Pete Rose Passed Away

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
https://www.tmz.com/2024/09/30/pete-rose-dead

/30/2024 3:59 PM PT

MLB legend Pete Rose has died at the age of 83, TMZ Sports has learned.

Rose, Major League Baseball's hit king, passed away earlier today at his home in Las Vegas.

Pete's agent, Ryan Fiterman of Fiterman Sports, confirmed the news, adding ... "the family is asking for privacy at this time."

Pete, nicknamed "Charlie Hustle" for his tenacious play, was one of the greatest baseball players to ever grace a diamond, earning 17 All-Star Game nods, winning three World Series titles and the 1973 N.L. MVP.

No player in the 100+ year history of Major League Baseball had more hits than Pete, who accumulated an astounding 4,256 hits over his 24-season career.

In the field, Rose was very versatile ... playing first base, second base, and the outfield.

Pete spent the majority of his legendary career with the Cincinnati Reds, but also played for the Philadelphia Phillies and Montreal Expos, before returning to Cinci and finishing his career as a player-manager.

Rose hung up the spikes for good (as a player) in 1986.

Of course, Rose wasn't without controversy. He was banned from baseball by MLB commissioner Bart Giamatti in 1989 after the league determined he'd bet on baseball.

After denying he'd wagered on baseball for years, Pete ultimately admitted to it in the mid-2000s.

Despite coming clean, MLB never lifted the lifetime ban, despite Rose -- who was inducted into the Reds Hall of Fame -- being considered one of the best players ever.

Now, in death, it remains to be seen whether Pete will finally have his rightful place in Cooperstown.

[www.tmz.com]

BN-HN204_rose_8S_20150320102611.jpeg

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RIP in Charlie Hustle. Gambling is an addition and it got the best of him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well maybe now they can put him in the Hall of Fame where he belongs

I'd rather not until they admit to their error and put Joe Jackson in the Hall first. I don't think he even gambled, like we know Rose did as a player and manager.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well maybe now they can put him in the Hall of Fame where he belongs

That was my first thought after the shock of learning the news.

What he was on the field was beyond HOF worthy... and he didn't need steroids to reach the physical level of play that was basically way higher than all others. If you didn't see him play and experience the game changing dominance that he had when it was happening live (on TV)... it would be hard to understand. This was back when baseball was America's #1 sport too.

Wish they would have done it before today.