Antonio Brown saga

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Antonio Brown has now been shown to be harassing the woman who has come out and accused him of sexual misconduct. IMO this is a clear violation of NFL rules and they will have no choice but to suspend Brown immediately. The evidence is clear in the form of text messages that he actually included a copy sent to his attorney. The NFL forbids any type of harassment or intimidation. Time to ban this mad man from football.

Report: Antonio Brown harasses latest accuser via text message
Posted by Mike Florio on September 20, 2019, 12:33 AM EDT

Antonio Brown may have crossed the line, as far as the NFL and the Patriots are concerned.

Robert Klemko of SI.com reports that Brown has sent harassing text messages to the unnamed accuser who shared allegations with Klemko regarding Brown’s behavior after Brown hired her to paint a mural at his house.

“I’m on my knees painting the [mural], and he walks up to me butt-ass naked, with a hand cloth covering his [penis] and starts having a conversation with me,” the woman told Klemko. “Unfortunately, I’ve been tried [by men] a lot of times, so I just kept my cool and kept painting. After that, it all ended abruptly.”
Brown reportedly has sent a group text message to the woman, accusing her of fabricating a “bull sh-t” story in an effort to “make up some stuff for money.” He also called her a “super broke girl with a lot of kids,” and he encouraged someone to whom Brown refers as “Eric B” to investigate her in order to “see how broke this girl is.”

Brown also sent a screen shot of an Instagram photo of the woman’s children, adding that the woman is “awfully broke clearly.”
On Thursday night, the woman’s lawyer sent a letter to the NFL explaining that Brown is “intimidating and threatening . . . our client, in violation of the NFL Personal Conduct Policy.”

“Our client . . . is understandably frightened by these text messages, which are clearly intended to threaten and intimidate her,” attorney Lisa J. Banks wrote. “While she certainly qualifies as a ‘starving artist,’ she has never approached Mr. Brown, nor will she, about seeking money to compensate her for his sexual misconduct, contrary to his allegations in the text messages.”

Amazingly, Brown’s lawyer was included in the group texts. Darren Heitner tells Klemko that Heitner did not advise Brown to communicate with the woman.
The league responded to the letter within an hour. Investigators will speak to the woman’s lawyers about the situation.

“This sort of intimidation and harassment is the reason victims are often so reluctant to step forward in these cases,” Banks told Klemko. “We have confidence the NFL and the Patriots will step in and end this behavior.”

The Personal Conduct Policy expressly prohibits “talking, harassment, or similar forms of intimidation.” The fact that the behavior has been directed at a woman who has made allegations regarding misconduct makes the situation even worse for Brown. Employers routinely take swift and decisive action against employees who are accused of misconduct and who harass or intimidate those who have made the accusations.

The Patriots, who like any NFL team wouldn’t have signed Brown if they’d known about the sexual assault and rape lawsuit that was filed last week, likewise have not been inclined to terminate the relationship based solely on uncorroborated allegations in a civil action. If Brown sent these messages to a woman who chimed in with her own allegations of misconduct by Brown, that gives the Patriots a much more tangible basis for severing ties with Brown.

Regardless of what the Patriots do, the league can take action against Brown. The aggressive and angry response directed to an accuser could be enough, for example, to cause the Commissioner to believe that Brown “may have violated” the Personal Conduct Policy as to Britney Taylor, justifying immediate placement of Brown on the Commissioner-Exempt list.

However it plays out, Brown apparently has committed yet another serious error of judgment, one that has placed his current employment in real jeopardy.

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry for the lines, the article is on PFT. I don't know what happened.

MOD EDIT: removed formatting issue

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

this guy deserves to be put on the exempt list for being a dumb fuck, let alone the harassing of women. imagine being accused of all these horrible things and his first instinct is to contact the said women and harass them. like they're not gonna show the world those texts. fucking loser.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
I would be interested to see what the text's actually said. Not what her attorney says about them.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would be interested to see what the text's actually said. Not what her attorney says about them.

After reading the stuff he said to Brittany Taylor, I believe this lawyer. Brown is a deplorable human being. But, if the league let's Tyreke Hill stick around, I'm guessing they will let Brown stay too. If Brown is not a star he's already released.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I look at it this way...

