 pick. It would be very interesting if he signed there. What would happen to Tebow Mania. Does he get traded?

bluecoconuts

Legend
libertadrocks said:
X said:

Miami was his first visit, so you have to think they are the leaders to land him.

My gut tells me he goes to Arizona or DC. Arizona has a stud WR, warm weather, and a dome. DC may throw crazy money at him.

The fact that Denver has apparently contacted him makes me think they maybe the "mystery" team that called the Rams about the #2 pick. It would be very interesting if he signed there. What would happen to Tebow Mania. Does he get traded?

I think Arizona will have to work some cap magic to get him, at least that's what I've heard. Not an impossibility, but I'd rather keep him away from Fitzgerald, and away from the 49ers (and the seachickens as well, basically stay in the AFC in my opinion).

If he went to Denver, I think they would have to trade Tebow (maybe to Miami).. He's just got too many crazy nut fans that would be flipping out anytime that Manning threw a pick. Tebow is a player that really has to start or can't be on a team, at least for the next few years. He's got so much hype, even if his skill level isn't high enough, fans will yell and scream for him to play no matter who he sits behind. Unless that person is winning, but any and every opportunity to yell for Tim, his fanbase will do it.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
bluecoconuts said:
libertadrocks said:
X said:

I think Arizona will have to work some cap magic to get him, at least that's what I've heard. Not an impossibility, but I'd rather keep him away from Fitzgerald, and away from the 49ers (and the seachickens as well, basically stay in the AFC in my opinion).

If he went to Denver, I think they would have to trade Tebow (maybe to Miami).. He's just got too many crazy nut fans that would be flipping out anytime that Manning threw a pick. Tebow is a player that really has to start or can't be on a team, at least for the next few years. He's got so much hype, even if his skill level isn't high enough, fans will yell and scream for him to play no matter who he sits behind. Unless that person is winning, but any and every opportunity to yell for Tim, his fanbase will do it.

Agree with your assessment of Tebow.

How bout JAX instead of Miami tho? I have heard that Khan wants Tebow and it would be a homecoming for him. They have Gabbert tho...

This is one of the most interesting FA seasons in a while. A lot of variables up in the air.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My guess is...

Where ever his Daddy tells him to go, unless his Mamma over-rides.

If I really had to guess,,, I'd say Miami. He has a house there already according to the sports radio guys here in Orlando.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The NFL Network’s Rich Eisen reported that [hil]Faulk said Manning will not choose an NFC club[/hil] as his next team. The reasoning? Manning doesn’t want to potentially compete for a spot in the Super Bowl with his kid brother Eli Manning, who has two Super Bowl titles to Peyton Manning’s one.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=n ... o_nfc_team

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Good news for us.

Cleveland isnt in the bidding war and ESPN is reporting this:

evansilva: From @Russellmania980 on ESPN: "From what I'm hearing...Manning's camp made it pretty clear to #Redskins that he doesn't want to come here."

steferfootball

Starter
libertadrocks said:
Good news for us.

Cleveland isnt in the bidding war and ESPN is reporting this:

evansilva: From @Russellmania980 on ESPN: "From what I'm hearing...Manning's camp made it pretty clear to #Redskins that he doesn't want to come here."
It makes no sense for him to go to either. He wants to win a championship. Washington isn't about winning championships. They just try to sell tickets.

Cleveland doesn't make sense either, because they are a young rebuilding team that hasn't shown they are a QB away.

Jets make sense, but I don't know about their cap room or team chemistry...basically I'd guess he'd go to a team that is one QB away from the superbowl if possible.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Im thinking Miami or Denver. If Denver gets him they are gonna have to trade or release Tebow.