Pete Rose on KFNS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
kfns.jpg

[mp3]http://media.kfns.com/Podcasts/1949/8-29_segment_6,_Pete_Rose.mp3[/mp3]

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
It didn't work.

I think Rose should be in the Hall of Fame. A racist (and by all accounts and first class a$$hole) like Ty Cobb can make it, but Pete Rose can't? I understand banning him from managing again or working in an organization, but the guy should be in Cooperstown.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
brokeu91 said:
It didn't work.

I think Rose should be in the Hall of Fame. A racist (and by all accounts and first class a$$hole) like Ty Cobb can make it, but Pete Rose can't? I understand banning him from managing again or working in an organization, but the guy should be in Cooperstown.
I don't know why it doesn't work now. It doesn't work on KFNS's site either.

And I agree. I mean, he did what a lot of people do when they're cornered and have everything to lose. He lied. And then he lied some more. Of course he gambled on baseball, so I guess the only real issue is, "Did he bet on his team to lose?" I doubt that. Pete is/was ALL about winning. And you're right. There are some real scumbags in the HOF right now.

RamsFan4Life

Rookie
I would bet any amount of money that when Pete was betting, if he bet on a game he was involved with, playing or managing, there isn't a single instance of him betting against his side.

And if so, to me......WHO CARES?

Betting with your own cash ON YOURSELF to win and then getting shit about it is bullcorn of the nth degree. In fact it is in line with his self assured attitude towards everything in his life.

I don't care if Pete had an 0-20 scrub on the hill and his clean up hitter on the DL.....He would never have thrown in the towel and went into a contest admitting there was even the remotest chance they wouldn't prevail.

You know either overtly in person or by proxy, MANY boxers get money down on themselves.

Were I fighting, so would I. If I didn't think I was going to destroy the other guy I wouldn't have agreed tot he fight.

No amount of money would convince me to take a public beating.

I doubt it would for Pete either and he's had waaaay more if it than I have.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
StlouisramsX said:
And I agree. I mean, he did what a lot of people do when they're cornered and have everything to lose. He lied. And then he lied some more. Of course he gambled on baseball, so I guess the only real issue is, "Did he bet on his team to lose?" I doubt that. Pete is/was ALL about winning. And you're right. There are some real scumbags in the HOF right now.

Yeah - I'd have to agree. I don't doubt that he bet on baseball and even his own team. But nothing about this guy tells me he would have ever bet against his team. He should have long since been enshrined and this is coming from a Dodger fan who as a kid hated the player. Not only are there far bigger scum bags in Cooperstown but Pete was a better player than probably 90% of them.

superfan24

Starter
RamFan503 said:
StlouisramsX said:

Yeah - I'd have to agree. I don't doubt that he bet on baseball and even his own team. But nothing about this guy tells me he would have ever bet against his team. He should have long since been enshrined and this is coming from a Dodger fan who as a kid hated the player. Not only are there far bigger scum bags in Cooperstown but Pete was a better player than probably 90% of them.

If he bet against his team then he should still be out, but its way overdue for him to be in