Peter King: Rams Must Trade Up, Draft Quarterback

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Peter King of TheMMQB.com and Sports Illustrated joined The U.S. Bank Afternoon Drive on Wednesday to discuss several Rams-related topics, including the team’s uncertain future and what he thinks they need to do in the off-season to become a playoff team.

Listen to King Talk Rams

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Trade down for a qb? BPA would seem to be the way to go for the Rams! Mannion hasn't prove himself yet and it would behoove the team to find out if he's the man! Let's see how the free agent issues plays out before going down the qb rabbit hole, please!

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Besides, have Goff or Lynch declared yet? I'd say that's an important first step of the process if we are deemed to follow that road.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Good receivers are easier to find than good qb's. Give Keenum a couple receivefs who actually scare somebody and watch the difference it makes. No doubt in my mind our passing game moves to the middle of the pack and coupled with our running game and elite defense we will break the string of non winning seasons and string of missing the playoffs. All predicated on continued improvement on the OL.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
That settles it. Do the opposite.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's right. The Rams need to make a bold move to get over the hump.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
QB has been a need long enough. There are several to choose from in this draft. Been sayin it and will again: they need to get one of them BPA be damned.

BeachRam78

Rookie
Name
john
What do you think it will take to trade up and get Goff in the top 5? Looks like we will be choosing around 16-18. Maybe a 2nd this year and our first next year?

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Only one problem: this year's qb class is very underwhelming. Lynch screams bust to me and Goff just doesn't do it for me either. I really like Wentz but I would prefer we go Treadwell with our first and then trade back into round one for Wentz. I'd like to see what Mannion can do, as many do, but I'm afraid this regime just cannot afford to gamble with Mannion if they want to keep their jobs. With Wentz, maybe it buys these guys an extension if he performs adequately? Idk...

We happen to be in a tricky situation with our two, among others, weak areas on the team, qb and oc. Do we roll with Keenum or try out the kid behind him? Do we draft a guy instead and roll the dice on a rookie? Do we search for a new oc or stick with Boras?

I wish I had the answers, but that's the "fun" part of the off season. Believe or not, I think we're close!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
What do you think it will take to trade up and get Goff in the top 5?
@jrry32 should be good to ask....I'd guess...our 1st this year and next if we want to jump the 49ers...maybe the Titans would be a nice partner...new coaching staff and all...may take a couple of 2nd's...if we're in the 20's....

I'd be cool with Connor Cook too...he may fall to us...

BeachRam78

Rookie
Name
john
@jrry32 should be good to ask....I'd guess...our 1st this year and next if we want to jump the 49ers...maybe the Titans would be a nice partner...new coaching staff and all...may take a couple of 2nd's...if we're in the 20's....
I agree. Titans seem like a good trade partner. We need to do something to adress the need at QB. Even if we roll with Keenum to start the season and if it doesn't work then make a change to our rookie first round QB. But I must say I do like Treadwell in the 1state if we don't move up.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What do you think it will take to trade up and get Goff in the top 5? Looks like we will be choosing around 16-18. Maybe a 2nd this year and our first next year?

At least 2 1sts, a 2nd, and another pick. May have to offer a RGIII type deal. But I'd do it.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I agree. Titans seem like a good trade partner. We need to do something to adress the need at QB. Even if we roll with Keenum to start the season and if it doesn't work then make a change to our rookie first round QB. But I must say I do like Treadwell in the 1state if we don't mov

I would juump with joy if Treeadwell were. Still therem

BeachRam78

Rookie
Name
john
Me too. He doesn't have blazing speed but he has #1 wideout written all over him. He would be fun to watch.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams problems are deeper than just QB. They need a lot of changes on offensive side.

I'm not so sure they are. We need a couple WRs and would be smart to upgrade on Cook. But beyond that, it's mainly just the QB.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
At least 2 1sts, a 2nd, and another pick. May have to offer a RGIII type deal. But I'd do it.
I think that would be to much 2#1 and a 2 yes but that's it.With the preset salary on rookies now top 5 picks are not as expensive as they used to be Imo.