Packers Kickoff returner disobeyed orders angering Rodgers and Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

KCLARAM FAN

Rookie
Name
kclaram
We owe Ty Montgomery a big thank you and an early christmas present,he did us a big favor. One of the players said it very well there saying-Our defense was playing well.Goff had gone 3 for 12 on third down.Number 12 has done it so many times,just kneel down and let him give us a chance.

Not the EXACT words of course but close enough.

Remember Rodgers visably upset and yelling at that Packers player on the sidelines? I do,well thats why and thats what it was all about.:D:rolllaugh:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ty-mon...angering-aaron-rodgers-packers-141933668.html

Liberator

Pro Bowler
Wow lol. Still think it was pretty shitty of Rogers to exclude Montgomery from their little huddle on the sidelines. I get you're upset but gotta be a bigger person there IMO.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
As great a player as Rogers is, I'm starting to think he's a bit of a dick. You don't call out your player's mistake with your words and body language on national TV. He needs to show some humility and also think about his teammates before himself. I know. Fat chance this day and age.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
As great a player as Rogers is, I'm starting to think he's a bit of a dick. You don't call out your player's mistake with your words and body language on national TV. He needs to show some humility and also think about his teammates before himself. I know. Fat chance this day and age.

And THAT'S why this Rams team is special.

We win as a team. As. A. Team.

Guy makes a mistake and they lift him up and see it as an opportunity to make a play.

Gurley's going from LT's TD record and STILL has the presence of mind to pull up and ice the win.

I dunno if I've ever been exposed to a team this dialed into the team concept. I know about Coach Wooden's UCLA teams (I was born there, after all), but that was before my time.

Lots of coaches try to use that Pyramid of Success, but McVay may be the first coach to really meld that with a millennial sense of treating people with positive communication and affirmative accountability. There's no old school about him... well... apparently, he does have "the stare" which must be intense because when it gets the attention of very large men like Suh and AD, there must be something to it.

That said, this team is a team in every sense of the word.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The article says it all..........thank you for you being you Ty.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Some responses under the video I forgot to post

Ty Montgomery is the JR Smith of the NFL

The Packers don't deserve Aaron Rodgers.

I didn’t know JR Smith played for the packers now

That was dumb, but no one is talking about MIKE MCCARTHY running from the 1 yard line into Suh and Donald and leading to a safety AND touchdown :/ ... Fire this dude already!

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I say we sign ty Montgomery if they cut him show him what it's like to play on a real team

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Qhy is Montgomery still on the team ? Blatantly disrespected the coaches and disobeyed instructions

Also Rogers might be the most talented QB ever but he is s horrible leader and shows zero enthusiasm. Guy always seems pissed or ready to drink

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Happy to see the meltdown for that group and their dickhead QB.

What a class act A-A-Ron is. Hahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaa

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
The first thing I thought of when reading about Ty's sideline act was . . . hey, that's what got Marcus Peters kicked off UW's team. Get pulled, throw tantrum, off the team should be next. Sure, Peters's dumb on field act got him pulled while Ty getting pulled seemingly led him to commit his dumb on field act, but, anyhow, I thought of Peters.

Winning covers up a lot of things. Everyone hopes it'll be sunshine, unicorns, and rainbows all the way to the chip. Of course, there's a chance that we have our own ticking Ty-bomb on the sidelines ready to go off the minute things turn bad. Who knows!?

Go Rams!

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
This bugs me! They lost, Rams won and I don’t care to hear the media create the excuse as to why they lost.

You know why they lost? Because the Rams beat them. Period.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.packersnews.com/videos/...letely-disobey-what-im-being-told/1812866002/

“He said the same thing he always says, ‘Catch the return, and if it’s in the end zone, keep it in the end zone.'” Montgomery said in video posted by Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “. . . At that point in time, I stood where I always stood. I had a returnable ball, so I made a split-second decision on, I don’t know if this is going to land on the goal line, so I’m not going to take a knee on the goal line, at the half-yard line and take a chance on putting the game in the ref’s hands.

Unfortunately, I ended up fumbling the football, but I’ve never been a guy that completely disobeys what I’ve been told. I think you can ask a lot guys in the locker room. That’s not what I do. That’s not the kind of man I am. That’s not the kind of person I am.”

“We talk about being brothers,” Montgomery said. “We talk about being family and keeping things in house, in house and this, that and the other, and that’s not what happened. I don’t know. Maybe that’s what they do in their family, but that’s not what I do in mine.

“No one ever said anything to me. No one ever came to me. So I’m thoroughly disappointed in the speculation and just the backlash that I have to deal with now, because now we’re talking about my character. We’re not even talking about the fumble any more. We’re talking about my character.”

This isn't the first time Rodgers acted like a dick. He's thrown others under the bus before.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.packersnews.com/videos/...letely-disobey-what-im-being-told/1812866002/

“He said the same thing he always says, ‘Catch the return, and if it’s in the end zone, keep it in the end zone.'” Montgomery said in video posted by Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “. . . At that point in time, I stood where I always stood. I had a returnable ball, so I made a split-second decision on, I don’t know if this is going to land on the goal line, so I’m not going to take a knee on the goal line, at the half-yard line and take a chance on putting the game in the ref’s hands.

Unfortunately, I ended up fumbling the football, but I’ve never been a guy that completely disobeys what I’ve been told. I think you can ask a lot guys in the locker room. That’s not what I do. That’s not the kind of man I am. That’s not the kind of person I am.”

“We talk about being brothers,” Montgomery said. “We talk about being family and keeping things in house, in house and this, that and the other, and that’s not what happened. I don’t know. Maybe that’s what they do in their family, but that’s not what I do in mine.

“No one ever said anything to me. No one ever came to me. So I’m thoroughly disappointed in the speculation and just the backlash that I have to deal with now, because now we’re talking about my character. We’re not even talking about the fumble any more. We’re talking about my character.”

This isn't the first time Rodgers acted like a dick. He's thrown others under the bus before.

Wow. I was thinking the whole team threw ty under the bus. We all know now that's exactly how ty feels as well. Classy organisation. Can you see mcvay doing that?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Wow. I was thinking the whole team threw ty under the bus. We all know now that's exactly how ty feels as well. Classy organisation. Can you see mcvay doing that?

Never in a million years.

That happens, Heaven forbid, and you'll hear McVay say, "we win as a team, we lose as a team"

Hopefully, that's not a possibility until next season at the earliest.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
I had a returnable ball, so I made a split-second decision on, I don’t know if this is going to land on the goal line, so I’m not going to take a knee on the goal line, at the half-yard line and take a chance on putting the game in the ref’s hands.

I don't know. Here's where he caught it. I think I'm just going to move onto next week's game.

btqhnd3.png

Ramer

Been a Ram fan too long to quit now
We owe Ty Montgomery a big thank you and an early christmas present,he did us a big favor. One of the players said it very well there saying-Our defense was playing well.Goff had gone 3 for 12 on third down.Number 12 has done it so many times,just kneel down and let him give us a chance.

Not the EXACT words of course but close enough.

Remember Rodgers visably upset and yelling at that Packers player on the sidelines? I do,well thats why and thats what it was all about.:D:rolllaugh:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ty-mon...angering-aaron-rodgers-packers-141933668.html

Enjoy it while it last...once you become JAG you might get treated like this Mr. Rodgers :sneaky:
200w.webp