Our plan B at QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
We know Sam coming back is Plan A - I believe the Rams when they say that

So what is plan B?

I can't see them trading up for one of the big 2 - and how could you really count on either being there at 10? (It's possible but not the kind of thing you can count on)

Draft someone after the big 2? Maybe - although that's hardly a viable plan B for 2015.

Free agency? Maybe Weinke has a suggestion like a Freeman who just needs another shot.

My best guess. The Rams give up a day two pick for a guy they actually liked coming out last year. A kid who needs a fresh start and needed time to mature. Fresh out of rehab - and ready to make this forum explode with rage when they pull the trigger. Plan B - Johnny Manziel.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

So what is plan B?

I can't see them trading up for one of the big 2 - and how could you really count on either being there at 10? (It's possible but not the kind of thing you can count on)

Draft someone after the big 2? Maybe - although that's hardly a viable plan B for 2015.

Free agency? Maybe Weinke has a suggestion like a Freeman who just needs another shot.

My best guess. The Rams give up a day two pick for a guy they actually liked coming out last year. A kid who needs a fresh start and needed time to mature. Fresh out of rehab - and ready to make this forum explode with rage when they pull the trigger. Plan B - Johnny Manziel.
Before or after he gets out of rehab? Screw that. He was exactly who I thought he was.

jjab360

Legend
Ummm... NO??

There is nothing about this kid that says he will ever come anywhere close to being an NFL starting caliber QB, mentally or physically.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Buy Low ....

Sure. If by buying low, it means we're trading the 7th round pick from New England. Because I'm not giving up anything more than that for a guy who looked like he couldn't play at this level as a rookie, has terrible work habits, and was poisonous to the locker-room.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

So what is plan B?

I think the Rams interest in Manziel is greatly exaggerated. It was one scout and didn't he move on this year?

After seeing what Manziel did this year I don't see how anyone would want him on the team........kid is cancer.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd rather trade for a number of other backup QBs in the NFL than Manziel.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Johnny is what people fear will happen to Jameis. Do you really want to give up anything for what is proven to be broken? He needs a couple more years of failure before he gets his priorities straight. Then he'll probably be too far gone.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Id take Manziel from Cleveland, as long as they include their first or second rounder in a trade for Bradford

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I would take Freeman before Manziel.
At least with Freeman we wouldn't have to give anything up.
In fact, I think we should bring him in to kick the tires. If he could get his head on straight he would have some value.
At least I've seen him play well in the big leagues.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
We know Sam coming back is Plan A - I believe the Rams when they say tha

So what is plan B?

You just like to stir things up right??

Fuck no to either one of those options I'd rather stick with Davis

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If Plan B is Manziel then I'm all in on Plan A!
noplanb.gif

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Gimme Matt Moore. He'll be cheap and he's not old and has an arm. He needs a solid run game, which I think we can provide if they hit on the OL this Draft. I'm just trying to make lemonade at the position this year. Really want to attack the O line and find some young long term solutions there to help properly evaluate the QBs.

Bradford
Moore
Davis
Boone Duke UDFA

That would be my QB chart going into Camp.

FRO

Legend
Manziel looked on par with Keith Null his rookie year. He was horrible. I mean Austin Davis was superior by a mile. Manziel has zero work ethic and a substance abuse problem. If they were sending a draft pick with him I would accept.

If we are going to take a risk, I say Josh Freeman.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds like ROD is on board with plan B! Les, you have our blessing - make it so.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Weinke has worked with Christian Ponder, however, he also was with Frank Cignetti in San Francisco back in 2007 with Shaun Hill. Overall, IMO, the best option in free agency much to the chagrin of many is Marc Sanchez. Sanchez is one of the few free agents that young and has actually won playoff games, but he will cost the most.

IMO I could see the Rams bringing in Ponder, he's athletic and has started close to 40 games over his career and that's only if Weinke feels good about him. Then if Hundley last until the second round for the Rams I could see them drafting Hundley. That way behind Bradford they would have two mobile quarterbacks and most likely come across well from a cerebral standpoint.

Now quite frankly I don't want a plan B, I want Bradford to play a whole season, but I also want Scarlett Johansson to whisper sweat nothings into my ear! I'm hoping the latter is far more unrealistic than the health of Sam the Ram.

However, when you look at what is out there, Shaun Hill does not look that bad although he's another year older. Ponder seems to have regressed, but again I only post about Ponder because of the history with Weinke FWIW.

Last edited:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Sam is refusing to take a pay cut - as has been reported (although a lot of malarkey has been "reported") -- then we need to ask ourselves how much of our cap $$ are we really OK putting into plan B.

We still need 3/5 O Line spots, Kenny Britt or another WR, Kendricks or an alternative ....