Paul McCartney to perform at final concert at Candlestink Park

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Some song suggestions for Sir Paul: 'The Ballad of John and Colin Kaepernick,' 'Can't Buy Me A Super Bowl Ring,' 'The Continuing Story of Bungalow Aldon Smith,' 'Cry Baby Cry,' 'The Fool On The Hill,' 'Hello Goodbye,' 'Help,' 'I'm A Loser,' 'Mean Mr. Harbaugh,' 'Run For Your Life,' and 'You Never Give Me Your Money' - a duet sung with Jim Harbaugh.

Paul McCartney to perform at final concert at Candlestick Park
Posted by Mike Wilkening on April 24, 2014

a2f947489566843c7ac404f2fa344853-e1398354489750.jpeg
AP

The headliner at Candlestick’s Park final concert is a legendary musical performer who has some experience playing at the soon-to-be closed stadium.

Via Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area, Paul McCartney will play the closing show at Candlestick Park on Thursday, August 14, a website dedicated to the artist’s work announced Thursday.

The show, according to PaulMcCartney.com, has been tabbed “Farewell to Candlestick: The Final Concert.”

PaulMcCartney.com bills itself as the “Official Website” of the 72-year-old performer.

Earlier this month, the San Francisco Chronicle had reported that the 49ers had wanted McCartney to perform the first show at Levi’s Stadium.

According to McCartney’s website, The Beatles’ final concert was at Candlestick Park on August 29, 1966.

WelfareRam

UDFA
Name
Doug
Some song suggestions for Sir Paul: 'The Ballad of John and Colin Kaepernick,' 'Can't Buy Me A Super Bowl Ring,' 'The Continuing Story of Bungalow Aldon Smith,' 'Cry Baby Cry,' 'The Fool On The Hill,' 'Hello Goodbye,' 'Help,' 'I'm A Loser,' 'Mean Mr. Harbaugh,' 'Run For Your Life,' and 'You Never Give Me Your Money' - a duet sung with Jim Harbaugh.

Paul McCartney to perform at final concert at Candlestick Park
Posted by Mike Wilkening on April 24, 2014

a2f947489566843c7ac404f2fa344853-e1398354489750.jpeg
AP

The headliner at Candlestick’s Park final concert is a legendary musical performer who has some experience playing at the soon-to-be closed stadium.

Via Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area, Paul McCartney will play the closing show at Candlestick Park on Thursday, August 14, a website dedicated to the artist’s work announced Thursday.

The show, according to PaulMcCartney.com, has been tabbed “Farewell to Candlestick: The Final Concert.”

PaulMcCartney.com bills itself as the “Official Website” of the 72-year-old performer.

Earlier this month, the San Francisco Chronicle had reported that the 49ers had wanted McCartney to perform the first show at Levi’s Stadium.

According to McCartney’s website, The Beatles’ final concert was at Candlestick Park on August 29, 1966.

Hey Prime, sorry I hadn't seen this thread you made. But I'm in...Bottom level 3rd row from field somewhere. :) Wanna go?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Prime, sorry I hadn't seen this thread you made. But I'm in...Bottom level 3rd row from field somewhere. :) Wanna go?

Ah, that's very kind of you but I'll have to decline. My days of going to concerts are pretty much over. My wife and son tried to drag me to Lollapalooza and other festivals but I'd rather listen to music in the comfort of my home or car these days.

WelfareRam

UDFA
Name
Doug
Ah, that's very kind of you but I'll have to decline. My days of going to concerts are pretty much over. My wife and son tried to drag me to Lollapalooza and other festivals but I'd rather listen to music in the comfort of my home or car these days.
Hey Prime, did you ever get the chance to go to any of the day on the Greens? Talk about the best days of rock n roll!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Prime, did you ever get the chance to go to any of the day on the Greens? Talk about the best days of rock n roll!!

Oh yeah. See that's the thing, from the mid-sixties to 1980 I went to every show I could. I had my fill. Tickets were around $5 to $10 dollars a show in those days. Then I got off of drugs and booze and sitting there for three hours in the middle of all those people while stone-cold sober stopped being as much fun.

It's an odd thing about getting older, you can remember things from 30 or 40 years ago with crystal clarity but what you did yesterday is a blur. My wife and I figured out that we were at the same Day on the Green with our exes. It was Gary Wright from Dream Weaver fame along with Robin Trower, Fleetwood Mac, and Peter Frampton. This was at the Oakland Coliseum, August 3, 1975. I had to go on this site to make sure.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Will Sir Paul play his Wings material too?

Cap on the Run
Admiral Harbaugh

WelfareRam

UDFA
Name
Doug
Oh yeah. See that's the thing, from the mid-sixties to 1980 I went to every show I could. I had my fill. Tickets were around $5 to $10 dollars a show in those days. Then I got off of drugs and booze and sitting there for three hours in the middle of all those people while stone-cold sober stopped being as much fun.

It's an odd thing about getting older, you can remember things from 30 or 40 years ago with crystal clarity but what you did yesterday is a blur. My wife and I figured out that we were at the same Day on the Green with our exes. It was Gary Wright from Dream Weaver fame along with Robin Trower, Fleetwood Mac, and Peter Frampton. This was at the Oakland Coliseum, August 3, 1975. I had to go on this site to make sure.
Sounds good. I went and saw Loverboy,Kansas,38 special, and gamma with ronny Montrose one time. Also went and saw Van Halen AC-DC Aerosmith etc at different times. Incredible era in Rock history..