OT: Just booked LA trip NEED HELP!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Hey guys,

So I just purchased my first ticket out to Cali to see my girl who's working out there for temp work. So amped to be in Rams/Lakers country FINALLY!! I'll be staying in Riverside, CA area and wanted to asked my brothers and sisters on here what are some things to do out in that vicinity? She and I agreed to take in my first Rams training camp (but not sure there will be any available that weekend :( ) and do anything fun within 1 hour drive. I'll be out west from June 1st till June 3rd. Any ideas or suggestions for her and I are greatly appreciated. For reference purposes, her and I are 25 and 27, respectively and looking to make it a fun-filled weekend.

Thanks in advance, everyone!

GO RAMS!!!

edit: I will be staying in Pasadena, sorry relying on her for this info lol.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Well there’s quite a big diff between riverside and Pasadena

You caught a huge break right off the bat

That being said, as an Orange County guy, I’m no help but this I know, Pasadena is generally a pretty decent place to be, you should have no issues finding a decent place for nightlife

Last edited:

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
I hate to break the news to you, but training camp won't start till the end of June.

the one at UCI that is. I don't know if anything for the public will be going on at Thousand Oaks when you are visiting.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Go visit the US Bank Tower in Downtown LA with its glass slide at the top of that tower if you and your lady friend are not too afraid of heights.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I grew up in Pasadena.
Fair Oaks and Colorado was the center of the “hood” in the 50’s when I rode to school to St.Andrews. (That’s the tall Romanesque clock tower you’ll see entering the town from the 210.)
Now it’s the redeveloped center of town.
Check out Suicide Bridge and Lake Street - like Rodeo Drive on the non Beverly Hills side of the bridge.

Anyway, you don’t need my memory lane bs - lotta nice restaurants in Arroyo Blvd.

And it’s Lightyears nicer than Riverside - no offense to anyone - just a fact.

Enjoy.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Downtown LA will be close and probably where you want to hang out. It has some great restaurants. Make reservations now though for the best of them.

1st level:
Bestia
Broken Spanish
Rossoblu

2nd level:
Redbird
Perch (nice rooftop)

Odds and Ends:
Sqirl - actually in Silverlake best breakfast you'll ever have
Howlin' Rays (no reservation, walk up chicken - will melt your mouth with heat)

Angel City Brewery is downtown and fun, get tickets to The Broad museum (have to get a month in advance), Disney Concert Hall is fun and def check out Grand Central Market, Pershing Square maybe.

Last edited:

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Awesome stuff, thank you guys!!

I heard ota’s Might be around that time are those open to public? Might also make a trip to stadium construction.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I grew up in Pasadena.
Fair Oaks and Colorado was the center of the “hood” in the 50’s when I rode to school to St.Andrews. (That’s the tall Romanesque clock tower you’ll see entering the town from the 210.)
Now it’s the redeveloped center of town.
Check out Suicide Bridge and Lake Street - like Rodeo Drive on the non Beverly Hills side of the bridge.

Anyway, you don’t need my memory lane bs - lotta nice restaurants in Arroyo Blvd.

And it’s Lightyears nicer than Riverside - no offense to anyone - just a fact.

Enjoy.

I was just back in Pasadena and noticed they were fixing St Andrews and making it all nice - damn hipsters - when i went to design college at Art Center up on linda vista we'd hang out in what i guess was the last of the "hood"
Great times
There is a nice Thai place called saladang that i spent half my scholarship $

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
If you're into Science, I would suggest the Griffith Park Observatory. their Panetarium shows are excellent.
The Long Beach Aquarium is another can't miss.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I guess I'm OLd, I was just going to suggest take her to Disneyland or Studio City!:hiding:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hit the beaches. Up and down PCH in that region, can't go wrong.