Petrowsky’s Mock Offseason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
I’ve never done a mock offseason before mostly because I know little about College Football. However, I’ve decided to give it a shot and open myself up to criticism.

Cut:
Sullivan
Barron

Release:
Suh
Dante Fowler
Lamarcus Joyner
Dominique Easley
Matt Longacre
C.J. Anderson
Bryce Hager

Re-Sign:
Malcom Brown
Rodger Saffold
Sam Shields
Troy Hill
Kevin Peterson
Blake Countess
Garrett Sickels
Ramik Wilson
Cory Littleton
Jojo Natson
KhaDarel Hodge
Morgan Fox

Free Agents:

QB, Tyrod Taylor-2 year deal

I really want the Rams to have an experienced back up who can win some games if Goff gets hurt for 4-6 weeks. Mannion is definitely not that guy, and drafting someone won’t help with that in year one either.

OG/C, Ryan Groy-2 year deal

With Sullivan being released, the Rams are going to need a C. I’m not saying Groy should be the starter, but between Groy, Blythe, and Allen I think someone will emerge as an above average starter.

NT, Danny Shelton-1 year deal

Rams need help with their run defense and I think Shelton could help with that. I don’t see him as the answer, but he buys the Rams another year to find a better option.

OLB, Preston Smith-4 year deal

I think Smith is a great option who will only improve. I think playing with Donald and tutelage from Phillips will help up his game.

S, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix-3 year deal

Anthony Harris would also be an option but I believe he’s a RFA. HHCD is a good cover safety which is always a nice addition to a secondary. Poor tackler but a playmaker nonetheless.

Draft:

Round 1 (31) - ILB, Devin Bush

The Rams need a strong ILB and Bush is a stud imo. I really think the Rams LBers would go from a weakness to a strength. Ebukam, Bush, Littleton, and Smith is a huge improvement over last year.

Round 3 (94) - DT, Khalen Saunders

The Rams might have to trade up a few picks to get Saunders but I think the guy has a chance to be a solid player in the NFL.

Round 3 (99) - CB, Rock Ya-Sin

I honestly don’t know if he will make it this far into the draft. If there isn’t a good corner here, then I would go OL and look for a corner in round 4.

Round 4 (107) - OT, Dalton Risner

I would make a trade up here to get Risner. Rams trade 133 and a 6th to move up here. The Rams definitely need to start adding to the OL. I’m assuming Whitworth will be back for one more year which will be beneficial to Risner’s development.

Due to my lack of college football knowledge I think it’s best I stop here. I would probably draft a receiver, OL, or a S with the remaining picks. I know this off-season is defensively inclined, but I think that’s where the Rams need to improve most.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Round 3 (99) - CB, Rock Ya-Sin

I honestly don’t know if he will make it this far into the draft. If there isn’t a good corner here, then I would go OL and look for a corner in round 4.

Round 4 (107) - OT, Dalton Risner

I would make a trade up here to get Risner. Rams trade 133 and a 6th to move up here. The Rams definitely need to start adding to the OL. I’m assuming Whitworth will be back for one more year which will be beneficial to Risner’s development.

Due to my lack of college football knowledge I think it’s best I stop here. I would probably draft a receiver, OL, or a S with the remaining picks. I know this off-season is defensively inclined, but I think that’s where the Rams need to improve most.

Things can always change but those are some extremely generous landing spots for those 2 guys. Both are great but would likely be targets a round or three earlier than that. I've seen both in mocks off late first early second and at worst Ya-Sin early third.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Things can always change but those are some extremely generous landing spots for those 2 guys. Both are great but would likely be targets a round or three earlier than that. I've seen both in mocks off late first early second and at worst Ya-Sin early third.
Which is why I mentioned it with the Ya-Sin pick. Justin Layne is who I was going to pick there, but I saw Ya-Sin all over the place in a bunch of mocks I looked at.

Last edited:

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Dalton Risner is projected 1st round I want us to go after Matt Paradise from Denver at Center for a major upgrade.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a good mock. My only complaints would be that Risner is projected in the first two rounds right now, and if we sign all those FAs, we're not going to get comp picks for the guys we're losing. That's why I think we'll tend to look for guys who won't count against us in the formula.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
It's a good mock. My only complaints would be that Risner is projected in the first two rounds right now, and if we sign all those FAs, we're not going to get comp picks for the guys we're losing. That's why I think we'll tend to look for guys who won't count against us in the formula.
I never even thought about the comp picks. This is the reason I refrained in the past haha. I should really stick to just the NFL.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I never even thought about the comp picks. This is the reason I refrained in the past haha. I should really stick to just the NFL.

It's a good mock. Keep doing it. It's always good to see what others are thinking.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Ok so after realizing how little I know about college football and prospects I made changes. Hopefully this is more in line with where players will fall.

Round 3 (99) CB Derrick Baity
Also like Justin Layne here.

Round 4 (133) OT Isiah Prince

Ram65

Legend
OLB, Preston Smith-4 year deal

I think Smith is a great option who will only improve. I think playing with Donald and tutelage from Phillips will help up his game.

S, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix-3 year deal

Anthony Harris would also be an option but I believe he’s a RFA. HHCD is a good cover safety which is always a nice addition to a secondary. Poor tackler but a playmaker nonetheless.

That's a lot of cap space for both. Both are reported to be around 10 million with Smith maybe 11 Million per year average. I can't see the Rams paying that much for a safety (some posters do) with JJ in year three of his four year deal. Smith vs keeping Fowler is interesting. Rams need an edge rusher so one or the other would help. McVay and Joe Barry would have some insight into Smith.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2019-free-agency-profile-preston-smith

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2019-free-agency-profile-dante-fowler-jr

Nice draft for your first time!

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
That's a lot of cap space for both. Both are reported to be around 10 million with Smith maybe 11 Million per year average. I can't see the Rams paying that much for a safety (some posters do) with JJ in year three of his four year deal. Smith vs keeping Fowler is interesting. Rams need an edge rusher so one or the other would help. McVay and Joe Barry would have some insight into Smith.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2019-free-agency-profile-preston-smith

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2019-free-agency-profile-dante-fowler-jr

Nice draft for your first time!
I thought about this as well. I’m ok with Tre Boston and George Iloka. Tre Boston is similar to Clinton-Dix, but Iloka is more of a Phillips’ type safety. They will probably be cheaper than Clinton-Dix.