He fits into the cheater's culture perfectly. They deserve to have another piece of shit like this with them. Bobby K should have him over at his house as much as possible. They belong together.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He needs to be separated from the NFL...permanently. He brings a bad name to the game. He is a piece of shit...clearly.

First off, who the fuck makes fun of poor people? Where I come from, you’ll get your teeth folded back for teasing someone based on their monetary value.

And second...to public ally shame a woman for having multiple kids and then posting the pictures of the kids...he needs his ass beat.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There was a time when the mere hint of bad PR was the death knell for any public figure. We have become desensitized to the headlines. The legal system is all about the dollar. (my apologies to the legal eagles on the site.) So to the rich/super rich it is a mere inconvenience. Sure every now and then one of these dbags goes down but to what a minimum security country club. 15 months out in 3. Yeah it sucks but it is our system.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The NFL needs to act now - the Ray Rice situation should have taught them that you don't mess around with this shit. What's crazy is they can just put him on the exempt list for however long they need to figure this out.

My gut tells me that he's completely guilty, but like most rape situations, there won't be enough evidence as she didn't come forward immediately.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
There was a time when the mere hint of bad PR was the death knell for any public figure. We have become desensitized to the headlines. The legal system is all about the dollar. (my apologies to the legal eagles on the site.) So to the rich/super rich it is a mere inconvenience. Sure every now and then one of these dbags goes down but to what a minimum security country club. 15 months out in 3. Yeah it sucks but it is our system.
IMO, it depends on two things, who you are and whether the conduct costs anyone important a lot of money. In the context of pro football, AB is too good for this behavior to have any consequences unless Patriot fans express disgust and corporate sponsors pull advertising. If this was a third string TE, he would be cut or suspended already pending an investigation.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO, it depends on two things, who you are and whether the conduct costs anyone important a lot of money. In the context of pro football, AB is too good for this behavior to have any consequences unless Patriot fans express disgust and corporate sponsors pull advertising. If this was a third string TE, he would be cut or suspended already pending an investigation.
All about the money.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
He gets to be a piece of shit and make millions just because he can catch a football. They can't think this is all good for the NFL. Of course AB will continue to flount his ego because Goodell doesn't have a hair on his azz.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
After reading the stuff he said to Brittany Taylor, I believe this lawyer. Brown is a deplorable human being. But, if the league let's Tyreke Hill stick around, I'm guessing they will let Brown stay too. If Brown is not a star he's already released.
Well, people will believe what they want. I would prefer to see what he said. The fact that he sent them to his own attorney tells me that he is smart enough not to hang himself out to dry. That being said, texting her was a mistake. Her attorney can say whatever he wants. Just because an attorney makes a claim doesn't make the claim true.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The NFL needs to act now - the Ray Rice situation should have taught them that you don't mess around with this shit. What's crazy is they can just put him on the exempt list for however long they need to figure this out.

My gut tells me that he's completely guilty, but like most rape situations, there won't be enough evidence as she didn't come forward immediately.
The Ray Rice situation shows what happens when a guy is on the downside of his career. He gets cut. When he is at top of his game and supports a superstar like Mahomes or Brady? Figure out a way

bluecoconuts

Legend
Well, people will believe what they want. I would prefer to see what he said. The fact that he sent them to his own attorney tells me that he is smart enough not to hang himself out to dry. That being said, texting her was a mistake. Her attorney can say whatever he wants. Just because an attorney makes a claim doesn't make the claim true.

If they said any different, my guess is that Browns lawyer would have immediately let that be known.

fearsomefour

Legend
He gets to be a piece of shit and make millions just because he can catch a football. They can't think this is all good for the NFL. Of course AB will continue to flount his ego because Goodell doesn't have a hair on his azz.
If it makes you feel better there are plenty of pieces of shit that can’t catch a football and don’t make millions.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

Check this brilliant scene from the great film Michael Clayton. You should watch it cause what your saying isn’t exactly true. What you say may be the perception - even with rich/super rich people -but certainly not the reality to the extent you’re implying

This scene deftly illustrates that

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wwBLPaUYqFo

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I'm kind of over this whole narrative of people being involved in other peoples business. It upsets me because your average person generally does not get the same attention that a public figure gets.. There are far more important things happening in the world that need the attention of the general public that no one seems to care about. This TMZ lifestyle that we've become in america is just ... Sad.